• 1 month later...

When is the summer wonder festival? Pity it's non scale but let's see what it looks like! Excited to see mospeada getting some love, even though it's from evo...

Ah saw a date buried there..24th July...

Edited by seti88

If their VF-2SS is anything to go by, no. :(

You're probably right, but if this is the same person who worked on the CMS legioss, I'm hoping the engineer has gone back and overhauled all of the weirdness of the CMS version and added more locking tabs to the whole thing. The VF-2SS has better approaches in engineering than the CMS legioss, so maybe we will see another leap of improvements. :)

You're probably right, but if this is the same person who worked on the CMS legioss, I'm hoping the engineer has gone back and overhauled all of the weirdness of the CMS version and added more locking tabs to the whole thing. The VF-2SS has better approaches in engineering than the CMS legioss, so maybe we will see another leap of improvements. :)

I'm hoping you're right. I wan't aware of a CM's Corps association.

I believe, in all fairness, that the VF-2SS wasn't a total disaster, it was just over-priced, before being cleared for a far more reasonable price. The same thing happened with the CM's Legioss and Tread combo, which then received an add-on pack that fixed a few problems.

I'm hoping you're right. I wan't aware of a CM's Corps association.

I believe, in all fairness, that the VF-2SS wasn't a total disaster, it was just over-priced, before being cleared for a far more reasonable price. The same thing happened with the CM's Legioss and Tread combo, which then received an add-on pack that fixed a few problems.

The EVO VF-2SS was more than overpriced. It has a fighter mode that doesn't lock together. Screw covers that fall out instantly. Some bizarre design choices (tabs on the chest) etc.

Though they might not be line-art accurate, I'm quite satisfied with my old 1/35 and 1/100(?) Legiosses (Legiossi? What's the plural?). Granted the Legioss transformation isn't that difficult.

I'd be more interested in a durable, easy to transform ride armor. It could even be parts-formerish in my opinion.

My old Gakken is easy to transform and sturdy, but not easy to handle, where as my CM corp ride armor has me sweating bullets every time I want to change a pose.

I'm starting to think that best compromise would be a figure with a cycle that doesn't transform *AND* a a ride armor that clips onto the shoulders like a backpack.

New Mospeada toys is always a plus. Shows that there is interest. I guess they like the ships more than the motorcycles though. And what does non scale mean? Just best guess? I just would like to see something that's better than what's been already released.

New Mospeada toys is always a plus. Shows that there is interest. I guess they like the ships more than the motorcycles though. And what does non scale mean? Just best guess? I just would like to see something that's better than what's been already released.

I hope of non-scale means a good robust size. I tired all of these small legioss toys.

The pieces are all there.

You take the good stuff from the IMAI/Toynami one. (sculpt was pretty good. Legs stayed in fighter mode)

The better build of the CM/Gakken ones (better joints/quality)

Fine tune the proportions (maybe mimic the Moscato a bit...)

Presto.

WHO knows what this thing will look like.

By the way, there could be an international release announcement or prototype displayed during SDCC since it's going on the same week as WF.

Edited by Save

This?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153964017763285&substory_index=0&id=234880208284

I'm on my phone so difficult to copy the pic directly from Facebook .

No, that wasn't what I was referring to. That's just a fan prop.

Tomorrow night WF pics should start hitting the net. I'm ready for some legioss action and maybe some new ride armors?

Legioss, yes. Ride Armor, maybe next winter WF.

Thanks for posting Save. Not too shabby, need a few more pics especially in FIghter mode before giving any real opinions. B))

That little Ride-Armor looks pretty cool though!

Edited by 505thAirborne

I can say without hesitation that it looks much better than the CM's toy. There are some design choices I'd disagree with though. The two that leap out most quickly are the intakes sitting too high creating a valley for the head and the feet being too big and narrow. The arms also look really thick so I wonder if they're going for a fighter mode where there's no gap between the arms or a very small gap instead of a gap the same width as the arms themselves.

Edited by jenius

So i take it this is evo toys version?

Beefy looking! Potential seam line visibility down the legs if thats not handled properly..

will reserve tots till a more finalised version comes out, but am excited nevertheless.

btw, the ride armors are cool, they should be able to be stored into a storage compartment in fighter mode? I cant remember how it went...

The Good:

-Good large chest intakes. No dinky chesticles here.

- Big meaty hands that will hopefully hold the gunpod well.

- Appears to have lateral movement at the hip

- Size looks about 8 inches in height in solider mode?

- That better have a neck joint unlike the CMs one.

- I see a peg on the forearm for fighter mode.

i need to see fighter mode and how well they integrated the landing gear.