8 hours ago, jenius said:

Sentinel Legioss would be even better if a little larger/bigger. Anyway, this is a very beautiful Legioss. I hope the plastic quality, as shown in preview pics, is not as what we have had with ET Legioss ! The ET Legioss, when I first saw the pics, was wonderfull. After I got it in hands, what a disaster.... I don't think we will be disapointed this time.

Edited by manfred17

On 11/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, jenius said:

I don't think it was clear in the anime but there's some line art with it horizontal.

Could you please post a link or an image?  I cannot recall seeing this detail in the line art at the moment.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Tober said:

Sentinel themselves? No. Mercy Rabbit, who does their artwork, revealed a Legioss and Tread combo pic a while back, but stated that it was just 'fan art'. Maybe there will be a clue on the Legioss box.

The Legioss appears to have mounting points for a Tread, so I'd say it's possible depending on sales.

Could you post a link to this 'fan art' image?  I'd love to see what they revealed.

If our speculating is correct and those recessed tabs in the forearms double up as connection points for the Tread, I’ll be curious to see how Sentinel pulls off the Tread’s chest and cockpit.

It looks like this Legioss will sit deeper into the Tread.  Factor in that there isn’t much of a sizeable gap between the Legioss arms, and Sentinel’s gonna need to pull off some design magic to get the Tread’s chest and cockpit area(s) to work right.

Have I offended you in someway. The links you speak of are in a language I don’t speak or understand, hence asking a question for clarity. Also, shockingly,  sometimes people may miss info that was posted previously . :shok:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

15 hours ago, vladykins said:

And using @jenius's numbers (he likely has his legs fully extended and I don't), we're looking for the size to likely line right up with the Tynami/Aoshima and CM's size, which means given the detail on this, I'm happy to pay the price point.

Evolution-Toy-Dark-Legioss-18.jpg

Man, Sentinel really puts the other companies to shame.  Just look at that difference...  There's PLENTY of reason to understand the price point of this thing just doing a quick side-by-side.

o0620077514628193883.jpg?caw=800

8 hours ago, enphily said:

Hope @Tober does not mind

DzENrRCU0AEI5vP?format=jpg&name=large

I'm 100% sure this is not just fan art.

6 hours ago, Mog said:

If our speculating is correct and those recessed tabs in the forearms double up as connection points for the Tread, I’ll be curious to see how Sentinel pulls off the Tread’s chest and cockpit.

It looks like this Legioss will sit deeper into the Tread.  Factor in that there isn’t much of a sizeable gap between the Legioss arms, and Sentinel’s gonna need to pull off some design magic to get the Tread’s chest and cockpit area(s) to work right.

Do those forearm recesses connect to the stand adapter?  Because we've already pretty much seen how the connection will work based on that adapter.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Pretty sure the forearm slots have nothing to do with a Tread.

What do you think they will be for?  I mean, if a slot in the forearms were used to connect to the Tread then you wouldn't be able to transform it while connected so they have to be for something else.

29 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Will this come with a collapsed MOSPEADA and a fully armored figure as well?

Chris

It comes with a fully articulated pilot and bike to sit on.  I think the link enphily is referring to is the ameblo blog.  Chrome will actually auto-translate that for you, but you still have to kinda figure out what they're trying to get at.  It's how we discovered a stand is coming with it too.

Edited by Mommar

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Man, Sentinel really puts the other companies to shame.  Just look at that difference...  There's PLENTY of reason to understand the price point of this thing just doing a quick side-by-side.

o0620077514628193883.jpg?caw=800

I'm 100% sure this is not just fan art.

Do those forearm recesses connect to the stand adapter?  Because we've already pretty much seen how the connection will work based on that adapter.

What do you think they will be for?  I mean, if a slot in the forearms were used to connect to the Tread then you wouldn't be able to transform it while connected so they have to be for something else.

It comes with a fully articulated pilot and bike to sit on.  I think the link enphily is referring to is the ameblo blog.  Chrome will actually auto-translate that for you, but you still have to kinda figure out what they're trying to get at.  It's how we discovered a stand is coming with it too.

I appreciate yours and his answer. I know the blog, but I’m on my iPhone or iPad. If there is a translation function I didn’t know about it. I’m not the most tech savvy person. I know it came with both the pilot and bike just wasn’t sure about the stowed bike and fully armored figure like ET did. 

Chris

IIRC the ET Legioss is not 1/48, its FAR too big for that scale.  More like 1/35 or something, similar to the old Gakken but maybe a bit smaller. 

