Yes I'm comparing the prototype with my CM's and there are a lot of similarities. Aesthetics aside the CM's is very well built, but it lacks tabs to keep it locked in fighter mode.

But yes it has CM's written all over it which is a good thing in my book.

I had both the CM's and the Toynami versions. The CM's was built really well but it was a floppy mess and the proportions were goofy. The Toynami looked a lot better but was a joke in the QC/Build Quality department.

I am hoping this one can give us the best of both.

So I would bet it's probably going to be the best Legioss figure ever released if QC is on par with CM's. It looks like they corrected all the awkward stuff about the CM's (knee joint especially, larger intakes too) so I'm definitely in on this one.

Edited by Frogze

• 2 weeks later...

Looking quite good in the photos so far IMO, certainly better than the CM's iteration.

Like others have said though, I do hope it has some sort of extendable neck joint.

However, at this point in time based on their VF-2SS debacle, I really have no confidence in Evolution's ability to make a fun, non-frustrating transforming toy, made of quality materials, that locks together well.

So, I will not be an early adopter of this and will not pre-order. I'm going to take a cautious, wait and see approach, before spending my hard earned cash.

Also, I really need to see it in Fighter mode before even considering whether I may buy this at some point in time.

Evolution...........fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me :p

The VF-2SS was an obvious failure, just by looking at it the problems were evident. Though I still wouldn't mind one as I'd only display it one mode, and I don't really handle my expensive toys much. With the Alpha Fighter: even if they only pull off a great bot mode, I'd still be down for one. But considering how basic the transformation needs to be, I think they'll do better this time around.

In any event, it can't be worse than any of the junk that's come before, surely.

It is crap!

[edit:] I realized that my initial response might not be very helpful so please let me elaborate.

Prelude: I don't have the ET VF-2SS so all that I have to say is

The ET VF-2SS is a bad toy. The problem is that is is not only lacking in one department but in several. It is not line-art accurate, has a poor fit and finish, breaks easily, is no fun to transform and doesn't lock together well.

In addition it is super expensive so you definitely don't feel that you get your moneys worth.

There are several examples of high priced toys that are lacking in one (or several) departments but still are worth their asking price. Examples could be MP-09 Rodimus Convoy, MMC Cyclops, anything from Hot Toys, the Stuff Fewture releases, etc. However I feel that the VF-2SS has no redeeming qualities, especially not for the asking price of 34K Yen.

So it all depends on how much you like the source material. I'm a huge fan of the VF-2SS design but I couldn't convince myself to order one.

Edited by Scyla

I didn't follow the VF-2SS thread. Can someone summarize what the problems were with the toy?

If you simply must have a VF-2SS in your collection, It'll have to do for now (No sign of Bandai or Arcadia to the rescue). Otherwise it has a lot of issues. It's Battroid & Gerwalk modes are pretty solid, but Fighter mode is a total failure! :(

Fingers are crossed however with the Legioss..... maybe they can make something really good.... maybe?

I guess someone for sure must have acquired Houquet's prototype from Beagle. Arcadia must pick that mold and release it!!!

Damn we were so close, only Stick and Rei were released!!!! It's a war crime against humanity, must complete the whole team!!!!

I guess someone for sure must have acquired Houquet's prototype from Beagle. Arcadia must pick that mold and release it!!!

Damn we were so close, only Stick and Rei were released!!!! It's a war crime against humanity, must complete the whole team!!!!

Couldn't agree more with you. Just for schnitz & giggles let's say Arcadia picked up a Mospeada license and went for it on making Ride-Armors. Houquet & Yellow better be first. Then make Scott & Rei... perhaps Shinobu's Ride too. B))

Okay, I'm placing an order for two of them and lets see if it's real because that price is INSANE if real.

As always a day late & a buck short. Those of you who scored those Betas for a whopping $3.98 a piece better post some pics when they arrive!

I would have got 5 and customized a few.... Three Shadow Betas for sure since Toynami never delivered!!

I ordered 7 of the 3.99 Betas for $27 and change and got free shipping. Just checked my order and it says the status is Shipped. Holy crap! We'll see what actually shows up.

Okay if 7 betas really do arrive at your house, please take a photo of you with a huge crap eating grin being surrounded by the betas.

I ordered 7 of the 3.99 Betas for $27 and change and got free shipping. Just checked my order and it says the status is Shipped. Holy crap! We'll see what actually shows up.

I'm not remotely jealous of you....... maybe a little.... a bit.....a lot!! :lol: