2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

He said surpass, not half-ass.  :p

Hahaha! I missed that part. :lol: 

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

NY is about $25 USD less than hlj. Considering....

Tempting. Will only consider NY if I'm really really going to buy this. Atleast with HLJ, you can still cancel. ^_^ 

I really need some Mospeada toys in my life, but I am not really excited for this release at all. With the way the last release went off and at the price it did there is no way hell this is a pre-order for me. I get they are a small company and endeavors such as these can cost a lot, but I feel like the pricing strategy is not in line with the quality of releases we have seen so far. Did they even fix issue's on any of the later released VF-22's? I'm not quite sure as I avoided that Cluster F*ck by cancelling my pre-orders from HLJ before it was released. 

I hope this is going to be a different story this time around, but I'm not getting that vibe so far.

To anyone that is going to 100% commit to this toy, I hope it turns out to be a complete 180° from their previous offering. Maybe it will turn out to be that magical toy we all wish this to be. 

I think it will be much better than the VF-2SS. They did the VF-2SS from scratch based on the drawings they doodled in their notepads in junior high school. This toy, they hired someone that had already made one before and, presumably, had learned from his mistakes. The thing that bothers me is that they hired the guy that did a terrible job in the first place and it looks like he only learned to fix some superficial problems. The bigger problems, like head placement in fighter/soldier, chest placement in soldier, wonky knees, and huge feet are all still there. Yeah, he knows now that he fins should fold into the arms (seriously, WTF?) and the chest intakes should be bigger than pankcake nipples. Those are big improvements... but wow, still so far from right. I'm a big Legioss fan though so maybe I'm just being too critical. 

The preorder price is high, we all see that, but how much are the RT Masterpiece selling for? Much more than that, and we all know the quality of those, crumbling hands and all.

And it does look way better than the CMS one.

I think this legioss would make for a great display, but I can't afford a figure that expensive myself. I'll just wait for it to be on sale, hopefully half the price, as happened with their VF2

4 hours ago, Chet said:

Can this be sold outside Japan, or does HG have a lock on Mospeada merch too?

It's probably Japan only, unless ET can make a deal with HG. HG has recently started giving out the toy license to more companies than just Toynami, so it could happen. However, KitzConcept is already planning a line of Robotech toys that they have claimed will go beyond the Macross Saga, which likely means Alpha fighter toys, so this Legioss could interfere with their license. I think we'll have to wait and see.

The price is certainly steep for a mass-produced, sweatshop-made item. The overall proportions look okay and at least there are locking tabs to keep it sturdy, but I'm rather disappointed with the lack of surface detail and the missiles that look like something out of an 80's toy. I mean for crying out loud: I was able to make my kits BY HAND with North-American wages, spread my R&D over less than 2 dozen units and still managed to sell it for less than this.

I would definitely advise people to wait, the prices will come down.

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

The preorder price is high, we all see that, but how much are the RT Masterpiece selling for? Much more than that, and we all know the quality of those, crumbling hands and all.

And it does look way better than the CMS one.

I still don't think that makes it acceptable for this level of quality. Also I expect HG to price toys at a rip off price, they have been ripping off their fans for years :lol:

I don't even see any of the Masterpiece models on the rt site, maybe you are quoting aftermarket prices?

Overall this looks better than any previous release. If the manufacturer was Arcadia or Bandai I would have no problem with pre-ordering it. Unfortunately it is ET and I just can't trust that the end product is going to be something worth the price. The last thing I want is to drop a lot of money just to have it sit in a box somewhere because it wasn't good enough to supplant my Toynami version I currently have on display.

At least I can rest easy knowing that this will be available long after the release. Like most others here I'm just going to wait for the reviews hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

1 hour ago, danth said:

Good god those feet stick out far in fighter mode. I always hated how no toy seems to get this right.

m06.jpg

I must admit I really like how it looks. Well, except the feet. It should be push more inward, right?

Anyways, I'm still hoping that they're not using the same plastic they used on the VF-2SS. If they're not, then consider me one of the sacrificial lamb to know the quality of this toy. ;) 

So, the Legioss has always left me very curious.. is it even remotely possible to get the legs looking semi-attractive on the fighter?  I mean, people joke about anime-magic on Macross stuff, but this thing always seems to exhibit Bayformer levels of mass-shifting to reach its different modes.

