Does anyone know the full story behind the new Cyclone / Ride Armor design? I recall seeing it I think on a magazine cover or article. Was it simply Aramaki modernizing the design to see what he could come up with? Did he make drawings of the other color variations like Rook and Lancer's bikes?

I'll probably get this modern version. It does look cool. I just still like the old design of Rook's bike a lot more. I would kind of be surprised if this company went back and made the old versions after this one. I'm putting more hope on a Figma version for Rook.

3 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Does anyone know the full story behind the new Cyclone / Ride Armor design? I recall seeing it I think on a magazine cover or article. Was it simply Aramaki modernizing the design to see what he could come up with? Did he make drawings of the other color variations like Rook and Lancer's bikes?

I'll probably get this modern version. It does look cool. I just still like the old design of Rook's bike a lot more. I would kind of be surprised if this company went back and made the old versions after this one. I'm putting more hope on a Figma version for Rook.

Yes. It is based on the cover of Mospeada Complete Art Works book. Not sure if it's just a one time thing just for the cover. Or Aramaki redesigned the whole group. But the cover shows a 'Ley' type Ride Armor since it carries a gun. Whereas the image that shws in bike mode is probably a Stick type since the face resembles him.

1 hour ago, wwwmwww said:

Is this actually available for pre-order somewhere?  If so I'm in as well.

Carl

Nope. No official date yet on when it's going to get released. This is just a prototype shown at the WonderFest 2017.

Eh. Yamato wasn't built in a day. I'll look forward to this. I won't bite until they come out with Houquet's version though, I like its head best. 

7 hours ago, Major Tom said:

You can see more Legioss pics here below Tetsujin28

http://ameblo.jp/digitamin/theme5-10004435512.html#main

Thank you for the link!!!

I like that it's a better proportioned CM's. The same guy is doing this. Let's hope it has better quality than the VF-2SS. 

I'm looking forward to this Legioss.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

At least the box art will look cool.... :rolleyes:

med_gallery_12176_633_61525.jpg  med_gallery_12176_633_280965.jpg

And glossy too. Comes with black plastic tray. How cool is that, right? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Hmmmm....Battroid just looks....off..the shoulders are to high and the head is to low..and I'm nervous that the didn't show off all 3 modes. Not a lock purchase for me by a loooong way yet, especially after keeping up with the VF-2SS thread.

IIRC, the first announcement of this product was displayed in Armo-Fighter mode with some yellow tapes on it. Next updates were in Armo-Soldier mode, still with some tapes. And now a colored prototype. I don't recall seeing a prototype in Armo-Diver only on those photo sample sheets the comes with their display.

It's Evolution Toys so there's nothing more to say about it. My only wish is that keep the price down or we could just wait for it to end up on sale before getting one or better yet, check reviews first and decide later on. But since I didn't have Legioss figure, I might bite as soon as they put it out on preorders. ;)

Looks like the forearm covers don't lock in the soldier position. The proportions are off. Like the arms and legs belong to a beefier toy than the torso. The nose cone dangles too low, the head is too low, the shoulders too high, and it looks like someone was told to make a better version of the CMS toy rather than to make the best Legioss.

I wonder if Sentinel would give us a T-Rex legioss if the ride armor sells well. 

Edited by jenius

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. It is based on the cover of Mospeada Complete Art Works book. Not sure if it's just a one time thing just for the cover. Or Aramaki redesigned the whole group. But the cover shows a 'Ley' type Ride Armor since it carries a gun. Whereas the image that shws in bike mode is probably a Stick type since the face resembles him.

Nope. No official date yet on when it's going to get released. This is just a prototype shown at the WonderFest 2017.

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to get that book. The preview image at HLJ does show a red version too. I don't know why but when I first saw that design, I thought it was a best of all the bikes. Someone needs to ask this company what their plans are. I don't want to get overly excited like I did with Beagle only to be disappointed.

Edited by JetJockey

46 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to get that book. The preview image at HLJ does show a red version too. I don't know why but when I first saw that design, I thought it was a best of all the bikes. Someone needs to ask this company what their plans are. I don't want to get overly excited like I did with Beagle only to be disappointed.

From memory, that concept is a paint-over of an actual bike. It doesn't transform.

You'd think in the age of social media and Twitter asking them would be reasonably easy, if you know Japanese. However given that there are multile versions potentially coming out, they may not want to give anything away. Which is like history repeating...

