26 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Seeing these figures [Stig] in their play mobiles reminds me of the 80s toys where the characters had vehicles to ride, fly or cruise over water with. Not to mention big to huge play sets to really kickstart the fun. Now we are even lucky to get the figure itself. I'd love it if we got word of some vehicles for these guys, but the reality is that it would cost us the consumer too much to purchase as the companies and manufactures would have to charge a bundle to get these guys underway. The only way I could see us getting anything other than just the character themselves is the companies would have to really dumb down the designs/ize to something like a really cheap Star Wars 3.75" figure and even at that chances seem highly unlikely. Imagine the possibilities at that scale. We could get a ton of vehicles, planes, jets, maybe even the SDF1!

Too much daydreaming, back to reality ;)

Seeing as how the price of a 6" MOSPEADA figure currently hovers at around the $200 mark, even if they scaled a Legioss to 3 3/4" figures, it would likely be more expensive than the market will bear, and that's even if they do a half-assed job.

5 minutes ago, captain america said:

Seeing as how the price of a 6" MOSPEADA figure currently hovers at around the $200 mark, even if they scaled a Legioss to 3 3/4" figures, it would likely be more expensive than the market will bear, and that's even if they do a half-assed job.

Thats what I'm saying. Even if they scaled down and lowered quality if would still be far fetched we would get anything other than the figures themselves. Although it would be the better safer way to go if we wanted more vehicles and such.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I agree with you, and I do honestly also agree that it's a great idea. I just don't want to overstate the actual creativity that went into the final design...

(Let's not forget the Shadow Chronicles VR-057 "Super" Cyclone, which was just a couple minor changes to the VR-055 "Devastator" from the old RPGs, which was itself just unused concept art from Aramaki's work on MOSPEADA).

Very true indeed. Always someone else's spark.

So was there actually concept are for a Mospeada ATV? The the RT Silverback is derived from? Would lover to see that.

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

Did we get a whole bunch of vehicles and play sets? Sorry I didn't collect that line as a kid and hardly recall it now.

CMs MOSPEADA line? It was around 2007-2009 or so.

We did not get any vehicles, other than ride armors, and any playsets. We did, however, get every single significant character (except Jim/Lunk) and even a few not-so-significant ones. It's the only line to date to manage that. Plus, at that scale, they're easily compatible with other vehicles and playsets, if you're so inclined.

(Still bummed we didn't get the 3.75" CMs Zillion Tricharger)

4 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Very true indeed. Always someone else's spark.

So was there actually concept are for a Mospeada ATV? The the RT Silverback is derived from? Would lover to see that.

Not that I recall seeing, though there was Jim's ever-present jeep, and a bunch of others in the concept art. I'd say the silverback was fairly original (as opposed to everything else he seems to have done), it's just that it was a rather generic military-style ATV, with some MOSPEADA wheels/rims stuck on, and a super basic transformation that used legs reminiscent of a bunch of MOSPEADA concept art.

Again, I'm not really criticizing it as much as it probably sounds... It's a decent idea, and generally fits the design aesthetic.

On the topic of concept art, when there were large plans for MOSPEADA model kits at the launch of the series, there was a plan for a motorcycle with a side car (in the Imai files, I believe), but I've never seen a picture of it. Anyone have any idea what it was? A MOSPEADA with a side car rocket launcher maybe, or just Rainy Boy's bike?

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Not that I recall seeing, though there was Jim's ever-present jeep, and a bunch of others in the concept art. I'd say the silverback was fairly original (as opposed to everything else he seems to have done), it's just that it was a rather generic military-style ATV, with some MOSPEADA wheels/rims stuck on, and a super basic transformation that used legs reminiscent of a bunch of MOSPEADA concept art.

Again, I'm not really criticizing it as much as it probably sounds... It's a decent idea, and generally fits the design aesthetic.

On the topic of concept art, when there were large plans for MOSPEADA model kits at the launch of the series, there was a plan for a motorcycle with a side car (in the Imai files, I believe), but I've never seen a picture of it. Anyone have any idea what it was? A MOSPEADA with a side car rocket launcher maybe, or just Rainy Boy's bike?

Ahhh I get you now.

It does state in the RT Shadows RPG it's a large percentage vehicle utilising Cyclone parts. Now if that was intentional or not, makes a lot of sense from a Military standpoint. Most certainly not the first time in reality it's been done lol

We got something positive from RT lol

Had no idea on model kit Mospeada sidecar but have to admit possibly it was Rainy Boy. Now that would still have been nice to see.

