On 2/22/2017 at 9:18 PM, SuperSenpai said:

The Toynami Alphas had pegs to lock the shoulder and forearm joints together too.  That didn't stop the things from having that unsightly gap between them.

Yeah that's because Toynami sucks. They should have hired someone who could take a proper measurement. I spent a long time trying to figure out how to collapse the arms and still lock it into the leg tabs until i realized the problem wasn't with me but with whatever hack designed the toy. It's a shame it only needed less than an inch to be able to lock.

There is an easy way to correct, or at least ameliorate, the hogging effect/upper arm to forearm gap on the Toynami Alpha:  The peg on each forearm needs to be trimmed down by 1mm ( a little over 1/32") off the end opposite the wrist to compensate for the misalignment with the slots on the legs; or the slots can be lengthened* away from the feet thrusters by the same amount (either operation can be easily performed with a X-Acto knife); or a combination thereof.  Doing this alleviates the mismatch that causes the arm sections to pull apart and/or the back to arch.  It's not a perfect solution, but it's mostly unobtrusive and improves things a bit.

* I actually prefer this option as it's both easier and will not weaken the pegs by making them smaller.

Edit: made some corrections.

Edited by mechaninac

• 4 weeks later...

I'm holding out for a whole new design, The CM's were ok but really small, Beagles attempt was great but uber pricey. The Megahouse design was an easy pass for me, in soldier mode it was ok, but the bike & figure by themselves were ugly IMO. 

Hopefully that 1/12 Ride-armor will become a reality! 

KitzConcept has promised so much and haven't delivered or even shown close to anything yet, so I choose to be sceptical. They have a 1:2000 SDF-1, a 1:55 Destroid monster and a whole 1:55 Robotech line to deliver on first...

Can't wait for the Sentinel Ride Armor! Just read this old article recently where the director at T-Tex said, 

“For me, personally, working on the original Beagle Mospeada was interesting. It was my first big project and I learned a lot. However, I look at it now and wish I could go back to re-design it based on the knowledge and experience I've acquired since. The other projects I also loved doing were the big SDF-1 Macross toy from Macross and the Starship Troopers power armor for Sentinel.”

Source

So, it looks like he got his wish and it means that this will likely be an incredible toy. But we all already expected that.

True. Same here. Toy prices now are so expensive. And it's not going down. :unsure: And since this is going to be 1/12 scale, I'm wishing it will just stay around $150 or less. $200 maximum shipped. But if it's going to be like $280+, not sure if I'm going to keep it up if ever they will decide to release all variants.

I'd love to see it under $200 but a Re:Edit non-transforming Iron Man figure in the same scale is close to $200 (much more if we are talking about Hulkbuster). Many Riobots have been $200+. Let's just say I'll be happy if it's under $300. 

I mean, I don't want to pay that much but if that's what it's gonna take, I'll make it happen.

Edited by Slave IV

On 4/5/2017 at 10:56 AM, Slave IV said:

“...working on the original Beagle Mospeada was interesting...However, I look at it now and wish I could go back to re-design it based on the knowledge and experience I've acquired since.”

My god. The Beagle was amazing and the creator is all "it's aight...I could do better now."

Hell yeah! Let's see what you got!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That's what I'm saying! I never got the Beagle and now I don't care. Bring on the Ride Armors!

Edited for yah. Bring on the Sentinel sounds not-so-Mospeada. It's more Robotech-y. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

Looks like EVO toys legioss is going up for order tomorrow. Now let's all see the crazy price. A new tidbit I learned is that in soldier mode is about 24 cm tall or about 9.44 inches in height. I'm guessing that measurement is from head to toe. Pretty good sized legioss if you ask me.  

1 minute ago, Tober said:

What happens if nobody pre-orders it? Would they drop the whole thing or go back to the drawing-board and try to get it right?

Looking at their VF-2SS, they would keep all the preorders and release two other variants in the future. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

I've learned my lesson with Evolution Toys. I will wait for reviews from now on.

41 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Looking at their VF-2SS, they would keep all the preorders and release two other variants in the future. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

I've learned my lesson with Evolution Toys. I will wait for reviews from now on.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for the clearance sales as well. ;)

I have both the CM's & Toynami Legioss, both are disappointing in one way or another IMO and have had parts break. So unless this new Legioss is a total dumpster fire, I'm willing to give it a shot, given the price isn't super ridiculous.