LOL!

Apparently the people who preordered through BBTS received an e-mail earlier this month saying that Toynami had cancelled the Alphas. This is really embarassing, even by Toynami's low standards. Barely 4 months after announcing these Alphas, interest was so low that the product's already dead and buried.

Their reputation is catching up with them even with the casual fan. Though to be fair I don't think they promoted this rerelease enough. I barely heard about it and promptly forgot about it till today.

LOL!

Apparently the people who preordered through BBTS received an e-mail earlier this month saying that Toynami had cancelled the Alphas. This is really embarassing, even by Toynami's low standards. Barely 4 months after announcing these Alphas, interest was so low that the product's already dead and buried.

At least this saves them from making the shipping container on a boat in HK excuse.

It seemed like a half-hearted effort from the outset. If they wanted to sell these toys they needed to be touting all the improvements and have a mock-up where all the seams were flush and the hands were made of plastic. Of course, with these days of renewals people would have wanted to see bigger improvements than just materials, especially at the inflated price. Any future Mospeada products will need to originate out of Japan with Toynami acting merely as a distributor.

It seemed like a half-hearted effort from the outset. If they wanted to sell these toys they needed to be touting all the improvements and have a mock-up where all the seams were flush and the hands were made of plastic. Of course, with these days of renewals people would have wanted to see bigger improvements than just materials, especially at the inflated price. Any future Mospeada products will need to originate out of Japan with Toynami acting merely as a distributor.

+1 ;)

...and just finish the Beagle Mospeada line. :rolleyes:

+1 ;)

...and just finish the Beagle Mospeada line. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think or hope that people have had enough with these weak re-releases of the same thing. If Toynami wants to make something finish Rook's Cyclone Ride Armor. Or get some company in Japan to make high quality Alpha Fighters. I haven't seen one yet. Honestly, it's kind of surprising to me that a company like Toynami still exists.

Yeah I think or hope that people have had enough with these weak re-releases of the same thing. If Toynami wants to make something finish Rook's Cyclone Ride Armor. Or get some company in Japan to make high quality Alpha Fighters. I haven't seen one yet. Honestly, it's kind of surprising to me that a company like Toynami still exists.

They just know how to cling forever to nostalgia. :rolleyes:

It's quite possible that the intellectual property is simply reaching the end of its lucrative life. The minimum investment to acquire/maintain the license and invest in tooling for something as complicated as a transforming toy/collectible may no longer be bankable. Rather than whigning about "unacceptable" existing products, I very much foresee a future where the few remaining fans will be lamenting the lack of any MOSPEADA collectibles.

i think cap may have a point, BUT i do think there is a market for mospeada stuff still. the late naughts brought a revival of sorts but the product was lackluster. i'm kinda wondering why no TF "3P" companies have jumped on it. a legioss/alpha fighter is a fairly simple design. although its a small mecha i'd love to see it done where the battroid/soldier mode is roughly the height of a 1/60 yamato vf-1. done in the same types of finish and quality (i think for instance maketoys is capable as well as the fansmaketoys) . of course the fact that nobody has done it could mean there isn't a market, but if there is....it leaves independents like cap....an open door? :-)

Megahouse could follow their Orguss release with a Hi-Spec Legioss - I think they would do well with it.

Fuke and Yellow ride-armors to match the Beagles would still sell very well IMO, regardless of time lapse since the series aired . . .

I'm all for that. :) Even if they redo a Stick and Ley as long that they're going to complete it, I'm in! Just make the price reasonable. Hahaha! :lol:

Let's bug Megahouse/Bandai for that. :rolleyes:

Megahouse could follow their Orguss release with a Hi-Spec Legioss - I think they would do well with it.

Fuke and Yellow ride-armors to match the Beagles would still sell very well IMO, regardless of time lapse since the series aired . . .

if megahouse did it though it'd be like $300 again :-(

as much nolstagia as the orguss brought i coudln't part with the $300 for it.

if megahouse did it though it'd be like $300 again :-(

as much nolstagia as the orguss brought i coudln't part with the $300 for it.

