10 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

D4 toys has pre-orders still of the Sentinel Stig figure for 166.50 USD

Worth ordering it? or should i wait for nippon-yasan?

I’m not familiar with D4 Toys. This is the first time I heard of this. I checked their policy page and they claim they’re subgroup under Sen-ti-nel. And they do have a good preorder price.

Better wait for someone who has experience ordering from them. If not, it’s either you wait for other known online shop to have restock by January or gamble and preorder one with D4. Let’s hope they accept Paypal so you have 180 days protection. 

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Let’s hope they accept Paypal so you have 180 days protection. 

uh, sorry for being a bit behind the curve... but what do you mean by this?

I ran through the order and for me with shipping its going to come to $245 with shiping through fedex

Edited by Snake Eyes

21 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

D4 toys has pre-orders still of the Sentinel Stig figure for 166.50 USD

Worth ordering it? or should i wait for nippon-yasan?

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m not familiar with D4 Toys. This is the first time I heard of this. I checked their policy page and they claim they’re subgroup under Sen-ti-nel. And they do have a good preorder price.

Better wait for someone who has experience ordering from them. If not, it’s either you wait for other known online shop to have restock by January or gamble and preorder one with D4. Let’s hope they accept Paypal so you have 180 days protection. 

D4 is legit, as Noel said they are the web-store for Sen-ti-Nel, the prices are always good but the shipping is the killer. I'd recommend waiting for N-Y, HLJ, AmiAmi or your usual preferred store to save money on shipping costs.

-b.

On 12/24/2017 at 9:13 AM, tekering said:

Sorry, it never occurred to me that a Bubblegum Crisis fan such as yourself wouldn't already have them...  

It's not like there's a lot of competing BGC product, after all.  :p

It's a glass table I bought from a second-hand furniture shop a few years back:

The background is just a large sheet of "Ultra White" photography studio paper.

I know, I know... but I keep my collection reasonable by restricting it to transforming bikes (and Shinji Aramaki designs). The hard suits have been on the "appreciate but don't by unless they come with a bike"... until now.

On 12/25/2017 at 2:37 AM, Snake Eyes said:

NO NO NO!!! I cant believe this!

I was late coming to the Beagle/toynami party and could never find one at a decent price and now I'm late AGAIN!!! NOOOOOO! :(:(
Pre orders all over seem to be closed and with that orders even. I Must get my hands on a Stig... it seems like I can get one from BBTS, but never ordered from them, how is their service? and shipping? bare in mind that im in South Africa (yes yes, ass end of the planet) or does anyone have a spare that they ordered that wouldn't mind helping a poor soul out.

on another note, there are only 2 things that bug me about the "re-imagining" of the mospeada...
1. the fact that stig does not have his targeting computer, I'm pretty sure it would have been very easy to add it but then again that depends on how much space there is in the chest cavity, it they wanted it to not be a clip on as a extra loose piece

2. someone mentioned it earlier, the fact that there is a mud guard only on the front wheel. again, one could have easily been added for the rear as well and would have looked awesome and balanced. could have even been a full hugger type or a tacked on type like the BMW R nine T has, with maybe making it a bit bigger than that to match the one on the front

I was the one who had brought up the mud guard before. I know it isn't there on the MOSPEADA book art, but I wish it was. I've pre-ordered two of each bike, and will probably 3d print a mudguard for 1 of each.

As for BBTS, I haven't ordered from them since the last big MOSPEADA rush a decade ago, but have my Sentinel preorders in with them currently. They treated me well in the past.

Picked up my ET Legioss from the Post Office this morning. Only spent 5 minutes messing with it in fighter mode.

It has more weight than I expected. Locks surprisingly well in fighter mode. Plastic seems similar but not as thick as the CM's Legioss. It has a semigloss finish and the paint looks well applied.

It's the best Legioss out there in the looks departament (this is my subjective opinion). Legs sticking out far back is this mode worst offender.

Will take proper pics and do a review when I get home.

20171227_123558.jpg

20171227_123620.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

OK.. crunched a few numbers.

