Just now, mechaninac said:

To all interested parties:  I won't be printing these out except for myself; however, how about I upload the file here so that folks can run copies on their own printers?  I've made this in AutoCAD so I can export it to a number of different formats (TIFF, BMP, EPS, PDF, etc.); please let me know what would work best for everyone so I can make it available... once I've tweaked them a smidgen for better separation of graphic elements and improved fit in the toy.

Also, any ideas on what should go in the blank box bellow the main graphics (the one the goes into the "tank's" recess)? 

Cheer!:drinks:

That would be fantastic and thank you.

As for the blanks. On A, B why not a digital read of Speed? Maybe one 85mph and one 0mph for those static shots.

How about one of them being a comms related bar/box? Signal strength display or GPS display?

28 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

is someone here going to do that visor mod... or contact the guy who did it and find out, somehow

The pics are fairly obvious: wipe the silver backing from inside the helmet with rubbing alcohol, then airbrush a mixture of clear blue + smoke to the top.

Mechaniac: in so much as the recessed gray area below the dash (if that's indeed what you're talkig about) needs to slide into the tank when transforming, it may not be a good idea to put a sticker there.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

B looks nice to me!

And for those wanting to mod their helmets...

I'm doing this the second I get home. I may good honestly just go ahead and and take the texture off too. That looks fantastic.

Edited by Kuma Style
Typo

I personally like the texture/design, just want it more subtler like the original production pics we saw, and this mod seems to bring it back into that realm

Well doing something New for my 1/12 Mospeada.

The thing is I am taking from the Robotech universe, more accurately the RT Shadow saga. 

I saw in the prelude comics the "Silverback" and thought what an awesome idea. HG actually executed something Awesome. That I wanted.

Well luck would have it in my 1/12 Motorpool I have an RC vehicle that actually could be base vehicle.

Remodel the bonnet (hood to Americans), new hubs and weapon attachments and slap a turret on the Back and voila a Silverback!

Which will still be RC too LOL

20180427_102937-1.jpg

20180427_100355-1.jpg

20180427_095241-1.jpg

20180427_095345-1.jpg

Just as the YF-19 preorder race finished, postman just delivered that Cyclone and other stuff I was expecting.

Wasn't planning on keeping it, but I'm curious and tempted to take a look at the thing. Certainly no transforming, nor taking out of the box, just a look. Even though the pics look o.k, the reviews were really a mixed bag considering the price. I have a fair amount of Cyclones in my collection, and not particularly desperate to add yet another 'so-so' version if I can sell it off and get my money back, and more. Shouldn't have preordered it in the first place, but it's too late for that now, long story mixed up with that Kairos preorder that I have yet to receive)

Has anyone bought a used one yet? Can't find any 'used' specimens to get an idea how/if it'll affect its resale value. If I loose $80 or more just for having opened up that seal, it'll be an expensive glimpse :unsure:

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Just as the YF-19 preorder race finished, postman just delivered that Cyclone and other stuff I was expecting.

Wasn't planning on keeping it, but I'm curious and tempted to take a look at the thing. Certainly no transforming, nor taking out of the box, just a look. Even though the pics look o.k, the reviews were really a mixed bag considering the price. I have a fair amount of Cyclones in my collection, and not particularly desperate to add yet another 'so-so' version if I can sell it off and get my money back, and more. Shouldn't have preordered it in the first place, but it's too late for that now, long story mixed up with that Kairos preorder that I have yet to receive)

Has anyone bought a used one yet? Can't find any 'used' specimens to get an idea how/if it'll affect its resale value. If I loose $80 or more just for having opened up that seal, it'll be an expensive glimpse :unsure:

If you decide to sell your Stick MOSPEADA, I'll take it. Like with most figures, if you break the seal it will affect the value.

3 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Even the used ones are going for retail+ on Ebay.

This thread is a constant reminder of Beagle's crappy luck.  If they hadn't had the misfortune of releasing their ride armor just as the biggest recession since The Depression was beginning, we'd have a full set of great looking Cyclones.  The scarcity and price of available units for the two releases that did make it to consumer's hands shows that demand is/was there.....timing wasn't. Hard to blame people for passing on picking the Beagle up when they weren't sure if they were going to have a job or lose their house, but still a shame.

9 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Well doing something New for my 1/12 Mospeada.

The thing is I am taking from the Robotech universe, more accurately the RT Shadow saga. 

I saw in the prelude comics the "Silverback" and thought what an awesome idea. HG actually executed something Awesome. That I wanted.

Well luck would have it in my 1/12 Motorpool I have an RC vehicle that actually could be base vehicle.

Remodel the bonnet (hood to Americans), new hubs and weapon attachments and slap a turret on the Back and voila a Silverback!

Which will still be RC too LOL

20180427_102937-1.jpg

20180427_100355-1.jpg

20180427_095241-1.jpg

20180427_095345-1.jpg

I think that this image is the closest that Tommy Yune has come to designing anything original of any value (i.e. a buggy with basic, simple transformation, and borrowing heavily from MOSPEADA concept art):

2010_0524_1.jpg

Just now, RavenHawk said:

I think that this image is the closest that Tommy Yune has come to designing anything original of any value (i.e. a buggy with basic, simple transformation, and borrowing heavily from MOSPEADA concept art):

2010_0524_1.jpg

Totally agree. Though kind of a great idea still. Moreso when you think Special Forces are using buggies like this now. Nice for a Mospeada twist, even if from the RT universe (for a change lol).

1 minute ago, teckno viking said:

Totally agree. Though kind of a great idea still. Moreso when you think Special Forces are using buggies like this now. Nice for a Mospeada twist, even if from the RT universe (for a change lol).

I agree with you, and I do honestly also agree that it's a great idea. I just don't want to overstate the actual creativity that went into the final design...

(Let's not forget the Shadow Chronicles VR-057 "Super" Cyclone, which was just a couple minor changes to the VR-055 "Devastator" from the old RPGs, which was itself just unused concept art from Aramaki's work on MOSPEADA).

Seeing these figures [Stig] in their play mobiles reminds me of the 80s toys where the characters had vehicles to ride, fly or cruise over water with. Not to mention big to huge play sets to really kickstart the fun. Now we are even lucky to get the figure itself. I'd love it if we got word of some vehicles for these guys, but the reality is that it would cost us the consumer too much to purchase as the companies and manufactures would have to charge a bundle to get these guys underway. The only way I could see us getting anything other than just the character themselves is the companies would have to really dumb down the designs/ize to something like a really cheap Star Wars 3.75" figure and even at that chances seem highly unlikely. Imagine the possibilities at that scale. We could get a ton of vehicles, planes, jets, maybe even the SDF1!

Too much daydreaming, back to reality ;)

13 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Seeing these figures [Stig] in their play mobiles reminds me of the 80s toys where the characters had vehicles to ride, fly or cruise over water with. Not to mention big to huge play sets to really kickstart the fun. Now we are even lucky to get the figure itself. I'd love it if we got word of some vehicles for these guys, but the reality is that it would cost us the consumer too much to purchase as the companies and manufactures would have to charge a bundle to get these guys underway. The only way I could see us getting anything other than just the character themselves is the companies would have to really dumb down the designs/ize to something like a really cheap Star Wars 3.75" figure and even at that chances seem highly unlikely. Imagine the possibilities at that scale. We could get a ton of vehicles, planes, jets, maybe even the SDF1!

It's not too late to go back, sir. ^_^

20 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

That was the scale of the CM's.