1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so this is probably old news but the evo toys legioss preorders seem to be completely sold out?!  dang,  my wait and see approach might be backfiring. haha

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened with the VF-2SS and it was still available at most online resellers after release. 

Unless Evo Toys drastically reduced the production numbers this time that is ^^ ...

1 hour ago, Frogze said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. If I'm not mistaken the same thing happened with the VF-2SS and it was still available at most online resellers after release. 

Unless Evo Toys drastically reduced the production numbers this time that is ^^ ...

good to know!

On 7/10/2017 at 3:11 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Segment 5 of the Legioss draws some blood: 

*snip*

Hey Ignacio. Hope you're ok now. Looking forward to your build. ;)

Back to topic. It's WonderFest season once again. You guys think we will see new photos of Legioss before it gets release end of this month?

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Ignacio. Hope you're ok now. Looking forward to your build. ;)

Back to topic. It's WonderFest season once again. You guys think we will see new photos of Legioss before it gets release end of this month?

Wonderfest will be on at the same time as the Legioss' release date - end of month. There could well be some magazine pics prior, but I doubt anything substantially new or revealing. Maybe there will be repaints, or a Tread announced - the former is almost a given, the Tread is almost wishful thinking, it would be massive.

Of course it's the Riobot MOSPEADA I'm far more interested in seeing updates on.

SAVE! Why have you forsaken us... :( 

1 hour ago, Tober said:

Wonderfest will be on at the same time as the Legioss' release date - end of month. There could well be some magazine pics prior, but I doubt anything substantially new or revealing. Maybe there will be repaints, or a Tread announced - the former is almost a given, the Tread is almost wishful thinking, it would be massive.

Of course it's the Riobot MOSPEADA I'm far more interested in seeing updates on.

SAVE! Why have you forsaken us... :( 

Oh yes! I'm ready for that one. :yahoo: 

18 hours ago, captain america said:

Duuude!! Why are you taking a pic when you should be putting a compress on that-- stat! Hope it doesn't need stitches... :huh:

And FYI, I never require blood sacrifices: simple payment will suffice. ^_^

No stitches needed;)

Will post some progress pics soon.

Looks like my Pinky Space Crab will be arriving any day now...  Glad I finished my Legioss Zeta model before I got distracted by the Gurab.  ^_^

Here are some pics of the finished Armo-Fighter:

596873c54d9f2_TheLegiossZeta.thumb.jpg.2d7ba4dbfdb8ed5b4aa9a33f769171e8.jpg

I inscribed some additional panel lines where parts would separate for transformation -- the arms, for instance -- and outlined them in black to make them the most visible.

above.thumb.jpg.746fae144dfd0ed33c3194100bb10279.jpg

I also hollowed out the feet to match the look of the engines in the line art.

5968744538d00_three-quartersrear.thumb.jpg.c93ad7dae0378bd56e4c24eaa6850379.jpg

Some of the decals are a little dated, but they adhere beautifully to the surface and really complete the look of the model.

vintage_decals.thumb.jpg.726d6c1b8ef489ffbcc30d899a31dfdc.jpg

The landing gear isn't particularly accurate, and looks a little large...

59687617c4676_landinggear.thumb.jpg.148376bb9640f6ed20e10fed1f7a7866.jpg

...but that could simply be because I'm used to the toys, with their retractable gear that doesn't even reach the ground.  :unsure:

underside.thumb.jpg.165ac270ac0473a2800086fe83c5cc80.jpg

The stock kit was missing some Armo-Soldier detail -- the thighs, for example -- and didn't give the impression of a transformable robot, so I hollowed out some sections of the underside:

new_holes.thumb.jpg.daa84d670504ecfc605e4c8a4203262a.jpg

I then made thighs to install between the intakes and the legs.

thighs.thumb.jpg.a7c0ea692dc16a260d4c312b2fcc1318.jpg

Now, at least, it looks like it could transform.

underside_painted.thumb.jpg.43bde8fb99ca999f7e013c16888d2c9b.jpg

With the right lighting, you can make out the turbines behind the jet intakes, too.

intakes.thumb.jpg.384c11684da5bdb90d68d8a1542c53fb.jpg

Some of the Imai decals were a little large, so I opted to use Wave's instead:

underside_markings.thumb.jpg.cc2e14853ab9ff60806029d0d2852bee.jpg

Here's a Photoshop-enhanced Hidetaka Tenjin-style shot.  B))

armo-fighter.thumb.jpg.de558bbca7183060d3a097d4d6aa6d15.jpg

The pilot's visible in the cockpit, but I'm not sure it reads as Houquet...

houquet.thumb.jpg.e7f38b6e2c1a75a3aa90043d40ac5bb1.jpg

I did my best to re-sculpt and paint her to look more feminine, since Imai's figure was just a generic male pilot.

