5 hours ago, jenius said:

Oh man, what a bummer. Mine just shipped so I probably won't be able to whoosh it around until Monday.

Initially I was wondering if I didn't have the legs as far up as they can go, but nope, I think the tab and leg hole are like a cm apart.  Dunno how they let that one slide.  The tab/leg hole didn't work very well in the first place,.  The really bad thing is that with around 10 small changes these could have been great toys.  I think I'm going to sell off my ET VF-2SS, its just too disappointing.  They should quit making transformable toys. 

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Okay guys, who gives better head, Aoshima or Toynami?

I bet I could have worded that better....

Aoshima-AB-01I-Tread-10.jpg

I'd take either of them home with me.  If I'm forced to pick, I'll go with the Aoshima even though I prefer the Toynami green.

22 hours ago, easnoddy said:

My wallet breathed a sigh of relief.

Capture.PNG.dcb240de4708c544de5b22f4a5b47ecc.PNG

Wow. 2 months extension from the initial June release. I don't mind that. Would that mean that Legioss is also pushed back? I know it doesn't have any PO date yet. But seeing that Legioss was scheduled to release in August then that means it will get released now towards the 4th quarter.

Now I have to worry the budget come August. Ivanov's SV-51 will also get released by then. Oh man oh man oh man. :cray: 

I think the Legioss plan was "one month after the VR-041H" so we're looking at September now at the earliest for that, and that's separate its own delays. I wouldn't be surprised if the Legioss ends up a December release.

I thought (once the preorders actually went live online) that Yellow was scheduled to be an August release. :unknw:

Golion/Voltron re-release in late July/early August, then Yellow about a month later.

The initial, non-color prototype pics probably first said around June.  But when I put in my preorder, they were already saying August, no?

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I think the Legioss plan was "one month after the VR-041H" so we're looking at September now at the earliest for that, and that's separate its own delays. I wouldn't be surprised if the Legioss ends up a December release.

December. I like that. ^_^

Wow...

Doing some resin 3d printing, opened a new bottle of 91% IPA and got a small splash for about 30 seconds onto one of my Sentinel figures, and the coating immediately discolored and peeled/bubbled...

20190523_141837_r.thumb.jpg.dcd9a1a6ac5ad1988b4edf50c4e34868.jpg

It's disappointing, a bit surprising, and I'm frustrated with myself.

I'm surprised it had such an effect so quickly. This was really, essentially. instantaneous... like in a movie when someone gets acid thrown on them.

Frustrated with myself, since I NEVER leave these things anywhere where something could happen to them... but, of course, this one figure was on my desk to remind me to get back to designing some custom accessories when time allows.

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Wow...

Doing some resin 3d printing, opened a new bottle of 91% IPA and got a small splash for about 30 seconds onto one of my Sentinel figures, and the coating immediately discolored and peeled/bubbled...

20190523_141837_r.thumb.jpg.dcd9a1a6ac5ad1988b4edf50c4e34868.jpg

Sad to see this happened to your figure. :cray:

Yeah, if it can't be repaired thru repaint, just do some weathering effect as Jeinus suggested. ;) 

Well as a consolation, I don't think it's possible to keep the figure undamaged especially if you transform it a few times. I only fully transformed my Stick's ride armor maybe about 3-4 times and I already got paint damage on his belly, the seat, and probably most unavoidable of all, the ball joints of those piston-like things connected to the front tire. I only realized a few days ago that the ball joint itself is painted. So moving that joint around will eventually rub that off.

I use IPA almost on a daily basis, and it chews through paint or any type coating almost instantly, I have seen it even damage plastic on computer cases and make model kits brittle and break. But saying that I am using 100% strength.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:08 AM, Mog said:

Is it bad that I saw IPA, and my first thought was, “That’s a strong Indian Pale Ale!”

Sucks what happened to your figure though.

You & me both.