21 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

still no video review up as yet....

There is now. Not just one, but two videos. One in chinese. One transformation video with just music. ;)

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

I really can’t seem to separate the lock. I don’t know if I’m supposed to press something to release it but it just won’t budge. The amount of force I’m using is starting to cause the other parts to split at the seams. I need help. 

Hey Archie. Check the transformation video above around 24:10. I think that's the one you're referring to.

Edited by no3Ljm

Are these guys worth getting two of each? I have 3 preorders (two of Stig and 1 Rei) and I'm not sure if I should get 1 of each or 2.

Thoughts, opinions?

I think a big draw back is that I'm a bit late to the Macross figures and have been playing catching on a few guys and have spent or could potentially spend $1000 alone not including Mospeada stuff and other guys I picked up or plan to pick up from TF MP.

Edited by RED WOLF

2 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Are these guys worth getting two of each? I have 3 preorders (two of Stig and 1 Rei) and I'm not sure if I should get 1 of each or 2.

Thoughts, opinions?

If I have extra money to spend, I'll get 2 of each to display both modes.

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Are you getting two of each this time?

Like I said earlier, if I have extra money. Hehehe. Some part of my budget is going to the Premium Finish SDF-1. So even if I wanted two of each, I can't right now.

If they're going to be still available by next month within the MSRP price range esp Stick, I'll get my second. ^_^ 

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

There is now. Not just one, but two videos. One in chinese. One transformation video with just music. ;)

Hey Archie. Check the transformation video above around 24:10. I think that's the one you're referring to.

Ah yes the return of the drunk octopus transformation. I'm going to have to take my sweet time with this one just like the Beagle. 

31 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I was on the fence for these two, but the discussion in this thread pushed me over the edge.

As a thank you to everyone at MW for enabling, I would like to give back. ;)

You can still find Rey and Stig for sale at PlanetSteel Express:

http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/riobot/

Oh, technoblue. You just made me bought a second copy for MSRP. Hahaha! :lol:

2 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Thoughts, opinions?

I think a big draw back is that I'm a bit late to the Macross figures and have been playing catching on a few guys and have spent or could potentially spend $1000 alone not including Mospeada stuff and other guys I picked up or plan to pick up from TF MP.

Haven't gotten mine in hand yet, so my opinion is based purely on the pictures, but I have two of each on order. I love to keep things stock, so plan on keeping one of each as is, plus they have enough little details that aren't 100% to my personal tastes, where I'm going to customize those.

Besides, you can always auction one off later, while supporting the line with your purchase now.

2 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Yeah that price is great! I checked that website like 8x and when I finally find a pre order another jumps up way cheaper lol

Well, it would be helpful how cheap preorder is that since you already placed your order. :lol:

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Besides, you can always auction one off later, while supporting the line with your purchase now.

This is what I'm thinking too. I'll probably sell my duplicates if Sentinel decides to do the anime version next. ^_^ 

Just now, RED WOLF said:

I see you ordered your second STIG. What happened to next month haha :)

I know. But it's still MSRP so I'll just decide afterwards what to do with it if I become short on funds. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm sitting here with it unboxed just waiting to take it out of the clamshell and the presentation is fantastic.  I've seen some comparison pics but it's still bigger than I thought in hand. I think post review I'll definitely be doing the paint removal from behind his face plate. Hoping Rei ships pretty soon into May.

46 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I'm sitting here with it unboxed just waiting to take it out of the clamshell and the presentation is fantastic.  I've seen some comparison pics but it's still bigger than I thought in hand. I think post review I'll definitely be doing the paint removal from behind his face plate. Hoping Rei ships pretty soon into May.

Just got the release date change email from NY, pushed back to May 31.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks, no3Ljm. I watched that section and it looks like he edited the actual part when he separated the lock. You’ll notice a cut, and then next thing you know, the part is already loose and free. I’m guessing he had difficulty with it too and just did it off camera. Sigh, it still doesn’t help me much, but thanks for trying.

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey b, did you get Stick and Rey? and how many of each?

Yooo

Only (1) Stick which will arrive tomorrow, I didn't pre-order Ray\Rey\Rei since I wanted to see how the first release was. If all goes well I'll grab an order for Ray.

My days of multiple copies are pretty much done, only on rare occasion do I even try (looking at you 31A <_<).

-b.

After watching that transformation video, I'm considering getting a second one just so I don't have to go through the process again. Whew! Probably better for the figure's longevity as well. So many tiny, thin armatures. Scary.