Question to members who've seen this personally on display. I know this is non-scale, but can you say if the size is somehow close to the VF-2SS in Fighter mode which is also displayed beside it?

jWosPTR.jpg

P9RyxFU.jpg

Here's an edited merged photo of the two. I just base it on the placard height posted at the back just to get a rough estimate.

ZbZ1cTY.jpg

I own a ET VF-2SS, while I know it's not a great toy, seeing all 4 of those Valks on display makes me want them.

As for the Legioss, I'll be happier when I see a painted version of the toy & pilot... and yes the landing gear still concerns me, the front gear looks really off to me.

The Legioss is a small fighter, comparing the cockpits and pilots with the VF-2SS I'd say it's 1/48.

Thanks Ignacio. I was thinking around 1/40-ish. Is this going to be bigger than the MPC/CM's? I'm not familiar with the size since I don't own any of those. Thanks!

There's a lot of concerns on this design for me - I want to be cautiously optimistic though. Seeing the reviews comparing the Nexx 2ss to the Sylvie tells me that they DID actually add clips and connectors and thickened up the plastic (and then totally threw that all out the window on the SAP, but I digress....). Even that little attempt at improvement, and the fact that they got the designer for the CM's legioss to take a crack at it (who, at the very least did a good job at making a comparatively sturdy toy - which is the very thing Evo needs most at the moment) reminds me a little of early Yamato - they messed up a lot, but there was a noticeable desire for improvement that added up to some really amazing things over time. They seem, at least, to be aware of some of their problems and trying to fix them.

What's truly disappointing about it though, is that when Yamato were trying their early Valkyries, there really wasn't any precedent for them. They were looking at garage kits and old toys and trying to do something new. There IS a history now though - Yamato is a prime example - and the Legioss has been done by Gakken, Toynami, and CM's - there is a lot of reference material. While there is a lot of anime magic in this design, it's actually far less than in almost every 20th century Macross valkyrie. So many people have come so close (even the mixed results of the old half transformable gakken 1/72 with it's beautifully proportioned robot) that I can't help but feel like everyone who has worked on the design recently just doesn't know how much material is out there. Heh, just knowing the Moscato model EXISTS should effect how designers look at this.

I will admit, looking at the side by side for fighter mode, if they can push the feet in and line things up to fit a little better (considering one arm looks fine, I'm hoping the other is just mis-transformation) it looks pretty good in that mode (thought to me the nose is still silly long and the feet too narrow). I suppose when all is said and done, it will depend on how this thing feels in the hand. Visually it's a huge step up from the CM's, and it does SOME thinks a little better visually than the toynami (though to me, a lot of the problems are in the torso - it seems so squeezed together compared to the rest of the unit with those really long chest blocks and groin thrusters that it looks like the blocky robot of the line art got the dynamic one of the anime stretched out and pinched into the middle - this of course effects the head as well as the snowball effect of disproportions crashes into its face.

If it feels like the CM's and looks even as good as these shots suggest, it will be overall the best so far - (perhaps damning with faint praise, but that's the reality of it). At this point it all hinges on how well it holds together and feels in the hand.

Im really hoping somebody does something with those kits

The masters basically pay for themselves by selling 10 kits. It boggles my mind that no one has crunched the numbers and discovered what a steal they are, especially that all the Inbits are in the same compatible scale as the old Imai Legioss, Toynami, CM and my own resin Legioss.

I think we're all hoping the Cap'n will make a triumphant return and shower us with mecha goodies like mana from heaven :)

The Cap'n is busy building his luxury watch brand and getting it off the ground. I had hoped that all the years I spent showing people how to "work-it" with garage kits would have inspired others to use the same successful pattern. Truth be told, some like Starship Modeler, Neptune Models and Mike Salzo did follow-up and add their own dimension so there's an ongoing legacy.

Edited by captain america

Don't understand why someone like ET doesn't start with the old 1/35 Gakken, fix some proportions, simplify the shoulders (they had a tendency to break) and update the design. Too many people trying to reinvent the wheel that was already pretty good and end up with floppy messes. The Gakkens were SOLID in all 3 modes, did a fair job with proportions and built like a tank.

The feet on the ET stick out way in fighter mode, just like the CMs, they need to collapse in MUCH more.