Beagle sold character figures just like Yamato. Their demise was just part of a bad time for businesses, higher costs, and a flooded market, IMO...

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?manufacturer_strict=1&manufacturer_id=7978

I remembered that my Motoko figure was originally a Beagle, Vice, and Alter deal. I guess that's old age or something. Still according to MyFigureCollection they didn't produce that much.

Someone should add an entry for Rook in the MyFigureCollection database. I just joined up over there. Perhaps I'll figure out how to do it. Maybe interest will get some company to notice.

If you guys really do want MOSPEADA stuff, this is me firing a warning shot across your collective bows! :p I intend to offer-up a 1/48 L3g10$$ soldier kit in August which I will post in the workshop section. All 3 head and decal variants in one: express yourself or forever hold your peace :ph34r:

Count me in for one, Captain.

A very small addition but i've finally added the headlights to the Bartley. They will be having added details on the reverse so that when they swivel around they will appear closed as they do in ridearmor mode.

I think I may also redo Houquet's boots and calf armor once the bike is done.

post-3271-0-55380100-1438006267_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-04247500-1438007673_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

I agree. Either her or the Yellow SHOULD have been first or at the very least 2nd behind the "hero" Stick/Scott bike. Everyone would have hit that up. I would have released them in this order...

1)Stick/Scott

2)Yellow

3)Rook

4)Ray (and to keep interest up for a few bucks more, include a articulated Annie "Mint" figure that could have stood beside or been riding on the bike with Ray)

Edited by derex3592

I agree. Either her or the Yellow SHOULD have been first or at the very least 2nd behind the "hero" Stick/Scott bike. Everyone would have hit that up. I would have released them in this order...

1)Stick/Scott

2)Yellow

3)Rook

4)Ray (and to keep interest up for a few bucks more, include a articulated Annie "Mint" figure that could have stood beside or been riding on the bike with Ray)

Agreed! I think cost wise though it was easy to just roll Ray out as #2. Lame we never got Yellow or Houquet(Fuke).

1)Stick/Scott

2)Yellow

3)Rook

THIS. Exactly . . . ( shoulda / coulda )

Oh, great. The one of the white sidepieces is cracked along the hinge that allows it to swing to close around the rider's body in armor node.

Are there any shapeways replacements out there?

Edited by Alex

Something in a deep, dark place in the back of my brain just stopped working for a second.... did I read what I think that says is something that someday could be a thing?

That thing could potentially be a thing, but first the other thing has to be a thing... Otherwise that second thing has nothing to link to :lol:

1/32 would have been nightmarishly large for a TREAD, but 1/48 is still borderline feasible. I intend to base the Legioss on my 1/32 model proportion-wise and can make it such that, while not actually variable, an astute modeler could build it into fighter mode with a few updated or scratchbuilt parts. Assuming that demand is there, of course.

I just started watching the series, and now I want a legioss toy. Who makes the best one? I wanted to hate the Legioss, but I find myself oddly compelled to like it. Maybe it's the fact that it reminds me of heavy gear somewhat, and some of the chunky battletech designs I loved in my youth.

So far the story is pretty good, i'm only 2 episodes in though. It's not lacking much, but I get the feeling it's going to get repetitive, and I dread that. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, or that there is at least some compelling stuff later in the show that will offset the repetition somewhat.

It feels familiar to Macross, while being different enough to be unique. I can see why Harmony Gold chose to kluge it together with Macross, but I'm liking it so far as a completely unrelated work.

Gakken 1/35 is the best Legioss toy. The second best would by Toynami's MPC Alpha which does a really good job looking the part but the build quality is crap, the fists are made of recycled eraser dust, and frustration should be the expectation.

Yep. the 1/35 Gakken is a fantastic toy. But if you want something to play around with then the MPC is, as Jenius said, crap. Though very line accurate.

If you want a smaller Legioss to mess around with and actually have it survive intact then go for the CM's legioss/Tread set or any of the single CM Legioss releases like the Dark Legioss. Less line accurate but solidly built.

Cool, I'd probably go for the CM's since you say the build quality is superior to the Toynami and Aoshima. I wonder if it's due to issues with the design, and I can't help but wonder if Arcadia or Bandai couldn't do it better.

Anyway, I got a couple more episodes in, and the show is rather formulaic, but it's proving enjoyable. I do like the freedom fighter angle that the show is going for, and the whole thing seems to be pretty refreshing.

You're going to have to make some compromises no matter which you choose. The Gakken is large, sturdy, and does a decent job emulating the anime look in its basic shape and proportions. On the minus side, it reflects early 80s robot toy aesthetics -- i.e., being rather bulky, limited articulation (though good for it's time), and is missing a lot of paint details. The Toynamis do the best job emulating the look of the anime, but they have the worst build quality. Your best bet if you buy one is to pick a mode you like to display it in and never touch it again. CMs are well-built, but they have cartoonish proportions, and I mean that not in a good way.

If you decide to get a Gakken, there are usually several floating around on eBay at any given moment. I've seen them go for a Benjamin or two depending on the condition. CMs seem to be hard to come by unless you're willing to deal with foreign sellers. The Toynamis are tricky... there's decent stock on eBay, but everything I see is listed for ridiculous prices -- $100-$300. Considering the build quality, I wouldn't pay anything near that. I bought both of my Toynami Alphas second-hand for about $60-$70 each, which is around what the retail price was when it was released. I'd say that's about what it's worth, no more.

The Legioss is a nice design, but I think the ride armor is the coolest mecha from that series and thankfully they actually did manage to make a couple of pretty good toys of that one.

Edited by SuperSenpai

The ride armor is intriguing, and definitely the star of the show, mecha wise. I just like how the legioss looks, like I said before it looks like a Heavy Gear mech (which I know came later and was probably inspired in part by mospeada). It just feels like something that I should have in my collection because it's different.

The Gakken I think is too big, I'm thinking the CM's is probably the way I would go, because of playability, durability, and the comparative size seems to be around where my 1/60 scale Macross toys are.

The legioss just hits me in the feels. I'd think about selling my soul for one if bandai made it to the same quality as their new DX Chogokin toys...

I would definitely go for the CMs if it's playability you want. Though the proportions are a lot lankier than the Toynami.

I would go to Anymoon.com first if I were you. There's a really detailed comparison of the CMs and Toynami. Just go to the CMs section listed in the right hand menu.

I did not realize the Legioss was that small. I thnk the CM's is the way I'm going to go.

For those of you with the CM's 1/48 and a 1/48 yamato VF-1, how do the pilot figures compare, are they about the same size, or is the CM's undersized? That's the true test I suppose. I'll be waiting a while before I decide to purchase, as I have a scad of Macross toys to get.