6 hours ago, Tubes78 said:

I personally can do without this one. Now if in the meantime more video's show up that convince me otherwise I'll give it a shot, I'm not that stubborn that I can't change my viewpoints on something. 

P1000296.jpg

Very nice collection there Tubes78, but that pic above... something seems off... ;)

5 hours ago, Smacky said:

Just got payment request from NY and email saying release date is May 3rd.

HLJ has just changed their stock status to 'Discontinued'. Expecting auto-billing in 8 hours. :) / :(

Edited by Tober

6 hours ago, Tubes78 said:

So let's indeed agree to disagree. Enjoy your purchase. I would never take away from a collector's enjoyment of a figure. These are my reasons and mine alone. I personally can do without this one. Now if in the meantime more video's show up that convince me otherwise I'll give it a shot, I'm not that stubborn that I can't change my viewpoints on something

Right on!  Nice collection!

"Any Landing you can walk away from is a Good Landing"

Plan is to transform this to look more fighter mode. Cockpit for figure and storage area for the storage mode Mospeada.

20180502_134334.jpg

20180502_134125.jpg

8 hours ago, Tubes78 said:

We're talking in circles here. If you're happy then my reasons don't matter. Just like your arguments don't convince me at this point (nothing personal). I still believe they could have done a better job. Having a plastic peg of this size stay pegged in better is not an impossible task. And i do feel i paid about 80 - 100 more than i think it's worth. The fact that there's worse crap out there doesn't weigh in to my decision. As for this being an expensive hobby, i know all about that. So let's indeed agree to disagree. Enjoy your purchase. I would never take away from a collector's enjoyment of a figure. These are my reasons and mine alone. I personally can do without this one. Now if in the meantime more video's show up that convince me otherwise I'll give it a shot, I'm not that stubborn that I can't change my viewpoints on something. 

P1000296.jpg

P1000039.jpg

100_2846.jpg

trexbeagle01.jpg

P1000265.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

P1000260.jpg

P1000293.jpg

P1000292.jpg

cyclones-1.jpg

P1000015.jpg

100_2899.jpg

P1000016.jpg

P1000303.jpg

trexbeagle01.jpg

This is really well written perspective and I completely agree. I got the same kinds of comments on my review and it was hard for me to make sense of the viewpoint even for the sake of sympathy/empathy. The problems aren't with the transformation/engineering but with simple tabs and tolerances. It's a matter of poor quality control standards.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. As per Seti’s Ameblo link, Ley’s bike will not sport any markings. Since Stick’s the Commander type, Sentinel wants to differentiate that so they decided to make Ley’s bike plain? I know, I know. The book cover artwork doesn’t have that. But Sentinel didn’t stop there and put markings on Stick’s. And Beagle already did that. Now Sentinel want to justify the plain bike for Ley? Really? Ley’s bike should be price lower now. :unknw: 

Now should I be glad I ordered two of each model so I can swap bike parts with markings? Oh well. <_< 

I honestly don't think I've ever really seen a price difference for tampos. 

20 hours ago, recon said:

Some minor tweaks done to the helm visor by a guy in toysdaily

IMG_0208_zpsepjcnced.jpg

IMG_0217_zpsxstybow6.jpg

8eab450c-e69b-4cfa-a829-27c3e47f81dd_zpst54tuapt.jpg

IMG_0225_zpsrdb31kcy.jpg

This looks so insanely much better.

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

This is so gorgeous... something about the colors and face on Rei really make it look like something out of an animation cell. Bernard is definitely going to be my armored one while he remains unhelmeted.

In the cartoon Rei didn't have any tampos on his suit and Stig did. I'm guessing because Rei just grabbed that random bike from the ship in the first episode and his old bike was destroyed be the invid. Wheres Stig's suit was given to him as an officer, or it could just have been done that way to have Stig stick out among the others.

Either way this guy looks awesome! Especially the face/head sculpt. I do wish Rei came with some goggles though

Edited by RED WOLF

7 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

In the cartoon Rei didn't have any tampos on his suit and Stig did. I'm guessing because Rei just grabbed that random bike from the ship in the first episode and his old bike was destroyed be the invid. Wheres Stig's suit was given to him as an officer, or it could just have been done that way to have Stig stick out among the others.

Either way this guy looks awesome! Especially the face/head sculpt. I do wish Rei came with some goggles though

At the very least, it's consistent with all the art and merchandise that came before. Within the series itself, it doesn't make quite as much sense, though:  the ship with the MOSPEADAs that Rey scavenged on earth was military, and all the bikes would have been assigned prior to the mission starting, and therefore should have markings. The AFC-01 he occasionally pilots certainly did.

