Armo Soldier is growing on me, but yeah, reviews first. Judging by the size, I'm guessing ET is going the High End route with this one (like when Yamato released the big a$$ Ingram and Scope Dog toys), but to pull that off, you really need to be willing to swim the extra mile. Engineering wise, I'm still waiting to see something different than what Toynami and CM's did. For example, there's no indication that the tail fins wont be swinging freely in and out the moment you pick up the toy.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Well I'm in the "cautiously optimistic" camp. The latest pics we've seen are from a painted prototype so there is still room for improvement.

Hope they don't cheap out with the materials and I expect a reasonable amount of tampo print given the asking price.

I like the sculpt so far.

I'll wait till release and hopefully they will make a Rook version so I can get her mini cyclone as well. I'm still concerned though like another member mentioned that they didn't release a side profile picture of the Alpha in Fighter mode with the landing gear down. I've never seen a toy release with so many enhanced photos before.

We'll see what this looks like. This has to be the best version. I don't see the point in making something that isn't better than what we've already seen.

40 minutes ago, w8kbrder said:

So what is the estimated ETA for the release on the ride armor? Pre-order kind of thing? What price do we think its gonna debut at?

It has only just been announced, but has been in development for about two years. There should be more info at the next Wonderfest at the end of July, or Tokyo Toy Show  early June.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The robotech store is still around. What do they even have to sell anymore?

Nothing that screams Buy Me!!

Interesting that they are offering it & for a higher cost than HLJ. With shipping from the RT store it would cost $308.00 total with shipping. 

45 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I love the idea of a new Legioss but not at Arcadia prices from a company who's only history of transforming airplane mecha is the mediocre VF-2ss :(

Right? The Milia 1/60 with fast packs is cheaper than this. 

12 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It's way too expensive to even consider buying it. It's a no-go for me.

I'll have to keep looking for an Aoshima legioss, even if its hands crumble down.

If you're willing to take an MPC Alpha, those can be had for not unreasonable prices -- close to retail or even less.  A lot of sellers online were asking above and beyond $100 for those, esp. the main hero ones, but I managed to snag a green and red one for $60-$70 each.  You just have to be patient.  Since I knew the build quality wasn't great, the inflated prices weren't worth it to me.  But I would have been willing to pay the $60-$70 for one as a display piece that I didn't plan to handle too much.

The price for the Toynami Alpha and Beta COMBINED didn't even come close to this price!

That's some serious hubris to be asking a price like that, especially with all the underwhelming pics revealed so far.

30 minutes ago, Mog said:

The price for the Toynami Alpha and Beta COMBINED didn't even come close to this price!

That's some serious hubris to be asking a price like that, especially with all the underwhelming pics revealed so far.

I think they are counting on the fact that Mospeada is an underserved franchise, toy-wise.  It's lot not like collectors of Mospeada toys have a lot of options.  

17 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I already have the red and green masterpiece Alphas, but the blue one is the hardest to get for a reasonable price

Just have to be a bit patient, I got lucky here on MW with both Scott's Legioss & the Shadow version. Both around $60.00 each IIRC. 

I'm the opposite, still looking for the Red & Green MPC's at a good price. B))

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Was just looking at the HLJ and shows it as Order Stop. Despite the price it looks like it's all spoken for right now. 

AmiAmi is still open though. ;)

1 hour ago, SuperHobo said:

I'm sure there will be plenty around when it comes out. And if the toy is another mess, there will be plenty of sales. 

I would like to see it sell well so a Green, Red & Dark Legioss come out. But sure wish the price would drop. 

Hopefully Jenius or Collection DX can do a review down the road. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I preordered it... think it's shipping with my Focker premium format and a couple other toys. I hope it's not delayed. 

Glad to see you took the plunge, hopefully it's a good toy and will make for a good review. B))

4 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Answer: garbage.

Pretty much. Aside from the same old novelizations, RPG rulebooks, and Toynami figures we've all seen a decade ago, it is a big pile of cafepress-style "print this graphic on these products" crap.

Or whoever the cool "print this graphic on these products for me" webstorefront person is these days. I haven't actually heard the cafepress name in a few years now.

• 3 weeks later...