True. But if it's going to be on-scale with the Beagle, guess that's ok. Already paid $300 too on Beagle's Stick before. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember when the Rook Cyclone / Ride Armor was first previewed. However, I do remember people both here and on Robotech.com forums wanted it. Have there ever been Kickstarter toys? Maybe Toynami should have looked into that. Or they can now. It's really the least they can do. The big Comic Convention is next week and Anime Expo is this weekend. I wonder what Toynami will have for anime fans?

I still believe that Beagle should have released Rook first. The girls sell fast. Then they can make the others. Few people were going to buy two of the same Cyclone. I would have purchased Rook and Lancer. Then maybe Rand. Scott's bike gives me too many nightmares from that older version.

Be it model kits, toys or whatever, Hoquet/Fuke/Rook products have been pegwarmers here in Japan. Stick sells out first in every case where those 2 have product out. Beagle would have gone out of business earlier if they released Hoquet/Fuke/Rook first.

I can't remember when the Rook Cyclone / Ride Armor was first previewed. However, I do remember people both here and on Robotech.com forums wanted it. Have there ever been Kickstarter toys? Maybe Toynami should have looked into that. Or they can now. It's really the least they can do. The big Comic Convention is next week and Anime Expo is this weekend. I wonder what Toynami will have for anime fans?

I still believe that Beagle should have released Rook first. The girls sell fast. Then they can make the others. Few people were going to buy two of the same Cyclone. I would have purchased Rook and Lancer. Then maybe Rand. Scott's bike gives me too many nightmares from that older version.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Be it model kits, toys or whatever, Hoquet/Fuke/Rook products have been pegwarmers here in Japan. Stick sells out first in every case where those 2 have product out. Beagle would have gone out of business earlier if they released Hoquet/Fuke/Rook first.

Sad but true :(

2018 is the 35th anniversary.

I've noticed that everything I wish for in my life ends up happening.

...so I am still wishing for a 1/6 scale Beagle Stick.

With screw holes hidden.

No cloth (perhaps rubber or just molded plastic)

stronger fuel tank seat connection.

Tread tires.

Perfect transformation..no taking the head off.

Saddle bags and camp fire.

...made to order.

...Thanx in advance 35th anniversary!!!.

2018 is the 35th anniversary.

I've noticed that everything I wish for in my life ends up happening.

...so I am still wishing for a 1/6 scale Beagle Stick.

With screw holes hidden.

No cloth (perhaps rubber or just molded plastic)

stronger fuel tank seat connection.

Tread tires.

Perfect transformation..no taking the head off.

Saddle bags and camp fire.

...made to order.

...Thanx in advance 35th anniversary!!!.

Not quite Beagle but a great 1/6 custom Stick: http://nosutaru.blog41.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html

Really? I would think a pretty blonde girl and bike would sell fast. But I haven't seen a good figure of Rook yet. Perhaps that's why. Still I think releasing basically two of the same bike at a high price wasn't a good idea. I guess they were waiting on sales to go ahead with Rook. I would love to know their sales projections and how they thought it was going to work out. I don't live in Japan so I don't know how they marketed and sold the line.

Perhaps one day I'll try to commission something. I want both the Cyclone and Rook. The Cyclone will be the difficult part.

It saddens me to say, that I don't think there was a point where MOSPEADA toys were lucrative. Gakken, CM`s, and Beagle are either dead, or no longer producing toys. Of the MOSPEADA toymakers only Megahouse survives, because they stopped before completing the line, and had their main moneymaker of cute girl figures to fall back on.

People were far too picky when deciding not to buy "unacceptable" products and directly contributed to the death of these companies, eliminating the chance to get more MOSPEADA toys in the future.

It's quite possible that the intellectual property is simply reaching the end of its lucrative life. The minimum investment to acquire/maintain the license and invest in tooling for something as complicated as a transforming toy/collectible may no longer be bankable. Rather than whigning about "unacceptable" existing products, I very much foresee a future where the few remaining fans will be lamenting the lack of any MOSPEADA collectibles.

As an example, at R###TECH.COM the blue and green treads are sold out, only the red one, Rooks is still in stock. She sells the slowest in Japan, and in the US.

Really? I would think a pretty blonde girl and bike would sell fast. But I haven't seen a good figure of Rook yet. Perhaps that's why. Still I think releasing basically two of the same bike at a high price wasn't a good idea. I guess they were waiting on sales to go ahead with Rook. I would love to know their sales projections and how they thought it was going to work out. I don't live in Japan so I don't know how they marketed and sold the line.

