21 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

As I wait for new MOSPEADA (and Megazone) products, I've been slowly looking around at deals on old items to fill out the collection.

I'd just like to say "thank you" to the few folks who still post items on eBay without looking online to see what they are.

I just picked up this sweet "Matchbox motorcycle", and it even came with a "Bandai metal car".

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dcf27de46187dc61cfcd4dbea546e3db.jpg

Perfect condition? Not at all... but for a whopping $5.50 (plus $3.50 shipping), I'll take it.

That's a good find, RavenHawk. Nice purchase. :good:

Btw, the Porsche 928S 'metal car' is a from a line called Machine Robo DX made by Tonka back in '83. And was used as part of GoBots.

Yup. That's how young I am. Hahaha! :lol:

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a good find, RavenHawk. Nice purchase. :good:

Btw, the Porsche 928S 'metal car' is a from a line called Machine Robo DX made by Tonka back in '83. And was used as part of GoBots.

Yup. That's how young I am. Hahaha! :lol:

Thanks. Yeah, I saw the picture in the posting, and thought "That looks like a Machine Robo DX", but it wasn't until I got it in hand and transformed it that I realized, "Hey, that's Herr Fiend!"

Either way, it was a fun little find, and it let me add a Matchbox Cyclone to my shelf without eating into the budget for the (hopefully soon) Yellow Sentinel.

Oh, and I think I'm pretty "young" too. I had more Gobots (well, knockoffs even less expensive than the real ones) as a kid, but no DXs (those were approaching Transformers prices back then).

super gobots or something like that.  i was lucky enough to have a few.  the silver porsche "baron von joy" one had reallly good porshe mode.  there was one called "defender" that was really cool to me back then too.  the super gobots fraternized with my TFs.   man that "matchbox motorcycle" looks good for the age.

I had read a number of comments that people might pick-up the Evolution Toys Legioss if it was on sale.  BBTS has the blue for $278.99 (10% off) and the green for $259.99 (20% off).  It is still too rich for my blood and I'm going to wait for the Sentinel Legioss. 

By the way my Sentinel ride armors arrived from Amiami and I love them.  They arrived very quickly.  I'm thankful to whomever posted Amiami as a reference, because I think this will be my new go to option for Japanese imports.  So far I've just opened them from the box and inspected them.  

One of the things that bums me out about the ET Legioss and just about every other Legioss out there is that no one has really put any thought into the sensor array since Gakken did it. At 1/32 scale, using modern methods, ET was in a prime position to do something a lot closer to the line art. The big problem I have is that door that swings open and sits on one side of the head. It's not supposed to be their in Soldier mode. Also, the array is supposed to basically clip to the back of the intake, not sit right beside the head making it so the head can't turn to one side. So, while I was buying stuff at Safeway I pondered how it should work and this is what i came up with:

Draft-1-Array-Sketch.jpg

It's a first draft so I'm sure there's lots of room for improvement but all said, I don't think it's terribly complicated for a decently sized toy. The array sits on a rod connected to the back of the intake (my drawing shows it a bit too far forward, it should be right at the edge). The array is connected to a housing and that housing is connected to the rod. To access the array, the door above it would be pulled open toward the cockpit (so it sits on round pegs and you would do this by putting your finger in at the tail edge of the intakes). The array is then turned so it's pointing up, then toward the back of the craft and the rod it sits on is then rotated so it points back toward the front of the craft.  Some sort of notches would be used to fit the array securely against the back of the intake. Two panels within the cavity would then be recessed allowing the the door to be slid down into the now vacant cavity. How do you keep the door from opening when in fighter mode holding the toy upside down? A small clip in the bottom of the door could easily connect to the inner edge of the rod that holds the array and then to a peg at the bottom of the cavity. 

What do you guys think? Seem plausible enough? I imagine the support panels could have open areas underneath them, they can be pretty big open areas since they're inside the toy, that would allow you to then reach in and pull them back out when you're ready to go back to fighter mode.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Can anyone translate what is said in the lower left-hand section of this panel? I'm hoping it explains what the fourth would-be missile bay was meant for.

Lower left?  I believe it says something along the lines of "due to the (landing gear) wheel sticking out in the interior, it doesn't open."

内側は車輪がでるため、ひらかない。

Edited by sketchley

Awesome, I always thought that was the case so it's nice to have some proof. I could certainly imagine why we haven't seen a toy manufacturer attempt to store the gear there... talk about a tight fit and an odd angle. 

Thank you Sketchley!

Edited by jenius

"what a piece of junk".... Luke Skywalker - Star Wars

Seriously though, these things are just bad, so glad I didn't go for these. They look like about a $75 toy. The price they want is just ridiculous.  Siiiigh...maybe someday, Bandai or Sentinel??? will give us a Legioss toy we can love.:mellow:

While not worth $300 for the casual fan, the ET are better than the CMS and Toynami toys and in soldier and diver look better than the Gakken. Gakken got closer in fighter than everthing else, simply because the legs dont stick way out in fighter.

So far the ET is less fragile than the first 2, and i broke my Gakkens shoulders back in the day.

I'll keep mine, i like them, for the most part they look great. They look great next to Arcadia Macross toys. My only knock on the Sentinel thus far is that they're approaching the Toynami aesthetic in soldier mode. Will see.

Of all the toys I mentioned, only the Toynami are jot worth owning...too brittle.