I've taken this dash graphics insert as far as I care to for the time being.  I'll likely play with it some more in the future as inspiration strikes, but for now, here's what I have so far in EPS and PDF formats.

Enjoy!    

Sentinel 1-12th Screen and more-Model.pdf

Sentinel 1-12th Screen and more.eps

3 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I've taken this dash graphics insert as far as I care to for the time being.  I'll likely play with it some more in the future as inspiration strikes, but for now, here's what I have so far in EPS and PDF formats.

Enjoy!    

Thank You

7 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Let's not forget the likes of Three Zero have done 1/12 scale mecha from VOTOM & the game TITANFALL.

Yeah around £400 to £500+ a piece but hey shows its possible.

Funny you mention this. I actually have my Stick displayed right next to my Titanfall Ogre mainly because they share the same scale.

Is there any news of the Evolution Toys ZETA Legioss being released? It was scheduled for April... :unsure:

7 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Enjoy!    

Awesome! Thanks. :)

17 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Just as the YF-19 preorder race finished, postman just delivered that Cyclone and other stuff I was expecting.

Wasn't planning on keeping it, but I'm curious and tempted to take a look at the thing. Certainly no transforming, nor taking out of the box, just a look. Even though the pics look o.k, the reviews were really a mixed bag considering the price. I have a fair amount of Cyclones in my collection, and not particularly desperate to add yet another 'so-so' version if I can sell it off and get my money back, and more. Shouldn't have preordered it in the first place, but it's too late for that now, long story mixed up with that Kairos preorder that I have yet to receive)

Has anyone bought a used one yet? Can't find any 'used' specimens to get an idea how/if it'll affect its resale value. If I loose $80 or more just for having opened up that seal, it'll be an expensive glimpse :unsure:

which YF-19 is this??

8 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Enjoy!    

Thanks! This is awesome. :good:;) 

54 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

which YF-19 is this??

It was Bandai’s DX Chogokin. PO opened early Friday morning. 

Edited by no3Ljm

"My name is Stick Bernard.  You killed my fiance.  Prepare to die!!"

DSC_0037.JPG.563b3cd7dcb079add3863fe7d632d0e2.JPGDSC_0038.JPG.c180173606ea4652625dfadd58bbc948.JPG

This was the first Ride Armor I ever purchased.  Will all the moving parts and joints on this, it's definitely fiddly.

While all the ball-and-socket joints can be a pain to deal with (and they do tend to pop off), I'm glad that they chose these types of joints for the arm and hip armor pieces.  Makes me less worried that I might permanently break something (and helps free up the posing options when you pop them off!).

Also you definitely need a pushpin to pull out the back and knee pegs.  There's just no way I would have been able to fish them out with my nail or a toothpick.

Also, thanks ArchieNov for your persistence about Step 16.  If you don't separate that tab from the bottom up, I can see how scary trying to force it would be.

Lastly, am I correct in assuming that the guy who repainted the visor painted from the INSIDE part of the visor, not the outer side, right?

My 2nd Stick finally arrived and a Hefty £40 customs fee :(

Anyway now did a transformation and Yay folded Bike.

As far as transformation goes, I found instructions clear enough and similar to transforming the CM Brave riders (don't have Megahouse or Beagle).

Folding the bike was a little more fun as they don't cover that in the instructions booklet. Used the Sentinel ref photo they released just prior to Stick's release.

20180429_150401.jpg

20180429_150157.jpg

20180429_145226.jpg

20180429_142318.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really dig the moodiness of this one. I feel like you should do silhouette shots for random Valkyries too. B))

-b.

Hmmm. Like a sunset Valkyrie silhouette on a carrier deck you mean? That would be awesome for sure from Saburo. Right, B? ^_^

By the way, great photos, @Saburo! :good:;) 

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm. Like a sunset Valkyrie silhouette on a carrier deck you mean? That would be awesome for sure from Saburo. Right, B? ^_^

Hey Noel! On a carrier deck or in the sky, or even in Battroid standing on a reflective surface like this one.

Accept the challenge @Saburo :p

-b.

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Really dig the moodiness of this one. I feel like you should do silhouette shots for random Valkyries too. B))

-b.

Thanks @Kanedas Bike, I am trying to get the feeling of loneliness in the shot.  I already have silhouette Valkyrie shots in mind.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thank you @no3Ljm! :D

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Hey Noel! On a carrier deck or in the sky, or even in Battroid standing on a reflective surface like this one.

