6 hours ago, technoblue said:

I was on the fence for these two, but the discussion in this thread pushed me over the edge.

As a thank you to everyone at MW for enabling, I would like to give back. ;)

You can still find Rey and Stig for sale at PlanetSteel Express:

http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/riobot/

Is this site legit?......anyone has a bad experience with them?

48 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Is this site legit?......anyone has a bad experience with them?

The site is legit.  When I was buying 3rd party transformers, this was the place I went to get most of the Mastermind Creations Feral Rex (PredaKing)

They had FREE international shipping when they started too.  They're suppose to be in close connection with Mastermind Creations too.

The site is legit. I bought tons of stuff from them. Customer support is also very responsive and helpful.

They also provided me with free replacement parts but this is probably for 3rd party Transformers only given their close relationship with MMC.

[edit:] I also ordered the Flame Toys Drift from them which arrived today in pristine condition at least box wise. 

Edited by Scyla

Hey Just thought.

Anyone planning to do a run of Storage boxes we can add to the bikes?

Working lids too. Surely one of you 3d printer Gurus have something underway??

I am sure away can be made to attach to these bikes (even if it's hidden magnets?).

I would certainly be down for a few sets.

images.jpg

Edited by teckno viking

For the people who already have theirs is the transformation really as frustrating as that video makes it look?  Or is this a case like with video game journalists where the least qualified to demonstrate how to do something make fools of themselves on camera and you wonder why they're the ones shooting the video.

I'll say on my end between the piece being "fiddly" and the instructions looking very... hard? I'm really afraid to even attempt the transformation at this point. I hate sounding negative but it's a piece to where it feels like something is just prone to break.

Also, the left shin gaurd with the "MB" on it keeps falling off. The other one is fine. I don't know if I should add a bit of polish to that ball joint or just glue it. It doesn't seem like there's any actual movement in that part anyways.

5-183.png

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

For the people who already have theirs is the transformation really as frustrating as that video makes it look?  Or is this a case like with video game journalists where the least qualified to demonstrate how to do something make fools of themselves on camera and you wonder why they're the ones shooting the video.

The figure has so many tiny, thin armatures.. some that look like they're only a couple of millimeters thick.. and many of them are required to rotate, turn, to withstand torque essentially. That's what scares me so much. Even with experience, I feel as though I'm always going to be just one wrong move away from having a very expensive, broken figure. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that the toy isn't as fragile as it appears to be.

Slow and steady with this one.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I found the transformation considerably quicker and easier than expected, actually.

My right shin guard keeps falling off, though.  ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll give it a try today, then.

In this day and age, why aren't these companies saving themselves a ton of paper and trouble and just making transformation videos for these toys themselves and throwing them up on YouTube?  Given that they designed the thing, I would think it's not that hard for them to take a video of one of the designers doing a transformation.  I would think they probably do a transformation anyway as part of a QC check.  All these products that used to require instruction booklets with drawings and stuff to use -- companies should just have YouTube channels to document this stuff.

Edited by SuperSenpai

17 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

WHY did they not make it that you can store the extra parts in the base :(

Pretty sure all the money went into engineering the figure. Kuma's right about the stand, too. It's the same one that came with Sentinel's Detonator Orgun several years back, which is currently sitting on my shelf.

5 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Hey Just thought.

Anyone planning to do a run of Storage boxes we can add to the bikes?

Working lids too. Surely one of you 3d printer Gurus have something underway??

I am sure away can be made to attach to these bikes (even if it's hidden magnets?).

I would certainly be down for a few sets.

images.jpg

I have a feeling the one for the rear is doable. But the other two for the sides, I think it's not going to work. Remember the foot rest is way back on the side skirt armors on the bike. So there's no place to attach the side boxes with.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I have a feeling the one for the rear is doable. But the other two for the sides, I think it's not going to work. Remember the foot rest is way back on the side skirt armors on the bike. So there's no place to attach the side boxes with.

Bugger forgot about that.  Guess wait till mine are in hand for a better appraisal of the situation.

2 hours ago, Drad said:

The figure has so many tiny, thin armatures.. some that look like they're only a couple of millimeters thick.. and many of them are required to rotate, turn, to withstand torque essentially. That's what scares me so much. Even with experience, I feel as though I'm always going to be just one wrong move away from having a very expensive, broken figure. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that the toy isn't as fragile as it appears to be.