21 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

10 minutes ago, captain america said:

At the very least, it's consistent with all the art and merchandise that came before. Within the series itself, it doesn't make quite as much sense, though:  the ship with the MOSPEADAs that Rey scavenged on earth was military, and all the bikes would have been assigned prior to the mission starting, and therefore should have markings. The AFC-01 he occasionally pilots certainly did.

It could be that He removed any Unit Number from the shoulder armour?  After all he was not fond of the Military. Doesn't mean he would'nt use their kit. Same as Activitsts wear Military clothing.
Just a thought.

10 hours ago, mantisfists said:

That's odd that Yellow's ride armor is on the box like that.  If I remember correctly, Stick's doesn't have another bike on his box art, right?  I don't remember the Blowsperior having that mudguard, either.  Am I mistaken?  Sure would be great if that was a tease on what was next.

I am genuinely thrilled that there's even a chance we'll get an updated bike for Yellow, love the fact that it is going to be more angular with it's bodywork, and love that they are including a mudguard (fits the MOSPEADA book aesthetic as well as being more "real world"). However, it looks like it has the same mudguard as the other two bikes. While that makes SENSE... it just doesn't seem to fit the rest of the bike stylistically.

I really hope we get that bike, and, while I appreciate that every piece that needs a new mold adds cost, I hope that that mudguard gets redesigned for that specific bike.

15 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

question for beagles owners: is the beagle a more sturdy toy than the riobot?

Mostly yes, although the original Beagle Stick was really loose. It was rectified for the Rey and Toynami releases. 

The Beagle isn't fragile for a masterpiece style, ages 15+ toy, so to that end it is very sturdy.

Strangely i have yet to come across a company that makes a decent  legoiss armo fighter that would make me go wow even though cms, evolution toys and toynami has produced their own versions. Frankly saying, i hope bandai, arcadia or fexthobby, would try making a detailed transformable legoiss armo fighter as this has being a missing piece in my collection

1 minute ago, recon said:

Strangely i have yet to come across a company that makes a decent  legoiss armo fighter that would make me go wow even though cms, evolution toys and toynami has produced their own versions. Frankly saying, i hope bandai, arcadia or fexthobby, would try making a detailed transformable legoiss armo fighter as this has being a missing piece in my collection

T-REX basically engineer the transforming toys for Sentinel and Arcadia, so I suspect the result would be similar. They also did the Beagle Ride Armors and Yamato third generation Valkyries. Supposedly the VF-171 for Bandai too... :unsure:

9 hours ago, jenius said:

If it looks like the cover of the book then it's hard to argue something is off.

Yeah. I'm just venting out since Beagle did the same thing. Atleast Sentinel made an excuse as of the why's. ^_^ 

9 hours ago, recon said:

Hi noel, mr color has only clear blue but not clear smoke. You can try tamiya which has both clear smoke and clear blue for the visor mod

Tamiya.jpg

Hey Recon. Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. I'll do this once I got all the bikes including Yellow's so it's just one passing. ;) 

8 hours ago, tekering said:

Great to hear they've got a Borough Superior in the works!  :D

I got excited too knowing they tease that in the box art. And hope it's not going to take another year for that one. ;) 

8 hours ago, teckno viking said:

I don't have a Beagle one but was under the impression the spare tubes in container, came as standard.

Hopefully someone via shapeway will do the same set up for the Sentinels version.

Who knows, maybe when Sentinel decided to do the anime version, it will come with those extras. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, Tober said:

HLJ has just changed their stock status to 'Discontinued'. Expecting auto-billing in 8 hours. :) / :(

Ouch. I just got robbed again by HLJ for Y40000. And this is just a day after the PF SDF-1. Oh boy. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I honestly don't think I've ever really seen a price difference for tampos. 

True. But like I said, I'm just venting out. ;) 

1 hour ago, captain america said:

Sometimes life is cruel. That's why Rey wears blue... It symbolizes the blue blue rain in his soul. :ph34r:

5ae9d64e21b79_ScreenShot2018-05-02at10_58_20AM.thumb.png.673d2329dd10b92c9adfcb5b64d7b3c0.png

But I want consistency. Hahaha! :lol: 

51 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

question for beagles owners: is the beagle a more sturdy toy than the riobot?