ZAR (R) = South African rands

Heres the breakdown with shipping costs to South Africa

Nippon-Yasan
============

17,980 JPY + 13,300 JPY (shipping)
R1,947.95  + R1,461.22
============
R3409,17 ZAR

BBTS
======

$199.99   + $37.49
R2,453.72 + R459.973
============
R2913,69 ZAR

D4 toys
=======

$166.50    + $79.00
R2,042.82  + R969.265
=================
R3012.08 ZAR

Skipped on the new Ridearmors in favor of Arcadia's Garland. I'm happy with my Beagles and I've wanted a solid classic Garland since Yamato's poor attempt from back then. As for the Legioss, is good to see the toy industry finally getting the looks right, but I'm not investing on another half assed line of Legiosses. I'll just keep waiting for the right ones to come.

29 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

OK.. crunched a few numbers.

ZAR (R) = South African rands

Heres the breakdown with shipping costs to South Africa

Nippon-Yasan
============

17,980 JPY + 13,300 JPY (shipping)
R1,947.95  + R1,461.22
============
R3409,17 ZAR

BBTS
======

$199.99   + $37.49
R2,453.72 + R459.973
============
R2913,69 ZAR

D4 toys
=======

$166.50    + $79.00
R2,042.82  + R969.265
=================
R3012.08 ZAR

Curious. Which shipping method you choose for this computation?

I just checked D4 site and somehow it only offers FedEx option for US residents. And the total cost ends up somehow close/or $10 more compared to other online stores.

Yes, the PO price is great but the shipping cost will kill you. Actually the dollar price posted on their site is close to HLJ’s dollar price for PO. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

I received mine today. The toys looks great in soldier mode. The use of pegs is a very bad idea.

As for the reaer landing gear, I almost broke it.

The toy is light :( and the blue color is a bit darker than the Gakken.

Here you can compare from left to right : EVO , Ayoshima, and the old GAKKEN.

I added some grease on most sliding parts to reduce stress on the plastic.

Overall this toy is great but expensive, with mistakes on the design that could be avoided very easily, and for cheap !

Here you can compare from left to right : EVO, Ayoshima, and the old and great GAKKEN.

ok1.jpg

ok2.jpg

ok3.jpg

5 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Skipped on the new Ridearmors in favor of Arcadia's Garland. I'm happy with my Beagles and I've wanted a solid classic Garland since Yamato's poor attempt from back then. As for the Legioss, is good to see the toy industry finally getting the looks right, but I'm not investing on another half assed line of Legiosses. I'll just keep waiting for the right ones to come.

What? I was sure that you'd be on for new ride armors!

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Anyone have success gluing Toynami MPCs? I have to try to put one back together....

I had to glue my red one after it's first transformation. The chest part was split in half.

I used superglue and now it stands solidly in Soldier mode. I haven't tried to transform it again, though

10 hours ago, manfred17 said:

I received mine today. The toys looks great in soldier mode. The use of pegs is a very bad idea.

As for the reaer landing gear, I almost broke it.

The toy is light :( and the blue color is a bit darker than the Gakken.

Here you can compare from left to right : EVO , Ayoshima, and the old GAKKEN.

I added some grease on most sliding parts to reduce stress on the plastic.

Overall this toy is great but expensive, with mistakes on the design that could be avoided very easily, and for cheap !

Here you can compare from left to right : EVO, Ayoshima, and the old and great GAKKEN.

ok1.jpg

ok2.jpg

ok3.jpg

I look at the Gakken and still can't figure out why people praise it so much. It looks like a gorilla with massive arms and small feet, and the paint scheme is entirely wrong

Because the Gakken is bulletproof and massive fun to play with. It has crap proportions and the arms don’t lock into place in fighter mode, among other things, but it doesn’t flop about and it never feels like a breath will destroy it. 

It's a chunk monkey, like the 1/55 VF-1 toys. It's big and intimidating but yeah, not the most anime accurate. Joints slide smoothly though and stay where you want them and there are ratchets. It's just amazing that it got so many things right back then that manufacturers struggle with today.