The Sentinel's legs are so much shorter than the Toynami or CMS in fighter mode, that was one of the main problems with the CMS.  I assume the Toynami has a similar issue.   The connection to the boom from the Tread needs to be VERY strong (as well the Tread to its boom).  If that's done correctly, it would be a great product.

You're inserting a back solved scale into a conversation of official scale, it just muddies the conversation. Yes, the official scale is problematic but it is what the creators stated. ET is about 1/32. At 1/48 this is the size of the CMs and Toynami toys.

16 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

There are some material-related reasons why people don't like making clear stands.  Generally speaking, if you're limited to using the same sort of material as the rest of the toy, a clear stand won't be helpful, because the plastic tends to be much more brittle.  The big stands Arcadia has made are very noticeably a different sort of plastic than the valks, and it's probably also why they were able to offer them separately.  I would bet that they had to produce them in an entirely separate product run, possibly at a different factory.

With things like HMR valks, it's not such a huge issue, because they're much lighter, but even then, some the action bases that have come with some of my HMR valks definitely formed hairline cracks just from the force of pegging the pedestal into the base.

i doubt the stands come off the same "trees" (aka made in the same molds) that the parts for the actual toy are.  There is no reason to do that unless you want them to be the same material or their inclusion is "free" (well some extra machining in the molds) from a mold size standpoint.  yes, there are material issue with most clear plastics but those are easily solved during the design phase if you know the application the stand is designed for (not the case for most action stands from bandai for instance as they are generically for things of a certain size)....or you can just make it stout as hell and not worry.  i don't mind the connection point being colored plastic as sometimes the connectin points are sometimes tiny and they need to transmit the load to the armature....but IMO there is no excuse from a materials standpoint for the bulk of the armatures to not be clear.   i mean i have some yeti stands that will probably work (they are obviusly cut out of thick solid acrylic and not molded to shape so i'm not using this as an argument in the "it can be done" part of this post) , assuming he makes some adaptors.....but i only have 3 yeti stands in my entire collection...they are pricey and obviously not included with the toy.  lol.

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

You're inserting a back solved scale into a conversation of official scale, it just muddies the conversation. Yes, the official scale is problematic but it is what the creators stated. ET is about 1/32. At 1/48 this is the size of the CMs and Toynami toys.

You're absolutely right

21 minutes ago, tekering said:

Moscato Hobby's 1:48 "Buster" Legioss is slightly larger than the ET Legioss... and nobody understands Mospeada scale better than Captain America.

While I love the Captain's Legioss to death, the solution to the cockpit/back issue on this release is amazing and really gives the best solution IMHO to the anime magic that was the shrinking forward fuselage.  The mech looks great in all modes.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Maybe they wanna do some of these armor packs :D

AFC3-B-Legioss-with-additional-armor-2.j

AFC-1-Ground-combat-protector-weapon-sys

VE-6-ELINT-Alpha.jpg

That's the supposed dimensions based off of Amazon.JP listing. Still not sure how correct that is in the end, given it is saying 16 x 10 x 10. I'm definitely assuming the 1/48 scale means about the size of the Toynami/Aoshima and CMs releases. As long as it doesn't collapse after a few transformations, it is already miles ahead of Toynami/Aoshima.

2 hours ago, enphily said:

Maybe they wanna do some of these armor packs :D

AFC3-B-Legioss-with-additional-armor-2.j

AFC-1-Ground-combat-protector-weapon-sys

VE-6-ELINT-Alpha.jpg

I don't know that they have plans for it, but as they have the relationship with Aramaki, I think the forearm bits are hard points for exactly this... It's a fun option to leave themselves with. I don't know if they do exclusives but that seems like perfect stuff for Wonderfest... They may even just leave it to the fans to do.

3 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i doubt the stands come off the same "trees" (aka made in the same molds) that the parts for the actual toy are.  There is no reason to do that unless you want them to be the same material or their inclusion is "free" (well some extra machining in the molds) from a mold size standpoint. 

That's basically my entire point though.  If you don't want to be shelling out tons of money for entirely different molds designed for different materials that may or may not require an entirely different factory to produce, you're going to want to produce the stands using the same molds, materials, and factory production line that produces the toy.  It makes a lot of financial sense to make the stands in the same materials as the toy itself.

That's not to say it can't be done, because Arcadia did it with their stands.  But like I said, the reason the stands were available separately from their valks was probably because they were produced on an entirely different production run from the toys themselves, and who knows if they even used the same factory.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Moscato Hobby's 1:48 "Buster" Legioss is slightly larger than the ET Legioss... and nobody understands Mospeada scale better than Captain America.

I am pretty sure that Captain said that his legios was 1/32 scale. But the box art says 1:48 scale indeed. I hope @captain america can confirm, because I am also interested