Guest davidwhangchoi

Ooo man :) EXO pm'd me an update of the 1/48's i ordered and mailed to paint and now i see more angles of the 1/48 scale figures. they look great.

so excited!!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys... I've actually been called away to another Mospeada project. I'll ask them if I can post it here when the design part is done. It's gonna be huge! I'll get back to designing the bikes and ride armors once it's done. I'll also be adding character figures to the sets.

Cool8or, I'll upload the ground crew in 1/72 when I have the chance. I think I might have to redesign it for 1/48. I want to add wrinkles to the clothes and make it look good in bigger scales. More pilots and characters coming up in these tiny scales... not all mospeada... here's a sneak.

post-151-0-87628400-1387566797_thumb.jpg

Exo, you are doing an amazing job, I hope to see and get all that projects very soon. You have all my support!!

And that Macross pilot, have all the attitude... Well done my friend!!

I don't really make it onto MW much anymore since I've transitioned more into Marvel figure collecting and customizing, but I thought this would be fun to post. I've been wanting to do customs of Macross and Mospeada characters with Marvel Universe line articulation for a while, and this is the first one out of the gate. Custom Mospeada Stick live action movie concept figure I made yesterday... I dug out the old Matchbox helmet and bike, and they're perfectly in scale with him. Still need to finish a few details on him (shoulder insignias and sculpt his chest armor more) and also going to give the helmet and bike a good custom repaint once over, but he's more or less done. Rook is up next. Enjoy!

@Jenius - I'm actually interested in that Megahouse figure if you still have it. PM me and let me know what you're asking for it. I'll be down in the bay area at some point this week, so maybe I can pick it up if you're around... =)

med_gallery_14163_580_7335.jpg

med_gallery_14163_580_88225.jpg

med_gallery_14163_580_382495.jpg

med_gallery_14163_580_417338.jpg

med_gallery_14163_580_281599.jpg

Thinking about selling my Toynami MP Rand. I love the engineering and look of it... but it's not a very fun or practical piece otherwise.

It's almost impossible to display without the giant stand, and any time you try to change the pose part of the armor pops out.

I guess you can't expect much better, and I doubt anybody will come back to ride armor any time soon, but yeah... just feels like a nice statue other than a fun toy.

I'm please that it seems to be selling for around $240 now on ebay though. That's about $80 bucks more than I paid a few months ago.

If storage space or funds aren't an issue, I'd say hang on to your MP Rand at least until the 35th anniversary.

A little bit of patience and hair width adjustments to the hips/knees/ankles can come up with some really dynamic poses without the stand.

For example start with a really wide "A stance" pose bent at the knees ( or what I like to call a "horse riding" stance without the horse)

And with minor rotations/adjustments of the hips/knees/ankles.

Once you come across a pose you like...thats when the patience come in ..again it'll be minor adjustments.

Eventually you'll find the figure's center balance, then press gently down on his head to "lock" the joints in place.

I like to let it rest up against a wall standing in that pose for a few hrs/day , I find that after that the figure becomes stiff in that pose.

The figure retains a "memory" so to speak of that pose...and then it's glamour shots for this thread.

(Wow I really am a nerd)

Lol.. I forgot to mention that in armor mode, with the arm gauntlet's peg holes you can leave the peg OUT of the hole closest to the elbow joint which will allow the forearm to almost have a full ROM towards the bicep ...you'll come up with some cool poses with the upper body in armor mode ...I can't wait to go back to Australia and get my hands on my Beagles again!