True. Even in the age of social media, they're not gonna lay out all their plans in front of us. They still want to tease and make people get excited of their products. All of this are still part of how the business works and how they practice it for ages. They want to reveal things... slowly... but surely. It is what it is.

16 hours ago, Sildani said:

Eh. Yamato wasn't built in a day. I'll look forward to this. I won't bite until they come out with Houquet's version though, I like its head best. 

This might be the best most honest reaction. As long as they're not super pricey, I'm in! 

Really need to see what the fighter mode looks like before I can make a decision.  The soldier mode looks a little off, but if they nail the fighter mode than some of those flaws might be forgivable.  The way that nosecone extends far below the crotch is, to me, a hint that they are looking to optimize fighter mode.

As for the ride armor -- looks promising, def. more so than the Legioss.  

6 hours ago, Tober said:

From memory, that concept is a paint-over of an actual bike. It doesn't transform.

You'd think in the age of social media and Twitter asking them would be reasonably easy, if you know Japanese. However given that there are multile versions potentially coming out, they may not want to give anything away. Which is like history repeating...

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. Even in the age of social media, they're not gonna lay out all their plans in front of us. They still want to tease and make people get excited of their products. All of this are still part of how the business works and how they practice it for ages. They want to reveal things... slowly... but surely. It is what it is.

I hate the new tease and announcements for announcements thing that goes on these days. I'm old school. Give me a poster or ad for a toy that's coming out. Tell me the date and I'm fine till it's released. I would be happy with the new design Cyclone / Ride Armor in the standard color and one of the old design. Hopefully Rook's version. I just don't want to see what happened with Beagle again when they release the two guys and then shut down without the other two bikes.

Anyone have that Mospeada Complete book? Any more details on that new version of the Ride Armor?

10 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

Really need to see what the fighter mode looks like before I can make a decision.  The soldier mode looks a little off, but if they nail the fighter mode than some of those flaws might be forgivable.  The way that nosecone extends far below the crotch is, to me, a hint that they are looking to optimize fighter mode.

As for the ride armor -- looks promising, def. more so than the Legioss.  

I like fighter mode. It's still a prototype but looks promising to me.

o0800060013785864141.jpg

o0800060013785864089.jpg

Yeah, I remember the prototype, but want to see an updated painted version.  Right now this one doesn't look so great for all the reasons Jenius mentioned, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because this is an unpainted prototype and may not fit together as tightly as a more completed version.

That prototype fighter mode picture fills me with all kinds of bad feelings. The most infuriating part (out of many) of the Toynami/Aoshima version was that the arms didn't lock together, throwing off the entire visual flow of fighter mode. How any executive/QC looked at that during the planning stages and said 'well, that's just fine' is beyond me.

I know its a prototype, more updates to come, blah, blah, blah... but seeing it like that just makes me think of my MPC version, and those aren't happy thoughts.

I also don't recall there being many (if any) changes between ET's prototype VF-2SS and the final production piece even though there were several glaring issues we were thinking could be corrected.

In the end I am highly skeptical that this will satisfy my Legioss itch. Wait and see I guess.

Well, atleast what we see with Evolution Toys prototypes, we still see it in their final product. Not some like 'big' companies who retouches certain marketing photos only to find out it can't be done or display in the actual product. ^_^

*cough* <VF-19 Advance> *cough* :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

That prototype fighter mode picture fills me with all kinds of bad feelings. The most infuriating part (out of many) of the Toynami/Aoshima version was that the arms didn't lock together, throwing off the entire visual flow of fighter mode. How any executive/QC looked at that during the planning stages and said 'well, that's just fine' is beyond me.

I know its a prototype, more updates to come, blah, blah, blah... but seeing it like that just makes me think of my MPC version, and those aren't happy thoughts.

I also don't recall there being many (if any) changes between ET's prototype VF-2SS and the final production piece even though there were several glaring issues we were thinking could be corrected.

In the end I am highly skeptical that this will satisfy my Legioss itch. Wait and see I guess.

Watch the new battroid pics and you'll see tabs in the arms and forearms that tab into the legs. It's the designer from the CM's Legioss and it seems he thought this time about keeping things together.

legioss tabs 1.jpg

legioss tab 2.JPG

legios tab 3.jpg

4 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Yeah why is it so hard to make a legios that has the arms lock in fighter mode? 

I'm hoping you're right about it locking together more securely this time. 

I also hope the CMs designer learned from the mistakes with the Tread locking bar. Hopefully a lot more consideration was given to the link-up.

The biggest problem to me are the proportions though, and I don't think those can be rectified. :(