No you're not the only one who hated the remastered version. The 5.1 mix was absolutely horrible on the audio side. It got a bit better as the series went on but it was never great. Much prefer the original audio. Video however did look better on the remastered version. Both versions of the show were on Amazon Prime video a while back.

And I thought I was the only one who hated the Remastered version. I grew up with bad VHS taped copies of the original broadcast, and those are the sounds and music that I identify with Robotech. Anything else is just wrong!

No you're not the only one who hated the remastered version. The 5.1 mix was absolutely horrible on the audio side. It got a bit better as the series went on but it was never great. Much prefer the original audio. Video however did look better on the remastered version. Both versions of the show were on Amazon Prime video a while back.

Glad to know we are in agreement on this one! :lol:

On a side note I recently bought a Gakken 1/10 Ride-Armor, should be here in a few days! :D

Hopefully you bought the ADV Films DVD's, while watching it on Netflix it's the bloody remastered version and sound effects are horrid! Otherwise a pleasant nostalgic experience! B))

And I thought I was the only one who hated the Remastered version. I grew up with bad VHS taped copies of the original broadcast, and those are the sounds and music that I identify with Robotech. Anything else is just wrong!

Agreed! The unfamiliar sound effects takes me right out of the experience. Why watch a bastardization of a bastardization? Robotech is only worth watching for the nostalgia, otherwise I might as well watch Macross.

Agreed! The unfamiliar sound effects takes me right out of the experience. Why watch a bastardization of a bastardization? Robotech is only worth watching for the nostalgia, otherwise I might as well watch Macross.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug! :lol:

I only watch RT anymore for New Generation, Macross is only Macross.

Its the adv. Sounds like it sposed ta

Word! B))

Thanks guys, I'll check that out and yes their shipping fees often makes me think twice sometimes.

It's funny how both Toynami & CM's didn't make that Beta/Tread.... the one I really wanted too.

Edited by 505thAirborne

The only alpha toynami i bought was the sue graham shadow. Even tho she was in only one episode...and died...and never actually piloted an alpha

Sue was attached to the Shadow Fighter MPC because there were no named characters piloting one in the show. It's part of the theme of the line. Annie LaBelle never piloted a Beta Fighter as far as I remember, yet she still got a Beta toy.

The only reason why I'd ever get a Beta/Tread is to link up with an Alpha/Legioss in fighter mode -- not a fan of any of its other modes. But from pictures I've seen that combination looks to be huge and I have nowhere in my display areas that I could reasonably fit such a thing.

The only reason why I'd ever get a Beta/Tread is to link up with an Alpha/Legioss in fighter mode -- not a fan of any of its other modes. But from pictures I've seen that combination looks to be huge and I have nowhere in my display areas that I could reasonably fit such a thing.

Same here!

Still waiting on a great Alpha/Legioss TOY. Something that looks pretty good (maybe better than the GAKKEN) but more importantly is not so fragile it breaks upon its first 5 transformations. The CM had the durability but looked way off.

I've been in a bit of a Mospeada mood lately! Found some good deals online & a good tip for jenius! B))

Got the Ride-Armor 2 weeks ago, the Beta's on Monday and the Pilotless Legioss yesterday & today. Mandarake is legit with packing, the Legioss was nice & secure in the box.

The last is a group shot with previous purchases.

post-6180-0-76543900-1481144024_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-87964600-1481144035_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-89871900-1481144059_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-77517100-1481144075_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

They sell just hands too right? What scale should i look for?

Based on the link Frogze provided, it has a 'rounded' hands. So maybe you can try and get one of this since it's also in 1/100 scale. Hope that helps. :)

By the way, great Mospeada hauls guys!

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been tried before, but if I were to attempt in getting another Stick Bernard figure (The old Gakken 1/10 type) and wanted to add ball joint and better looking hands, any ideas of what parts I should use, where to get them?

Thank you! B))