I'm actually tempted right now to see if I couldn't whip up a cad model that would give a reasonably aerodynamic shape, and how badly proportioned it would make the other modes.  The only solution that seems to work in my mind is to massively shift the scaling of the wings and rear body to fit the legs better.

And then the ultimate question... if someone did do that, would anyone even be interested in something that deviated so badly from the animation for the sake of looking nice?

Edited by Chronocidal

^ It's all about balance.  Reducing the lower legs by, say, 5% and having the feet collapse into the calves to reduce the amount by which they stick out would do wonders to improve the look of the Armo-Fighter and have a negligible impact on Armo-Diver and Armo-Soldier modes.  Unfortunately, and with no small amount of blame placed directly on the amount of anime magic plaguing MOSPEADA's human mecha, all the contemporary renditions of the Legioss/Alpha slavishly attempt to mimic the battroid line art to the detriment of the fighter's proportions.

18 minutes ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Anyways, the cyclone that had been posted by a fellow member, who is the manufacturer that will hopefully release this  bitchin lookin armor?

Sentinel. Possible distribution outside of Japan by Toynami.

16 hours ago, Loop said:

I still don't think that makes it acceptable for this level of quality. Also I expect HG to price toys at a rip off price, they have been ripping off their fans for years :lol:

I don't even see any of the Masterpiece models on the rt site, maybe you are quoting aftermarket prices?

Yes, I refer to aftermarket prices, thinking of someone who wasn't able to get one on first release and needs the blue Legioss to complete his collection, like myself 

On 4/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Looks like I'll be the sacrificial lamb. Went ahead and preordered it.

It helps that HLJ let's you cancell a preorder.

I'm in on one as well... just jiving for it to be great, and pave the way for even better things! Unless something mindblowingly bad surfaces about it I hope to keep the preorder with HLJ as well! 

Even though I got burned on the silvie vf2ss and the armor pack, I'm hoping they've learnt some lessons.... hoping...

23 hours ago, danth said:

Good god those feet stick out far in fighter mode. I always hated how no toy seems to get this right.

m06.jpg

I actually think it looks good from this angle, better than any other toy to be sure. The thigh slides into the calf area, so the thigh and heel/toe cannot occupy the same real estate. Making the legs smaller will make the Fighter only marginally better at th expense of Soldier mode, which would look ape-like (beefy arms, smaller legs.)

You can't fight physics.

I would like to see the heel pivot upward and the whole foot me smaller.  If someone could figure out a way to get the toe to slide into the foot that would help.  That's asking a lot though... especially for a stable foot in diver mode. 

ok so not sure if anyone noticed on hlf's site but this things is 24cm tall...thats almost 9.5 inches.  FINALLY a legioss toy that won't be a shrimp..the 1/48 anad 1/55 toynami and CM's toys...were tiny and well not ideal lol.  last time a decent size legioss toy was made it was gakken.  at this size though, i doubt they will made a tlead.  lets hope this doesn't dissapoint anymore than the pictures do to some of you ( i think it looks decent).

48 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

ok so not sure if anyone noticed on hlf's site but this things is 24cm tall...thats almost 9.5 inches.  FINALLY a legioss toy that won't be a shrimp..the 1/48 anad 1/55 toynami and CM's toys...were tiny and well not ideal lol.  last time a decent size legioss toy was made it was gakken.  at this size though, i doubt they will made a tlead.  lets hope this doesn't dissapoint anymore than the pictures do to some of you ( i think it looks decent).

Yeah. It's 24cm tall. And it's really is a good size. I really want to have one. And I want to PO too. Only thing is, I just need a confirmation on the plastic used if it's the same as their VF-2SS.

34 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Didn't the Nexx VF-2SS use a better plastic or was it that it just had a flat finish to it? 

From what I've read it's just had a flat finish. I could be wrong too since I don't have Nexx. Maybe JVM can shed some light into that because I remember him having both.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

From what I've read it's just had a flat finish. I could be wrong too since I don't have Nexx. Maybe JVM can shed some light into that because I remember him having both.

Cool, that's what I figured. In that case yes I hope that ET is using a better plastic. Bandai DX or Arcadia quality is what I am hoping for.