Hopefully, I'll get a proper control panel made for her cockpit dashboard before that pesky Space Crab arrives!  :p

Great work on the Zeta, Ted! Did you use the specified color-calls, or did you improvise? Back in the early 90s I had contemplated taking all three 1/72 non-variable kits and trying to kitbash them into a proper variable. As you can see with the fighter, they really cheated on the highly-compacted chest module to keep it all very tidy.

8 hours ago, captain america said:

Did you use the specified color-calls, or did you improvise?

I always do my own color research before painting (in this case, using the Mospeada Blu-rays).  From there, I make my own color guides:

59695b0837dce_Zetacolorguide.thumb.jpg.6fbae980238029c04037843c4847f4aa.jpg

And yes, Imai's 1:72 Armo-Fighter takes significant liberties with the underside proportions... but the official animation model sheets are so funky in that area, it's hard to blame 'em!

59695b17afed1_Zetaundersidecolors.thumb.jpg.2ae69412019c9eb439f6baa8b6d755b1.jpg

If I had your confidence and skill, Cap'n, I'd have scratch built my own chest module instead.

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Do a blue and green one now!

A blue and green one?

yuck.thumb.jpg.e5b5b9d46fa869b940c4c7efe32cf0b1.jpg

Yuck.  Why?  :p

My Pinky Space Crab's ready for painting, but -- as it's pouring rain outside -- conditions are not ideal for ventilation, so I'm watching Mospeada instead.

Here are some choice images from episode 10.   The ruins of Point K provide some poignant imagery:

garfish.thumb.jpg.ef1b76f63d378a0cb9a80547183c989a.jpg

Stig sits under the shade of a crashed Garfish, isolating himself from the others.

shade.thumb.jpg.5486c34be08f2610e88fa14c9b424b96.jpg

Stig's POV.  I love the aspect ratio of this image.  

superpanavision70.thumb.jpg.eabed5d8d41e75e1498075ebe703509d.jpg

This episode is full of beautiful background paintings.  :wub:

Edited by tekering

I binged MOSPEADA again last week. :) 

I also watched Starship Troopers: Invasion, which was kinda awful, but well done technically. It, like the Appleseed GC movies, was directed by Aramaki. So why can't he get a studio together to do MOSPEADA movies or series? :unsure:

7 hours ago, tekering said:

My Pinky Space Crab's ready for painting, but -- as it's pouring rain outside -- conditions are not ideal for ventilation, so I'm watching Mospeada instead.

Here are some choice images from episode 10.   The ruins of Point K provide some poignant imagery:

garfish.thumb.jpg.ef1b76f63d378a0cb9a80547183c989a.jpg

Stig sits under the shade of a crashed Garfish, isolating himself from the others.

shade.thumb.jpg.5486c34be08f2610e88fa14c9b424b96.jpg

Stig's POV.  I love the aspect ratio of this image.  

superpanavision70.thumb.jpg.eabed5d8d41e75e1498075ebe703509d.jpg

This episode is full of beautiful background paintings.  :wub:

I love that last shot. I bet a bunch of people have these old pan shot cels. No way they tossed all of them.

I'm really looking forward to the new Mospeada toys now.

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

DFJP8qKVwAAh_mc.thumb.jpg.5d3593e48047c186986db5be7da96476.jpgDFJPWyGVwAE_HK2.thumb.jpg.3689b9bdf43837d61df0fce6db5f59c0.jpg

The Evolution Toys Legioss is just like the Toynami in that pic, the Arm & shoulder do not lock in place. You'd think for a promo display they would make sure it all fits perfectly. 

Also, that 1/60 RT Alpha, is that HG's very own creation?

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I'll be there tomorrow, any thing in particular you want to try to figure out? 

Any news is good news i guess... dont spoil ur time there hanging arnd RT! B))

How abt some cosplay pics? hahahah..ahem kidding...

Edited by seti88

See how much this thing costs and it it'll be widely available in America. Oh, and plans for a Tlead to attach it to. 

Edited by Sildani