Accept the challenge @Saburo :p

-b.

@Kanedas Bike & @no3Ljm B))

challenge_accepted.jpg.8e4deb90a52ad7187966047bee50507f.jpg

As we know the rider placement of feet make the storage boxes on the side rather difficult.

What if we borrowed from this design from Beagle of the "A" frame the cases attach too and just place side ones higher?

51yhX38RHjL-1.jpg

20 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

As we know the rider placement of feet make the storage boxes on the side rather difficult.

What if we borrowed from this design from Beagle of the "A" frame the cases attach too and just place side ones higher?

51yhX38RHjL-1.jpg

That tubular structure isn't part of the original design, nor is it an element of the modern redesign that I know of. I think I can pull-off something that doesn't need a granny-walker... I'm only wondering if it's even worthwhile to make the saddle-packs hollow, or just leave (the side boxes) as solid one-piece units.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:41 PM, Saburo said:

Cool! Can't wait. ;) Oh, and if you have a chance, please take one photo of the angle I sent you... pretty please. Hehehe. ^_^ 

26 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

51yhX38RHjL-1.jpg

That frame is not from Beagle. It's from the MegaHouse release. ;)

I wonder though, would the heel and some rear part of the leg bump somehow where those cargo boxes rest? It really need to be aligned somehow on the exhaust pipes area just to make it work I guess(?).

E47CCBC3-C714-4652-893C-5B69011FE954.thumb.jpeg.9251480b36106cc35a85f237a6253155.jpeg

2 minutes ago, captain america said:

That tubular structure isn't part of the original design, nor is it an element of the modern redesign that I know of. I think I can pull-off something that doesn't need a granny-walker... I'm only wondering if it's even worthwhile to make the saddle-packs hollow, or just leave (the side boxes) as solid one-piece units.

At that size, I'll be happy with a solid one, Cap'n. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Cool! Can't wait. ;) Oh, and if you have a chance, please take one photo of the angle I sent you... pretty please. Hehehe. ^_^ 

That frame is not from Beagle. It's from the MegaHouse release. ;)

I wonder though, would the heel and some rear part of the leg bump somehow where those cargo boxes rest? It really need to be aligned somehow on the exhaust pipes area just to make it work I guess(?).

E47CCBC3-C714-4652-893C-5B69011FE954.thumb.jpeg.9251480b36106cc35a85f237a6253155.jpeg

At that size, I'll be happy with a solid one, Cap'n. ;) 

Hahaha "Granny walker" I like it!  I get its not accurate however this Mospeada isn't either. Was just thinking out loud.

Be great to make them fit and working lids too. Guess time and R&D is all that's needed and could be a great After market piece upgrade.

I'm sorry i pre ordered so far in advance. Mine will be in The Netherlands in about 2 to 3 weeks. I will be selling it for for the same price i bought it 245 dollars excl shipping. The video's just put me off. I'll be fine with my Beagle ride armor. 

44 minutes ago, Tubes78 said:

I'm sorry i pre ordered so far in advance. Mine will be in The Netherlands in about 2 to 3 weeks. I will be selling it for for the same price i bought it 245 dollars excl shipping. The video's just put me off. I'll be fine with my Beagle ride armor. 

What put you off exactly?

Sorry to be the old sour puss, but in my opinion this does not worth the price of the admission, this is one toy that I regret getting. This is one of those picture perfect item, but once you touch it, things start to fall apart. As a display piece, it's great, but as a toy, it feels like a puzzle that just don't tab in together well. And the rubber tires are loosely fitted, which is not cool.  I have Ray on preordered, which I will let it canceled itself from NY.

52 minutes ago, recon said:

Some minor tweaks done to the helm visor by a guy in toysdaily

IMG_0208_zpsepjcnced.jpg

I love how that visor look. Remind me of the Beagle one. ^_^ Did he sanded off the detail? It doens't show that much now. 

On a side note, I just receive my first one yesterday from HLJ. And I have to say, it's really small to my eye. But I really love how it looks. I haven't transformed it yet. Probably one of these days. ;)

I would trade CM Brave for Sentinels.

Have to say though CM are fiddly to transform. They are Nice though for 1/18 scale.

Edited by teckno viking

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

What put you off exactly?

The build quality and things popping off. Looking at the size and the price it's just not worth it to me. I love Mospeada to me but this thing has left a sour taste in my mouth before I even received it. A shame really because I was exited for this thing. The 245 dollar price tag just hurts at this point.

Edited by Tubes78