Looks ace, but I'm not enough of a Mospeada fan to hand over ¥28,000 for this T-Rex designed beauty.

The worst thing about this thing is I would have to buy this twice to display in fighter and robot mode if I was getting it (sorry it's not called battroid in Mospeada right? I don't know)

5 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Looks ace, but I'm not enough of a Mospeada fan to hand over ¥28,000 for this T-Rex designed beauty.

The worst thing about this thing is I would have to buy this twice to display in fighter and robot mode if I was getting it (sorry it's not called battroid in Mospeada right? I don't know)

You have to buy three atleast not two so you can display it in each modes.

Armo-Fighter (Fighter Mode)
Armo-Diver (Gerwalk Mode)
Armo-Soldier (Battroid Mode)

^_^

You potentially need to have six! That is assuming they produce a Tread; which seems likely if this sells well.

It seems to me that anytime T-Rex is involved in development, retail prices will be near $300 American. They need to get paid too. 

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You have to buy three atleast not two so you can display it in each modes.

Armo-Fighter (Fighter Mode)
Armo-Diver (Gerwalk Mode)
Armo-Soldier (Battroid Mode)

^_^

Actually 5, one for each mode. One to stay minty in the box and one for just in case. :D

If Sentinel is developing a Tread and I were them, I would just announce it outright.  Tell people that the Legioss was designed from the get-go to connect/lock into a Tread and that a Tread is in the works.

It'd be massive incentive for people to buy into their version of the Legioss.

For me personally, it's hard for me to justify buying/pre-ordering Sentinel's version at this time.  I know it was 10 to 15 years ago, but I bought the Toynami Alpha and Beta combined for $50 less than what Sentinel is offering for just the Legioss alone.  Yes, I know inflation.  But Sentinel's Legioss has to be a revolutionary change, not just an incremental improvement, to justify that price for me. 

Basically, I'm looking for a change on the scale of going from the 1/55 VF-1 Chunky Monkey to the 1/48 Yammy.

If I'm gonna take the plunge at $250, the Legioss needs to jump through all the following proverbial hoops:

All Modes:

• Everything locks into place, isn't overly gappy, and nothing flops about.
  • Connections already designed to lock the Tread into place for any mode combinations.

Fighter Mode:

• No extreme REVERSE banana boat syndrome.  Some of the Toynami Alphas were notorious for having the "banana boat back" syndrome, where the nose and cockpit arched upwards with the middle of the plane dipping downward.  I'm hoping that the Sentinel version doesn't do the opposite and droop too much with the nose arching downwards.
  • More than enough clearance with the ground and the chest assembly, when the landing gears are deployed.
  • Ability and option to angle the wings at a slight downward cant or straight across.

Soldier Mode:

• Solid joints, possibly even ratchet joints, that can hold most poses.
  • Arms must absolutely be able to hold the gun one-handed and stay practically parallel to the ground.
  • Ability to do two-handed poses with the gun.
  • The ability to pull off a solid A-stance with the legs.
  • A head that can turn (I'm looking at you, CM's!!).

TL;DR?:  Sentinel should just confirm a Tread is in the plans, make the Legioss solid and poseable as all f@#, and make the Legioss ridiculously better than anything else out on the market. 

20 hours ago, eyl said:

The center one is for attaching gun, using the magazine attachment point.  The two on the arms are probably for Tread, may be two attachment "arms" swing out from under Tread's "chest" missile pods.

21 hours ago, 007-vf1 said:

For the gun I guess..

So I was just looking through the Mospeada Art book and I noticed this: :wacko:

40612229543_d010992f39_b.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Man it does look great. Still want to see a side view and an underside shot too. 

Chris

And the landing gear, CM's, Toynami & ET all dropped the ball in that department, especially with the rear-landing gear wheels. 

2 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Im confident sentinel will do a fabulous job on the legioss...after all they are the ones responsible for the excellent engineering of vf-31 line....and hence to justfy the almost ridiculous price tag

was sentinel involved with bandai's vf-31? 

8 hours ago, Mog said:

If Sentinel is developing a Tread and I were them, I would just announce it outright.  Tell people that the Legioss was designed from the get-go to connect/lock into a Tread and that a Tread is in the works.

It'd be massive incentive for people to buy into their version of the Legioss.

For me personally, it's hard for me to justify buying/pre-ordering Sentinel's version at this time.  I know it was 10 to 15 years ago, but I bought the Toynami Alpha and Beta combined for $50 less than what Sentinel is offering for just the Legioss alone.  Yes, I know inflation.  But Sentinel's Legioss has to be a revolutionary change, not just an incremental improvement, to justify that price for me. 

Basically, I'm looking for a change on the scale of going from the 1/55 VF-1 Chunky Monkey to the 1/48 Yammy.

If I'm gonna take the plunge at $250, the Legioss needs to jump through all the following proverbial hoops:

All Modes:

• Everything locks into place, isn't overly gappy, and nothing flops about.
  • Connections already designed to lock the Tread into place for any mode combinations.

Fighter Mode:

• No extreme REVERSE banana boat syndrome.  Some of the Toynami Alphas were notorious for having the "banana boat back" syndrome, where the nose and cockpit arched upwards with the middle of the plane dipping downward.  I'm hoping that the Sentinel version doesn't do the opposite and droop too much with the nose arching downwards.
  • More than enough clearance with the ground and the chest assembly, when the landing gears are deployed.
  • Ability and option to angle the wings at a slight downward cant or straight across.

Soldier Mode:

• Solid joints, possibly even ratchet joints, that can hold most poses.
  • Arms must absolutely be able to hold the gun one-handed and stay practically parallel to the ground.
  • Ability to do two-handed poses with the gun.
  • The ability to pull off a solid A-stance with the legs.
  • A head that can turn (I'm looking at you, CM's!!).

TL;DR?:  Sentinel should just confirm a Tread is in the plans, make the Legioss solid and poseable as all f@#, and make the Legioss ridiculously better than anything else out on the market. 

I mean, they kind of have said that they've designed a Tread by incorporating the attachment pieces. Saying anything else would set them up to anger a lot of people if they ultimately choose not to make it because Legioss sales aren't good enough. "WHERE'S MY TREAD????" Better to imply its existence so you can't be dragged over the coals. 

^^Guess it’s a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.

But if Sentinel sneaks or hints a Tread somewhere in its Legioss box cover art, I’ll take that as their “play it safe” confirmation.

They already did it with Rey (sneaking the Blow Superior in there), so there’s precedent.

A Tread attaching to the Legioss arms is not canon, but could be possible, since this Legioss is a reinterpretation of the original design.

I'm not feeling Sentinel's armo-soldier, I have some issues with the proportions. Cool for all the people that like it though.

I actually looked at a ton of lineart of the combined fighter last night, and it’s hard to say one way or another.

You could argue that the Legioss recesses a bit into the Tread’s chest, based on some drawings.

But it would be recessing pretty deep with those attachment points being where they are on the arms/boosters.

Bottom line:  If you’re looking to lock up the combined fighter mode, that’s one of the best places to put a connection/locking point.

IF the Tread is in play, I’m curious to see what improvements Sentinel can pull off in the design.

38 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

A Tread attaching to the Legioss arms is not canon, but could be possible, since this Legioss is a reinterpretation of the original design.

I'm not feeling Sentinel's armo-soldier, I have some issues with the proportions. Cool for all the people that like it though.

4 minutes ago, Mog said:

I actually looked at a ton of lineart of the combined fighter last night, and it’s hard to say one way or another.

You could argue that the Legioss recesses a bit into the Tread’s chest, based on some drawings.

But it would be recessing pretty deep with those attachment points being where they are on the arms/boosters.

Bottom line:  If you’re looking to lock up the combined fighter mode, that’s one of the best places to put a connection/locking point.

IF the Tread is in play, I’m curious to see what improvements Sentinel can pull off in the design.

My concern with locking into the arms is that it then requires the arm ratchets to be really tight to give enough support... unless they still ALSO have the standard locking in from underneath the fighter, as other companies have done. We haven't seen the bottom of this fighter yet, but I assume that any potential TLEAD will lock in from the top AND bottom, with probably one of those two locations being where you slide the fighter into position, and then the other point has a lock on a double hinge or something similar to then fold into position.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

I mean, they kind of have said that they've designed a Tread by incorporating the attachment pieces. Saying anything else would set them up to anger a lot of people if they ultimately choose not to make it because Legioss sales aren't good enough. "WHERE'S MY TREAD????" Better to imply its existence so you can't be dragged over the coals. 

Stick and Ray had the attachment points for the saddlebags since day one, even though we didn't see them being used until now with Yellow.

50 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm not sure about that, Ignacio. We all love Mospeada as much as we love Macross. I have a feeling that you're going to preorder atleast 2 of these. And that's for sure. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure about that, Ignacio. We all love Mospeada as much as we love Macross. I have a feeling that you're going to preorder atleast 2 of these. And that's for sure. :good: 

You are right, I love Mospeada just as much as Macross. It's just that I'm so used to the Gakken, the CM's and the ET. I guess I will warm to Sentinels interpretation of the Legioss.

2 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

You are right, I love Mospeada just as much as Macross. It's just that I'm so used to the Gakken, the CM's and the ET. I guess I will warm to Sentinels interpretation of the Legioss.

There you go. :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

I don't think this PO will move too fast and it should get a decent discount at the usual shops. Should probably be able to nab it for around $250 shipped at current exchange rates.

You're referring to the Legioss, not Yellow, right?

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

6-258.png

Gorgeous work, as always (and even better than usual, because of the subject matter).

Everyone remember how Yamato used to do the regular plastic versions (i.e. Priss' Motoslave and the standard Garland) and then would also release more limited "metallic" paint jobs? I think these (especially Yellow's) would look great with that kind of metallic paint.

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Give it a few more looks,  At first I didn't like how it diverged from the lineart but the more I've looked at it the more I think it makes logical sense the way it's now designed and I kind of prefer it now.