i'm super skeptical...i mean the legioss SHOULD be an easy design....its NOT complicated....yet aside from teh original gakken they all kind of fail. i've owned and still own the toynami and CM versions and they are pretty mediocre. the scale is also kinda annoying small. personally, i don't know what 'scale" it would be but i'd like the battroid mode to be about the same height as either a yamato 1/60 v2 vf-1s...or the original gakken (although that second option that would make the tlead super huge and spendy...it'd be huge as is if battroid mode of the legioss was about 8-9 inches tall lik ea yamato v2 vf-1s).

i wish bandai, arcadia, or megahouse was doing this

btw Save, that is a funny comment on why they think preorders are dropping. although i'm sure someone believes that is why preorders are taking a nosedive...i think there are other reasons...and if not showing a prototype...how about a 3D render? in any case, the prototype and test shots saved me from spending money on a subpar (IMO) VF-2S set (to their point..but)....so maybe how about they design something where people would be excited about prototype pics instead of being turned off by them? haha. i

I love the Gakken! One of my favorite toys as a kid. I wish it came with little figures on bikes though.

Oh no, I agree. I mean that since then we haven't had a toy worth mentioning.

As for expanding the line if this sells well, I dunno. Smaller toy companies usually cash on the popular mecha and then just run for it. it's weird to me to say this because I always root for the underdog, but if Bandai can take the risk and make a quality line of affordable support and enemy mecha with the Macross HM-R line, is probably because they're making good money with several other lines. What I'm saying is, we'll probably see ET TREADs (depending on the scale of this), but don't expect any Inbits.

Edit: BTW, There's a Lansay set up at eBay right now, if you're a hardcore collector with a lot of cash: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80s-Gakken-Lansay-Mospeada-Blue-Legioss-Tread-Robotech-Beta-Alpha-Macross-/400489340321?hash=item5d3f065da1:g:SEUAAMXQ8ABRlBuU

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

That photo was taken at Evolution Toy's Private Exhibition Gathering on Saturday April 2nd in Akihabara. It was a small invite only show for industry members and limited toy press, like Dengeki Online, prohibited photos probably will not surface. Why? Smaller companies exhibiting at events such as Miyazawa Mokei have said that their pre-order sales have taken a dive over the past three years. They believe it's because of mock-ups and prototypes are being mistaken for a finished product, so they are cracking down and only allowing photos of paint masters or printed details to be taken.

Does that mean that Evolution Toys already has a mock-up?

Ok, well I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Curious yes! Anticipating how much is this gonna be?

I'm curious as well. Looking forward to see prototypes soon even if this is made by Evolution Toys. And I don't see the big guns will ever produce this in the foreseeable future. ;)

Dare I say,... "MOSPEADA is BACK". Remember what happened last time someone here said to be on the lookout just before an event.

Tune in next week, maybe.

That sounds real cryptic, like the sound of motobikes revving in the distance? ^_^

Btw, on the post of picture of prototypes, am not sure if there would be any takers if there arent real solid photo's of prototypes.

But i get that if the smaller companies put out less than spectacular pics, probably it would take the wind out of pre-orders.

Proabably just a matter of determining if the prototype is of sufficient quality, else dont even display it.

Dare I say,... "MOSPEADA is BACK". Remember what happened last time someone here said to be on the lookout just before an event.

i hope you are right and that it is back. its one of the franchises that hasn't gotten a proper treatment to modern toy design. honestly i'd be fine if they started with the gakken and modernized it. second favorite toy as kid only behind the funkey monkey.

You never know, maybe some day! Those are must have pieces of Mecha!!

For sure! And I will buy them all over again. ;) I can disregard those upcoming Legioss but a good Ride Armors figures like Beagle's? I'll preorder first before sharing the links here. Hahaha! :lol:

For sure! And I will buy them all over again. ;) I can disregard those upcoming Legioss but a good Ride Armors figures like Beagle's? I'll preorder first before sharing the links here. Hahaha! :lol:

Yellow & Fukes Ride Armors should be the first ones made (if they ever do), those were always my favorites. The others can come later. You can PM me that link before sharing! :p

I hope this is real this time. I was severely disappointed from the last tease that turned out to be nothing.

I just wish a company picks up at where Beagle left. We need Yellow and Fuke's bikes!!

That would be nice if they started with Rook / Fuke. I think the Cyclone / Ride Armor is still one of the top anime bikes. I don't see why the market for them is so small.

Jenius posted something in my for sale thread that got my gears turning: what if it were possible to convert my 1/32 Legioss model kit patterns into a 1/32 variable toy?

I think you had a very good counterpoint though, maybe 1/32 is biting off too much. Perhaps the 1/48 would be the better route to go given the need to re-engineer some bits anyway to make it more of a toy (and open the possibility for a Tread later). While I genuinely really like the idea it's probably too niche to ever take off. If anyone is in the toy industry and thinks it's worth giving it a try I'm happy to spend some time on the project. I suppose it's best to wait and see what Evolution is working on any way. If they killed it there'd really be no market.

Well, Miyazawa Mokei has come and gone, and the Legioss was a no-show. It will however, be shown at this summer's WF. I was told a few very interesting things, but I've been asked to keep a lid on it for the time being.

Edited by Save

Well, Miyazawa Mokei has come and gone, and the Legioss was a no-show. It will however, be shown at this summer's WF. I was told a few very interesting things, but I've been asked to keep a lid on it for the time being.

Thanks for the update, when you are allowed to, tell us all that you know! B))

Aww and was hoping for some ride armors samples today too... :(

Well, I and I'm fairly certain another member here already knows this, actually a newer ride armor has been developed in the past four years. All I can say about it, is, LIMBO.

Summer Wonderfest, well that will be a decent wait. I hope the interesting tidbits are about being a larger size and being designed by someone who specializes in transforming triple changing robots.

Fingers crossed.

Thank you Save for keeping us informed!!!

There's still some hope, it's better than no news at all.

Sure thing, not many here in Japan that care enough about Mospeada to get the word out, or ask them pesky fanboy questions to Japanese staffers.

Thanks for the update, when you are allowed to, tell us all that you know! B))

You can always hope someone else opens their mouth first, if that happens I'll chime in with what I know.

Edited by Save

I think you had a very good counterpoint though, maybe 1/32 is biting off too much. Perhaps the 1/48 would be the better route to go given the need to re-engineer some bits anyway to make it more of a toy (and open the possibility for a Tread later). While I genuinely really like the idea it's probably too niche to ever take off. If anyone is in the toy industry and thinks it's worth giving it a try I'm happy to spend some time on the project. I suppose it's best to wait and see what Evolution is working on any way. If they killed it there'd really be no market.

I love the idea... and I for one would die to have a 1/32 Tread. If this ever goes anywhere PLEASE PM me as I'm not near as good at keeping up with the forums as I used to be.

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

1/6 Ride Armor is done! Check out the video:

made possible by magnets!!!!

The original blog: http://nosutaru.blog41.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html

Great use of magnets!

The news that Evolution is going to take a stab a Mospeada makes me cautiously hopeful... maybe if they commission the T-Rex team they can make some solid transforming toys for this license.

I hope this resurgance prompts Megahouse to revisit Mospeada... a Spec version of the Legioss would be a no-brainer purchase.