Seeing as he used a War Machine fig for the body of his Stick figure, smart money says Rook's head most likely came from a Pepper fig. It does look a lot like Gwynneth Paltrow, frankly.

The head is actually from an Avengers Assemble Black Widow. There's never been a 3.75" scale Pepper Potts figure made to my knowledge... but yeah, anyone can flip this head into a Potts custom super easy. =)

The head is actually from an Avengers Assemble Black Widow. There's never been a 3.75" scale Pepper Potts figure made to my knowledge... but yeah, anyone can flip this head into a Potts custom super easy. =)

LOL, I could have sworn it looked just like Gywnneth Paltrow!

If I have some time in between this current project (and some current customs) maybe I'll do those up really quick. You guys don't mind the rough texture of the Shapeways nylon material?

I wouldn't mind replacing some of that internal mechanisms in the leg and the back that makes the hips click. Otherwise those things are great.

For the wings I would use the white soft and flexible material... it's the only one that could withstand a metal rod hinge. Fortunately it's a lot cheaper than the material that the figures need. That one is not as strong but the detail is incredible. For the gun, I'd probably use the wsf also, but in black. And it wouldn't be solid. That's what would make it too expensive.

thanks! Took a couple of pictures earlier this week. Haven't had time to do all of them but I wanted to see how one look primered.

Here's one before sanding.

post-151-0-36640500-1389326857_thumb.jpg

And here it is after... I'll take a better pic tomorrow with some tips.

post-151-0-39298100-1389326856_thumb.jpg

Yup, that one is yours David.

So here's the figure lightened up so you can see how the lines are gone...

post-151-0-62203500-1389382454_thumb.jpg

I used emery boards or the filing sticks you use for your nails, these handy dandy diamond files that can get into the nooks and crannies

post-151-0-73450600-1389382453_thumb.jpg

Each color represent how fine the grits are and then finally I use automotive scuffing pads. I use these for everything right before I paint... it really gives models a smooth texture. Just make sure you use these with a mask or wet sand with them... they have aluminum dust coming out of them when you use them.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-06947-Scuffing-Hand-Maroon/dp/B000BI2M3Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1389382325&sr=1-3&keywords=scuffing+pads

You can get these sometimes at Home Depot or Art Stores. Don't get the Scotch Brite or 3M type. You need the really soft fine type. After you use these dust them it with compressed air and they make your paint layer look like factory (as long as you paint evenly). make sure your paint is thinned properly (has milky consistency) and you might have to clear coat between layers so it doesn't get muddy.

Hi Bastien... I sold off all my Toynami Alphas and Betas so I won't have any references. Also, my Mospeada plate is quite full right now. I sill have to make all the cyclones, ride armors, each one in storage mode, each character in armor and in regular clothing, inbit protectors and the inbits themselves. How do those pudgy creatures fit in the protector suits?

I would say try jasonc to see if he can make that cannon. I've ever even seen it before. Is that a Robotech only piece?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yup, that one is yours David.

So here's the figure lightened up so you can see how the lines are gone...

I used emery boards or the filing sticks you use for your nails, these handy dandy diamond files that can get into the nooks and crannies

Each color represent how fine the grits are and then finally I use automotive scuffing pads. I use these for everything right before I paint... it really gives models a smooth texture. Just make sure you use these with a mask or wet sand with them... they have aluminum dust coming out of them when you use them. You can get these sometimes at Home Depot or Art Stores. Don't get the Scotch Brite or 3M type. You need the really soft fine type. After you use these dust them it with compressed air and they make your paint layer look like factory (as long as you paint evenly). make sure your paint is thinned properly (has milky consistency) and you might have to clear coat between layers so it doesn't get muddy.

Thanks EXO, for the updates! wow! i'm more and more glad i brought your figures, they are looking great!

My first Shapeways purchase just arrived....1:48. Great job EXO!!!

Does anyone know how to go about a form of cleanup for these guys? EXO?

I just saw your added question... I've heard people put them in ovens or leave their parts in cars on a hot day... but lately for this type resin, I just leave them soaking in a small cup of Coca-Cola for an hour. The corrosive acid will take away that gunky feeling, Then wash it in warm soap water. I have a sonic tooth brush dedicated to hobby parts and it cleans it pretty well. I don't really primer the pieces before I sand them. I just wanted to see how much line there was to compare them to another printer's material. The build lines actually acts as a natural guide coat. As soon as I don't see them anymore then I know it's ready to be painted. Wash them again, blow off water with compressed air or air dry... ready for paint!

Edited by EXO
Note to self... stop drinking soda...

ok..thanks..i got some coke..will try that tonight. As this is my first outing with Shapeways...some parts of the figures look "clear" and some parts look covered with a chalk type finish..is there any one way they should look? Or is that kinda just the way it is?

that's how that material looks... it's just the stepping (layering of the material). It appears on certain angles of the print. That's actually good that all you see if the "Frosting". On other materials you actually see steps. The frosting disappears with light sanding. Steps on other materials either have to be puttied or you have to do a lot of sanding. Here it is on the white strong and flexible (WSF)...

post-151-0-08960100-1389638415_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm hoping we get more mospeada stuff in the future, i really like the gurab kit and the mars base figures. here's hoping 2014 is a good year of cool stuff.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hello Folks

I was wondering if anyone has any information on any Inbit kits in 1/72 Scale?? I have some old Armo Soldier and Fighter kits that I would love to pose next to any type of 1/72 Inbit kit or figures I could find.

Thanks for any info Forthcoming!!!

Dkev

Edited by dkev