Slow and steady with this one.

I thought when this was announced we had many pro Sentinel fans stating how good a job they have done with other figures.

Finger crossed it's just new wary apprehension.  After all many Bitch ed and attacked CM Brave riders when first started appearing. I have never had issues with mine. So hoping the same.

5 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Bugger forgot about that.  Guess wait till mine are in hand for a better appraisal of the situation.

Yeah, like Jenius said, you can attach it to the muffler's side.

Here's a side profile pic with the rider on for visualization.

E47CCBC3-C714-4652-893C-5B69011FE954.jpeg

2 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

I thought when this was announced we had many pro Sentinel fans stating how good a job they have done with other figures.

Finger crossed it's just new wary apprehension.  After all many Bitch ed and attacked CM Brave riders when first started appearing. I have never had issues with mine. So hoping the same.

I literally am completing on most of Sentinel's main lines and can say that in general they make "designer" pieces that are a lot more fragile and less user friendly than other diecast brands. This is one of the worst I've owned in that area.

1 minute ago, Kuma Style said:

I literally am completing on most of Sentinel's main lines and can say that in general they make "designer" pieces that are a lot more fragile and less user friendly than other diecast brands. This is one of the worst I've owned in that area.

Does this vary on what line they make? I mean, I don't have their Iron Man line. It does look nice. And from what I've heard it's a solid build. If you don't mind my asking, what's the main line you're trying to complete and does it compare to the Iron Man stuff?

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Does this vary on what line they make? I mean, I don't have their Iron Man line. It does look nice. And from what I've heard it's a solid build. If you don't mind my asking, what's the main line you're trying to complete and does it compare to the Iron Man stuff?

I own 100% of their Riobot, Re:Edit, Metamor-Force, and xT-Rex lines as well as all of their partner produced Truforce ,Flame Toys TF, and Armarauders stuff.

Their Re: Edit Iron man stuff is pretty nice in terms of frame and engineering. Their biggest q.c. issue to me is the "armor" on them.  Very thin plastic with paint that isn't sealed/protected well and glued on fairly poorly. I remember my Red x Gold coming with straight up fingerprints embedded into the gold paint on the thighs. In general they're fun and I think the biggest thing most would have to worry about is armor pieces just plain falling off which you can just glue back on.

Edit: Forgot to touch on the variance question and yes, I've found that the metamor-force and xT-Rex pieces are much better than the rest while I'd say the Iron Man and Tatsunoko Fighting heros are mid tier and Riobot is the most fragile and q.c. prone.

Edited by Kuma Style

5 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I own 100% of their Riobot, Re:Edit, Metamor-Force, and xT-Rex lines as well as all of their partner produced Truforce ,Flame Toys TF, and Armarauders stuff.

Their Re: Edit Iron man stuff is pretty nice in terms of frame and engineering. Their biggest q.c. issue to me is the "armor" on them.  Very thin plastic with paint that isn't sealed/protected well and glued on fairly poorly. I remember my Red x Gold coming with straight up fingerprints embedded into the gold paint on the thighs. In general they're fun and I think the biggest thing most would have to worry about is armor pieces just plain falling off which you can just glue back on.

I see. Thanks for the insight. Really appreciate it. ;) 

Now it's clear why you said this is one of the worst you owned. It made me scared now on their Mospeada figures. I guess, that's why I bought two so I don't need to keep on transforming them. Hehehe. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, captain america said:

I decided to wait until the first examples landed to see whether this was a good purchase or not. If there's a second run or if someone decides to part with theirs, I may just pick it up. Based on what I can see, the storage containers and alternate weapons should be a piece of cake to do.

Bazooka included? :rolleyes:

I look forward to Cap’s creation!

got mine and here’s a quick pic with the (grasp) Toynami and ET Legioss. 

aVVfwwFh.jpg

This guy looks really good! Lots of falling bits. I’ve only put him on the bike so far and I’ve already managed to twist of his head, his top torso, his shoulder pad, and his ankle guard multiple times. Looks really good though. 

Edited by locidm