Overall, looks pretty decent, but I could use some tampo printing. And is it just me or do I clearly see pegs on the forearms, but there doesn't appear to be a hole for them to tab in the legs? I hope it's still just a prototype, because that would be beyond stupid. 25,000 yen is too much and is almost as crazy as the megahouse orguss toy (at least we know that's a solid toy). If reviews are solid on this I will consider it when it goes below the 20,000 yen mark. The size of this legioss is something I've wanted to see for a while now. No more tiny legioss. 

Edited by SuperHobo

No side profile shot in fighter mode.

No pic in Armo-Soldier mode to show how strong the shoulder joints are (supporting the gun, arm fully extended at the elbow) or showing if the hips can hold a solid A stance.

Can the head even turn?

Way to make your product stand out from the rest. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I normally would be the sacrificial lamb here and pay full price to do the review but.... I don't know that I can convince myself to do it. 

Well man, sit back and join the rest of us on the fence because someone else can take the bullet. And while I love the legioss design even I'm restraining myself from preordering because I keep remembering the 2SS I handled and thinking it was a pile of junk. 

Didnt see it before but when wrists seem to be on a up/down hinge which is then attached to a ball joint for the hand.
Hmm thats a departure from a usual singular ball joint..might have more up.down movement but it does expose the hinge bar if the hand is not recessed in...

m02.thumb.jpg.16cd4fd9b78afb9bcbd23263a00caa6e.jpg

Edited by seti88

12 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Overall, looks pretty decent, but I could use some tampo printing. And is it just me or do I clearly see pegs on the forearms, but there doesn't appear to be a hole for them to tab in the legs? I hope it's still just a prototype, because that would be beyond stupid. 25,000 yen is too much and is almost as crazy as the megahouse orguss toy (at least we know that's a solid toy). If reviews are solid on this I will consider it when it goes below the 20,000 yen mark. The size of this legioss is something I've wanted to see for a while now. No more tiny legioss. 

Actually, there's a hole on the legs for the forearm's tabs.

m04.jpg?resize=768,1074

Somehow it doesn't look like it has the same plastic material that they used on their VF-2SS. I like Legioss but I'm not prepared to pay the same amount like I did on their VF-2SS. Maybe after some reviews... :mellow:

12 hours ago, jenius said:

I normally would be the sacrificial lamb here and pay full price to do the review but.... I don't know that I can convince myself to do it. 

Would love to see you do a review for this, yet given the price tag I get why you'd pass on it. After the VF-2SS, no ET toy is worth this much. 

While the overall sculpt looks OK, I'm not super impressed especially given the price. It may just be prototype issues, but there seem to be several areas where the panel-fitting doesn't look particularly good - the winglet to intake interface, the sensor pod door, and the way that the head recesses under the cockpit all look kind of janky. Not a big fan of the CM's-style concave inner knee/shin joint either.

We still need to see a good full shots of side and bottom profile in Armo-Fighter mode.

At 24cm this is somehow in 1/36th scale seeing that in Armo-Soldier mode it stands around 8.75 meters.

Edited by no3Ljm

The latest photos look like an improvement over what we saw in the unpainted prototypes.  That said, for a $200+ toy there needs to be more tampo printing.  I'm with everyone else who wants to see a review before shelling out.  The last toy I paid that much for was the Arcadia VF-0A.  After all the hip joint issues started coming to light, I promised myself that would be the last toy I would spend that much money on without a review or advance report of the quality.

26 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Some company simply needs to remake the big Gakkens.  I'd buy one.

A FREAKIN MEN on that!!! I'd buy all 3 variants!  As for the new kid on the block...ummm...ET must be smokin somethin gooood coming to market with that price. If i knew it was Arcadia VF0S quality...maybe...but i think we all know it won't be. I'll wait for reviews....and more than likely big discounts

11 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

It's pretty sad that with all the advances in toy design over the past 30+ years nobody has been able to surpass the old Gakken Legioss toys.

You never know with EvoToys release. ;)