I think this toy looks amazing in every mode but I would say that those panels under the intake in diver mode would drive me nuts if I couldn't get them symmetrical... fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can. I'd also bet that they create a lot more leg mobility so I'm all for it.

That soldier mode cockpit trick is sweet.

24 minutes ago, enphily said:

You can see it on some earlier pics, like:

EAhkTExU0AAMsA3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

DzAj1sSUYAA9VNl?format=jpg&name=medium

DjZ7XvgUYAAwfNj?format=jpg&name=medium

DzAj1sRUUAI8gAX?format=jpg&name=medium

Ok, I think I got confused now. Based on the photos you provided, the whole cockpit section does indeed rotate towards the back like othe Legioss do, yes? If so, I was only meant to ask the cockpit since Dewpoint mentioned the seat should rotate. Unless, I got it wrong.

42 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I would think that the seat should rotate for pilot comfort in armo-soldier mode.  Seems a bit tight for that.

Noel, the pilot is facing forward under the head. On traditional Legioss toys, the nose and cockpit swing up and over and the pilot faces down. On this toy, the cockpit pivots up and tucks under the head so the pilot would be upright and facing forward.

We have no Legioss toy with rotating pilot seat, we always have pilot faces the ground.

Sentinel reimagine that and did rotating cockpit, @F18LEGIOSS mentioned that a year ago

On 7/31/2018 at 11:34 AM, F18LEGIOSS said:

wing/cockpit transformation breakout :

Sentinel did a great job designing the wings' folding mechanism.

image.png.41596c9495e57cfad31549c1f8320bf9.png

image.png.05ef5f17f7dea7d7f826aec7b06ad781.png

The Legioss just looks so different, depending on the angle of the shots taken.

The angles from the fighter underside make it look almost stubby:

EAh1i_0UYAEnimo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I'll give 'em credit for collapsing the legs and feet, but I'd love to see the fighter underside unobstructed and no camera angle tricks.

One last comment on Houquet:  I wonder if Sentinel will design the big hunking gun to sit slightly above the handlebars and chest armor/headlights (as CM's and Beagle's version did it).  If they use the same peg-hole as Stick's gun used, then they'll probably have the gun handle rotate somehow for the necessary length.

Edited by Mog

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Noel, the pilot is facing forward under the head. On traditional Legioss toys, the nose and cockpit swing up and over and the pilot faces down. On this toy, the cockpit pivots up and tucks under the head so the pilot would be upright and facing forward.

Thanks Jenius! Got it! It’s like the Siegfrieds now. Nice! :good::drinks:

1 minute ago, enphily said:

We have no Legioss toy with rotating pilot seat, we always have pilot faces the ground.

Sentinel reimagine that and did rotating cockpit, @F18LEGIOSS mentioned that a year ago

Thanks enphily! I didn’t get it earlier. And now looking back again on the photos you provided I ddi notice the canopy. I probably missed that cockpit conversation pages ago on this thread. My bad. Hahaha! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I just hope the legioss color scheme is not final. At least the Blue one's was faithful to the anime. 

They're unpainted test shots.

also I love how the cockpit transformation lets them have a full length nose cone in fighter mode that still doesn't hang a mile past the crotch in soldier mode. now that's clever.

Very excited for the Legioss.  The top view of the fighter looks great.  I think the reason the pilot looks so large in the cockpit is because the pilot figure is articulated.  You can see elbow and knee joints in the pic on the tiny mospeada bike.  If they could pull off an articulated pilot figure with a collapsable bike and make it look good in all three modes, this would be the gold standard in transformable fighter toys.

image.png.8b25bc09d61a42bdd1de6b5cd508a958.png

Translated text under the title card of Genesis Breakers:

The development of the "Genesis Breakers Mospeada 2083 (provisional)", which will create a new Mospeada world with toys, will start in 2020 with the cooperation of Hideki Suganuma and Shinji Aramaki.

Like I said earlier, an OVA tie-in would be great to flesh out the characters and give it a backstory. Aramaki San has worked on a bunch of anime since Mospeada.

Since it's 2083, and everyone will be older: can we get a Mint with her own  MOSPEADA???

33 minutes ago, adugifever said:

Since it's 2083, and everyone will be older: can we get a Mint with her own  MOSPEADA???

