I love the sculpt so far, it looks great and it also seems to have all the features the previous toys had. I can only hope that the tiny pegs we can see on the arms are enough to keep it together in fighter mode and that the nosecone is shorter than the CM's one. One of the things I didn't like about the CM's was the way the knee caps stood outwards in fighter mode whereas the Aoshima/Toynami ones were sliding up towards the body to help it keep a more streamlined look. I hope this EVO has somehow dealt with this.

Other than that the hip mechanism looks very similar to the CM's with maybe some more mobility to split the legs open. I remember seeing a mod for the CM's which allowed something similar but maybe it was at the expense of the fighter's solidness.

Edited by Frogze

I hope the back comes with some covers for the fuselage cutaway ie...

post-15116-0-78214800-1469428488_thumb.jpg

The back shot of the prototype also seems to have gaps and is a lil cheap looking in the back area..

plus not liking the screw visibility on the pod by the side of the head...

the red missile heads(?) on the shoulders shouldnt be so tiny or so far apart either...

I like what I'm seeing so far. Including the small Cyclone / Ride Armor. I would want a Red version hopefully.

That new picture is rather encouraging, still need Fighter mode and landing gear pics.

Yeah they can't mess up the Fighter mode. I hate the beached whale look of the original one. It should be unacceptable on these newer ones though.

so some of the shoulder thickness I thought I saw was just the attached middle missile bay. That's cool. The nosecone drops way low down the back so fighter mode probably looks pretty aggressive. I would prefer the nosecone higher up in soldier mode but I'm hoping that means fighter mode looks really sharp.

Thoughts?attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

have to say that does look really good. wonder how the other modes look and how big this is. maybe i can finally let go of my toynami and CMs stuff. any takers? lol

pretty excited for this. i hope their price point makes sense (unlike the original retail for CMs toy's legioss prices or the recent evolution toys vf-2s retial price)

Edited by Mechapilot77

If they could just bring those intakes down a smidgen, that 3/4 shot where you can barely see the head... that's also going to impair head articulation.

Maybe if EVO engineered a telescopic feature to the neck, similar to the recent Bandai valks or Arcadia VF-0 mold then that could alleviate the clearance issues the head is currently facing.

I'd say it's promising. Definitely looks better than the CM version, not quite as good as the Toynami one. In particular, I'd prefer beefier looking feet. If the final product has good build quality and durability though, I'd say it's a worthy buy considering the competition.

Maybe if EVO engineered a telescopic feature to the neck, similar to the recent Bandai valks or Arcadia VF-0 mold then that could alleviate the clearance issues the head is currently facing.

from the top view you can see empty space under the head. this leads me to believe the head does not sit atop another platform but rathar atop some articulated arm/bar etc...releasing a figure these days with no head articulation would be utterly ridiculous so i got to believe this thing can at least look side to side and maybe even up and down a little...which yes by he current placement of head would be impossible as you'd run into the top covers for the intakes...therefore...i posit there is an arm there...and when you pull up on the head it will then allow you to rotate it and aslo tilt it.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Loving it so far. Esp those small ride armors. :wub: But still going to wait to see all Legioss mode first. :rolleyes:

et40.jpg

Photos from TagHobby.

this does look very promising! i kinda do like it! as Jenius pointed out, the feet are a little too narrow and the intakes are a tad too high making the head look like its sitting too low between them. But still looks good overall.

and I do like the small figures!

As much as I am in line w the excitement, I wish evo toys will be aware to hide as much as possible joints or tabs that may stick out in a display piece.

Specifically the shoulder/arm hinge which I hope will not be that visible in the final.

This looks promising. Some anime magic is to be expected, since the show is so old, so some proportional difficulties are inevitable. Gotta make a reasonable fighter mode, doncha know.

Other than seeing how it looks in fighter mode, I really hope they put some RATCHET joints in those shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.

That's gonna be a make-or-break factor right there.

Plus, I secretly hope they're designing this with the idea of connecting it to a little old big and burly bomber. ;)

Nice but I'm concern about the QC.

Indeed. If Evolution can make a solid toy, I'm willing to put all my idiosyncractic aesthetic preferences aside and support this line. CMs and Toynami already flubbed it. Hopefully, this won't be the third strike.

Edited by gingaio

Other than seeing how it looks in fighter mode, I really hope they put some RATCHET joints in those shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.

That's gonna be a make-or-break factor right there.

Plus, I secretly hope they're designing this with the idea of connecting it to a little old big and burly bomber. ;)

^^ All of the above!

That is basically CM's ver 2. Looks much better so far. head sculpt needs some TLC and fighter mode will decide if I splurge on it.

Yes I'm comparing the prototype with my CM's and there are a lot of similarities. Aesthetics aside the CM's is very well built, but it lacks tabs to keep it locked in fighter mode.

But yes it has CM's written all over it which is a good thing in my book.