^^Not gonna disagree about the Toynami's having razor thin tolerances, having key parts made of brittle plastics (the hands and hip joints come to mind instantly), and having parts and joints that are a major a source of frustration.

But as a display piece (especially with its badass Beta backup), it's still reasonably priced and blends well with the rest of my collectibles:

post-3595-1248934094_thumb.jpgpost-3595-128793171768_thumb.jpg

gallery_3595_265_132446.jpg

gallery_3595_265_54558.jpg

I think the MPC is still the high water mark for looks in all modes ignoring all the build quality and fit issues. A 1/32 MPC with high end materials and manufacturing and a couple more tricks to take advantage of the scale would be amazing.

I fully agree with that statement.  I have all three Toynami Alphas and while the blue one's hands aren't great, I actually got lucky with my red and green ones, they are holding up pretty well.  My three Beta's however are still rock solid.  Toynami got those right materials wise.  Yes, I know they aren't perfect to the line art in some places, but honestly I don't care,  I never thought I would see the day where I would have all three Beta fighters in a decent quality toy!  I'm still loving them. 

Question, was there every an Arai or Aoshima model kit of the Tread? I'm aware of the Newtype armo+tread kit, but haven't seen an Tread that could mate with either the currently available 1/72 or 1/48 Aoshima kits. 

54 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Question, was there every an Arai or Aoshima model kit of the Tread? I'm aware of the Newtype armo+tread kit, but haven't seen an Tread that could mate with either the currently available 1/72 or 1/48 Aoshima kits. 

I've been modeling since 85ish and I've never seen one. 

1 hour ago, Mazinger said:

Nope. The closest thing to a plastic kit was the stillborn Imai 1/72 Tread, for which only a box illustration exists to my knowledge.

seems the evolution toys dark legioss release date has been cahnged to end of march.....guess they didn't get it done before CNY closings.  haha.  or maybe they are making improvements.  either way, we won't see these stateside from amazon jp until early april.  aesthetically i wish these things were more detailed...i guess there are the stickers/decals that can be applied but really these should have been tampo'd on.  MPC got the amount of detail applied right...

Just a personal annoyance, I always though the Toynami looks stubby in armo soldier.  The ET doesn't really look very close to lineart, but i like the look.  The Sentinel looks highly stylized.

I don't think we will get a good, accurate Legioss (or Spartas) until Bandai or a Bandai subsidiary tries it.  Perhaps Arcadia could do it closer.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Just a personal annoyance, I always though the Toynami looks stubby in armo soldier.  The ET doesn't really look very close to lineart, but i like the look.  The Sentinel looks highly stylized.

I don't think we will get a good, accurate Legioss (or Spartas) until Bandai or a Bandai subsidiary tries it.  Perhaps Arcadia could do it closer.

I could see Arcadia doing it, but it seems unlikely to me that Bandai would tackle it without some reason for significant new and increased interest in the property.

I'd love to see Arcadia take a stab at it, and think even Kitz Concept could do something interesting, in a relatively small scale. Personally, from what little we've seen, I actually like the stylized Sentinel approach.

14 minutes ago, Decepticharger said:

Jenius, I just watched a bunch of your video reviews, including the Beagle / Toynami Masterpiece Ride Armor.  Is that red cloth issue on your Beagle Stick also present in the Toynami Scott?

Great reviews, thank you!

Hope it's ok to answer this. I believe both Beagle Stick & Toynami Scott releases have the same cloth issues.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope it's ok to answer this. I believe both Beagle Stick & Toynami Scott releases have the same cloth issues.

Yep, nailed it. Both the Beagle Stick and Toynami MPC Scott figures have the same problematic cloth. It wasn't fixed until Beagle did the Ray figure (and subsequently Toynami did their MPC Rand).

I avoided problems by trying to never ever touch my MPC Scott :)

Hey Happy New Year first of all. Still Jan 2019 lol

I have been quiet awhile as been working on other scales and other franchise projects.

Anyway been playing with the Riobot Mospeada lately.

I know when these figures came out I mentione, what's the possibility about Aftermarket 1/12 scale Inbit Shock troopers, however that was shot down due to costs as an aftermarket idea.

How about this though.

Utilising either the Matchbox Scout ( wrong design anyway) or Shocktrooper as the base body to convert into a close to accurate 1/12 Inbit Scout?

Kit comprising:-

New toes, maybe shins, Forearms and of course key part the Crab head (with eye) kit with/without weapons?

I know not totally 100% accurate but unless someone tackles it from the ground up. Doing ad hoc maybe the next best step?

Now not sure how feasible or possible it is, however if we don't spitball ideas we'll never know. I couldn't see anyone else thrown this idea before, so guess I am in thebfiring line lol

Is it feasible as a 3d print project? 

Photo just to show size differences. FYI not my photo either.

46427681_274569186567897_1146753554205446052_n.jpg

Oh don't know about Matchbox being super available. Have a gaggle of Both and happy to sacrifice a few for 1/12 Scouts.

Didn't know about the Breetai though. Only recall the one a few years back custom made.

12 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Oh don't know about Matchbox being super available. Have a gaggle of Both and happy to sacrifice a few for 1/12 Scouts.

Didn't know about the Breetai though. Only recall the one a few years back custom made.

I think it's the same person and I think it has evolved into an action figure. Check out the Macross Action Figures thread and you can see lots of interesting projects he's attempting. 

Edit - Also if you're talking about just a project for you to take on rather than a commercial type project, it certainly sounds like it could be pretty fun. 

Edited by jenius