2083 is when the Second Recapture Mission takes place in the original MOSPEADA, so this is likely a reboot. I hope they redesign the Inbit with that more organic look they teased in sketches.

Holy Cow! I will finally be getting a Legioss! It looks so amazing!

Even with those pictures, I still don’t understand the nose cockpit transformation you guys are talking about. I’ve never had a Legioss toy before so I don’t understand what I’m looking at.

So excited for this toy!

Chris

46 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Loving the Legioss, the ingenuity and effort in engineering on it makes the DX VF-1 look like a half-hearted attempt.

Funny you say that; I always correlated the 171 to the legioss from the aspects of the way the legs and arms transform.

32 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Holy Cow! I will finally be getting a Legioss! It looks so amazing!

Even with those pictures, I still don’t understand the nose cockpit transformation you guys are talking about. I’ve never had a Legioss toy before so I don’t understand what I’m looking at.

So excited for this toy!

Chris

Hey Dobber, basically on all of the older Legioss/Alpha releases they have one thing in common, the Nose of the aircraft is always extremely noticeable from just about every angle. Sentinel redesigned the transformation so the Nose section is much more compact. Picture courteous of AnyMoon you can see that the nose is sticking out / drooping down. 

Gakken-135-Legioss-10.jpg

9 hours ago, enphily said:

I remember seeing that drawing.  I didn't notice that they made that happen.  Kind of a VF-4 style nose cone fold.  The whole torso seems to have been redesigned.

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

I remember seeing that drawing.  I didn't notice that they made that happen.  Kind of a VF-4 style nose cone fold.  The whole torso seems to have been redesigned.

I wonder if having the cockpit tucked in was the idea all along?

eta-25.gif

8 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

On a side note: Anyone working on non armored/ plainclothes Stick and co figures to use the Riobot heads on?

If you know someone, let me know. Would love to have civvies for all of the figures. ^_^ 

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If you know someone, let me know. Would love to have civvies for all of the figures. ^_^ 

I had gotten a suggestion to use the figuarts blanks as a base figure and DIW, but further research seemed they wouldn't fit the ride armors.

1 hour ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I had gotten a suggestion to use the figuarts blanks as a base figure and DIW, but further research seemed they wouldn't fit the ride armors.

I thought about that last year and even looked over the variety of figuarts that might make good candidates, but couldn't find good matches to the faces.  I too am hoping CMS or someone else decides to do plain clothes figs. 

K so I only have DBZ Figuarts. As far as body frame is concerned Piccolo is a fit- he has the height. What other Figuarts figures are the same size?

I had to take out the barbell peg from Sticks head. The ball on Piccolo's frame is too small in contrast. But some kind 9f filler could make it work maybe?

20190728_192023.jpg

20190728_191927.jpg

20190728_191909.jpg

20190728_191850.jpg

20190728_192937.jpg

4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I wonder if having the cockpit tucked in was the idea all along?

eta-25.gif

And if you compare this scale of pilot vs the soldier mode with that of the toy, the pilot is way too big in the toy.

10 hours ago, captain america said:

2083 is when the Second Recapture Mission takes place in the original MOSPEADA, so this is likely a reboot. I hope they redesign the Inbit with that more organic look they teased in sketches.

oops...youre right.

I'd still want a ride armor Mint tho...:)

1 hour ago, eyl said:

And if you compare this scale of pilot vs the soldier mode with that of the toy, the pilot is way too big in the toy.

I can produce ten different samples of line art that will show you ten different pilot sizes.

I just want a civilian clothed figure set with small arms IN SCALE with the bikes with Lunk's jeep, Mint, Marlene, and Yellow in a dress. Show me THAT and I'll be excited.  Legioss is looking promising. Not a huge fan of the reimagined bikes still. 

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I like the stand that the Legioss is resting on, reminds me of the extension bar from the Tread/Beta. B))

EAh2kbCUYAApGg2.jpg

Good catch! The TREAD is definitely considered then. Let's hope the sales justify the development. Toynami also made their Alpha with the Beta in mind but their link system was poorly thought out (lot's of challenges for Sentinel to have fun with in a TREAD toy as well). Unlike the VF-1 that had a steady evolution process as a toy, the Legioss has had so little improvement over the years that is exciting to see someone putting so much love and effort in working around the inherent design problems.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy
Grammar.