Perhaps one day I'll try to commission something. I want both the Cyclone and Rook. The Cyclone will be the difficult part.

The idea of buying the bad or reissue toy only to someday, maybe get a new or better toy sounds like Toynami's way of thinking. That's what they are saying about a new Voltron. I don't buy that nor do I waste my money on stuff that isn't as good as it can be. Rook's Alpha is just the same bad model in overly done packaging. I sold my original blue Alpha because I hated that toy. Just because I want a red version I'm not going to get the same bad toy in red paint.

I think with a lot of these shows, many will get the main or popular character first. If the toy is bad then even more so they'll just get the main one and call it quits. I think the Bubblegum Crisis motoslaves were like that. Many, including me weren't fond of that toy. But people who just wanted one anyway only got Priss.

I still bet if Beagle released that Rook prototype first, then had Scott second, people would have waited and purchased Rook in large numbers. I just think that because the Rook prototype looked impressive. And I don't think there is a comparable transforming bike toy like it out to this day.

Edited by JetJockey

Well you don't really have to take the head off, it's doable just a matter of training practice, so ganbare!

I tried it a few times but was too afraid of scratching the face plate or tampo .

...but if I ever try again and succeed..I'll definately ganbare..haha.

Not quite Beagle but a great 1/6 custom Stick: http://nosutaru.blog41.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html

thanx Major Tom for the link..but it's blocked, can't see it.

Here is an example, Yamato`s first YF-19. It was very bad, and was not as good as it could have been. The sculpt was far from anime accurate, the QA was very bad. Parts broke if you looked at it funny. But, people bought it. And bought enough for the company to make a profit, which was put back into improving the sculpt and production quality. And with each not quite good as it could be reissue, and new versions, we bought allot of them. And it continues to this day where more YF-19`s are being produced. Because we went ahead and bought the bad toy.

The idea of buying the bad or reissue toy only to someday, maybe get a new or better toy sounds like Toynami's way of thinking. That's what they are saying about a new Voltron. I don't buy that nor do I waste my money on stuff that isn't as good as it can be. Rook's Alpha is just the same bad model in overly done packaging. I sold my original blue Alpha because I hated that toy. Just because I want a red version I'm not going to get the same bad toy in red paint.

I think with a lot of these shows, many will get the main or popular character first. If the toy is bad then even more so they'll just get the main one and call it quits. I think the Bubblegum Crisis motoslaves were like that. Many, including me weren't fond of that toy. But people who just wanted one anyway only got Priss.

I still bet if Beagle released that Rook prototype first, then had Scott second, people would have waited and purchased Rook in large numbers. I just think that because the Rook prototype looked impressive. And I don't think there is a comparable transforming bike toy like it out to this day.

Look I love Mospeada but at this point there probably won't be anything else. Even the 30th was not celebrated. :(

Not even the American version in Robotech is popular enough here anymore to help. Enjoy what we got and next time Moscato posts a Mospeada kit that is your next chance.

Oh ye of little faith... I think we'll see another Mospeada product... and i think we'll even see a Houquet and Yellow. If Orguss lives on so shall Mospeada.

I will say this though, the toy they SHOULD make first is Yellow (if doing ride armors). Everyone wants Yellow's ride armor. It seems like Japan loves Yellow too, he's always on the DVD covers and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an example, Yamato`s first YF-19. It was very bad, and was not as good as it could have been. The sculpt was far from anime accurate, the QA was very bad. Parts broke if you looked at it funny. But, people bought it. And bought enough for the company to make a profit, which was put back into improving the sculpt and production quality. And with each not quite good as it could be reissue, and new versions, we bought allot of them. And it continues to this day where more YF-19`s are being produced. Because we went ahead and bought the bad toy.

That was Yamato though and they had other stuff to fall back on. I don't think Beagle sold anything else. And certainly not anything that would cover them like Yamato with a bunch of other toys.

With all this talk of beagles I thought i'd post these again. I really hope someone picks up where beagle left off.

...U did an amazing job Alex. Thanks for reposting those, I remembered all the work u put into it!!!