38 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

But I've read many time that it's the most perfect version of the Legioss, but to me it just looks like a Gorilla 

I think that opinion is usually held with an understanding of the era it was made.  Given that, and considering the advantages and modern aesthetics that current toy makers have to work with, you'd think that they'd produce something light years beyond the Gakken toy, in the same way that the Arcadia/Yamato VF-1 is light years beyond the chunky monkey.  Nope.  Instead you get toys that look somewhat better than the Gakken (and even that might be debatable if you're talking about something like the CM Legioss) and nowhere near the sturdiness and overall quality.  Imagine if the best VF-1 toy that manufacturers could make today was something like the Toynami MPC Veritechs or the Yamato VF-1 V1 toys, but with even worse build quality.  If those are being compared, I would give the title of "best VF-1" to the chunky monkey easily.

You really do have to handle the 1/35 Gakken to understand why it's held in such high revere. Like the 1/55 VF-1, it is an extremely well-engineered toy with an excellent build quality. The joints are fluid and everything about it has a great tactile feel. Like the others have said, when judging its appearance it deserves to be appreciated within the context of its era.

29 minutes ago, captain america said:

Which is what these collector toys are all about: looks and detail over sturdiness.

That broadly true.  I don't "play" with my toys either.  But I think it's a fair expectation that even collector toys should (especially if they are transformable) have a minimum level of sturdiness and ability to be handled.  They definitely shouldn't come broken out of the box, or fall apart with minimal handling, or have parts disintegrate after a few years -- flaws that most of the recent Legioss toys have all suffered from.  The Arcadia/Yamato VF-1 is definitely a collector toy and I wouldn't handle it like I would a chunky monkey... but it withstands transformation and handling reasonably well for a collector toy.  What's the point of having an articulated, transformable toy that you can barely handle?  You might as well buy a statue or a non-articulated model kit.

For sure, there hasn't been a Legioss that holds muster against what we've seen for other franchises. Even HMR toys blow away the efforts we've seen for the Legioss and they're very small scale. We'll have to petition Sentinel if the Ride Armor is enjoyable.

58 minutes ago, jenius said:

For sure, there hasn't been a Legioss that holds muster against what we've seen for other franchises. Even HMR toys blow away the efforts we've seen for the Legioss and they're very small scale. We'll have to petition Sentinel if the Ride Armor is enjoyable.

honestly i hope bandai somehow gets the license and does them in dx chogokin treatment. i'd prefer arcadia's treatment but then they'd cost as much or more as the EVO toys ones and would slow down their macross releases.   An HMR sized toy would be too close in size to the toynami and cm ones i own.  i haven't picked up the toynamis in years but i wish someone would make or sell hand replacements so that i could handle them again (too scared otherwise) and pretend like they're good enough (the betas/tlead are good enough for me btw)...i didn't feel like the rest of the toys would fall apart (at least on my copies) otherwise until i read about yours recently.  I'm sure Sentinel is capable too but their pricing is on the higher side as well.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

honestly i hope bandai somehow gets the license and does them in dx chogokin treatment. i'd prefer arcadia's treatment but then they'd cost as much or more as the EVO toys ones and would slow down their macross releases.   An HMR sized toy would be too close in size to the toynami and cm ones i own.  i haven't picked up the toynamis in years but i wish someone would make or sell hand replacements so that i could handle them again (too scared otherwise) and pretend like they're good enough (the betas/tlead are good enough for me btw)...i didn't feel like the rest of the toys would fall apart (at least on my copies) otherwise until i read about yours recently.  I'm sure Sentinel is capable too but their pricing is on the higher side as well.

I bought alternative hands for my Toynamis on Shapeways. Now they can hold the gun again

On 12/20/2017 at 2:44 PM, tekering said:

I've preordered mine from Amazon.jp.

Is there a way to order from Amazon Japan without having a Japanese address? Last time I tried, I was required to have a Japanese address.

1 hour ago, Drad said:

Is there a way to order from Amazon Japan without having a Japanese address? Last time I tried, I was required to have a Japanese address.

Try to use proxy for items that only restricted to local delivery (Japan address only). But for items that it can be delivered international, your US address is fine. 

Hope these helps. 

Edited by no3Ljm