Hey David. I haven't transformed my Sentinel. Will share my opinion once I did. ;) 

2 minutes ago, recon said:

Nobody beats Gakken's. ^_^ 

14 minutes ago, Tober said:

T-REX basically engineer the transforming toys for Sentinel and Arcadia, so I suspect the result would be similar. They also did the Beagle Ride Armors and Yamato third generation Valkyries. Supposedly the VF-171 for Bandai too... :unsure:

Here is to hoping that sentinel would give legoiss fighters a shot or some 3rd party company who does 3rd party transformers

Edited by recon

2 minutes ago, recon said:

Here is to hoping that sentinel would give legoiss fighters a shot or some 3rd party company who does 3rd party transformers

I feel a 3rd party company would have a good chance at making a decent Legoiss. Sentinel hasn't had the best track record with transforming figures. Besides the Ride Armor their other attempts haven't been successful. 

26 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I feel a 3rd party company would have a good chance at making a decent Legoiss. Sentinel hasn't had the best track record with transforming figures. Besides the Ride Armor their other attempts haven't been successful. 

Do agree on that aspect. Anyways i have drop fexthobby aka fanshobby a note as to whether they are willing to give legoiss a shot, seeing the wonderful products that they did for the transformers line

Edited by recon

Works out around 28 to 29 Inches (3ft) when In Battloid mode.

Certainly would be something to behold in any of the forms but fully transformable. Now that Would be something.

22 minutes ago, recon said:

Do agree on that aspect. Anyways i have drop fexthobby aka fanshobby a note as to whether they are willing to give legoiss a shot, seeing the wonderful products that they did for the transformers line

Fanshobby is a great choice. They do the bulky and boxy designs well. Plus their transformers are meant to be played with. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

It can certainly be done, but MOSPEADA isn't nearly as popular a franchise as say, Transformers. Add to that the fact that the MOSPEADA market is quickly becoming saturated and you realize that it may not be a warranted investment ATM.

4 minutes ago, captain america said:

It can certainly be done, but MOSPEADA isn't nearly as popular a franchise as say, Transformers. Add to that the fact that the MOSPEADA market is quickly becoming saturated and you realize that it may not be a warranted investment ATM.

A third party doing MOSPEADA is wishful thinking but I can see them doing a good job. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Recon. Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. I'll do this once I got all the bikes including Yellow's so it's just one passing. ;)  

Just remember that Yellow has a green visor, so you'll need to purchase some Tamiya Clear Green just for him.

. . . Trying to do the visor mod using a paint brush, but having a tough time getting it right.  Have tons of experience painting custom action figures with acrylics, but those experiences and techniques ain't transferring over to the Tamiya clears.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Just remember that Yellow has a green visor, so you'll need to purchase some Tamiya Clear Green just for him.

. . . Trying to do the visor mod using a paint brush, but having a tough time getting it right.  Have tons of experience painting custom action figures with acrylics, but those experiences and techniques ain't transferring over to the Tamiya clears.

Shoot. I forgot Yellow has different color. Thanks Mog! ;)

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Hand painting with Tamiya clears is a very tricky process. You have to thin it a lot more than you would for other colors and apply multiple layers. Even then it can easily go south. Each new layer has the potential to mess up the layer underneath. When that happens there is no choice but to start over.

If you don't have an airbrush I would recommend purchasing the rattle cans before trying to hand paint the clears. They go on nice and easy. Unfortunately they don't have as wide of an array of colors like clear green or yellow.

I put another order of Ley's when it went open again at HLJ a couple of weeks ago. But they just charge me first on my first order just now. I'll wait until the second order shows up on my PW before I'm going to have it shipped. ;)

I would strongly recommend taking the airbrush route. I have painted canopies on model jets with this technique and the results are flawless. Using a paintbrush will result in disaster and you will want to commit seppuku with  that same damn brush. If You can't find the tamiya clear colors, you can always use a GLOSS color of your choice, and thinner say, about 1 part paint and 6 or 7 parts thinner, mix and spray on whatever clear part you want to.

You need to go slowly, building up the coats till you get the desired effect on the visor, lights etc. 

One more thing, can someone please tell me the size of the box the riobot stick comes in? 

Actual toy box that is. 

Thanks and cheers !!

Edited by Pulltoeject

5 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I would strongly recommend taking the airbrush route. I have painted canopies on model jets with this technique and the results are flawless. Using a paintbrush will result in disaster and you will want to commit seppuku with  that same damn brush. If You can't find the tamiya clear colors, you can always use a GLOSS color of your choice, and thinner say, about 1 part paint and 6 or 7 parts thinner, mix and spray on whatever clear part you want to.

You need to go slowly, building up the coats till you get the desired effect on the visor, lights etc. 

One more thing, can someone please tell me the size of the box the riobot stick comes in? 

Actual toy box that is. 

Thanks and cheers !!

Bump