Guest davidwhangchoi

Come on guys, we only need eight or nine more people to sign up for the captains purple shock trooper kit.....let's do this!!!!

+9 :) hope we find them!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Oh, so not looking forward to that. I did see some awesome little decal kits online that have various eyes you can apply on figures. I'll be using one for Houquet's eyes if I decide to stick with this current headsculpt.

Sorry if this has been discussed to death in the past (i've only just discovered we had a mospeada thread here on MW and went back about 15 pages or so of threads), but has anyone attempted to make/remake/redesign the flawed components of the MPC Alpha from toynami (other than the hands)? I have a few and i'm deathly scared to handle them. For instance the hands feel like they will crumble. I know back when the V2 VF-1's had crappy shoulders someone (VF5s?) made some shapeways shulder hinges for people. Anyone addressing the MPC alpha issues? I do have the CMs legioss and tread too (just one set was enough for me to stop though) but i don't like it as much for some reason (probably because i think its a 50-80 dollar toy that was sold for close to $300 back in the day....i got it at STEEP discount but STILL....i prefer the toynami sculpts and would love it if someone had already looked into that. ahha

Edited by Mechapilot77

Sorry if this has been discussed to death in the past (i've only just discovered we had a mospeada thread here on MW and went back about 15 pages or so of threads), but has anyone attempted to make/remake/redesign the flawed components of the MPC Alpha from toynami (other than the hands)? I have a few and i'm deathly scared to handle them. For instance the hands feel like they will crumble. I know back when the V2 VF-1's had crappy shoulders someone (VF5s?) made some shapeways shulder hinges for people. Anyone addressing the MPC alpha issues? I do have the CMs legioss and tread too (just one set was enough for me to stop though) but i don't like it as much for some reason (probably because i think its a 50-80 dollar toy that was sold for close to $300 back in the day....i got it at STEEP discount but STILL....i prefer the toynami sculpts and would love it if someone had already looked into that. ahha

I agree with you on the CMs vs the Toynami/Aoshima comparison. I think to make the Toynami better would require some serious tooling. Also if you take the Aoshima version and fix that up would be easier as it has already the less DIE CAST version of that toy. Yes there is DIE CAST in the Toynami but it is all in the wrong spots.

Sorry to derail the topic for a moment but something really sucky happened.

My Beagle Stick was stolen.

I was taking it out to show someone. Put it in the box and was carrying it in a clear bag. Maybe that was a mistake. Sat down on the train with it in the overhead compartment. Was texting but, hell, it's Japan. I see people leave wallets on tables in cafes while they go to the toilet.

So, I get to my stop and when I reach up to get my Beagle...yeeeeeah.

Worst part is I am pretty sure it was this arrogant frakking looking businessman who stole it. He was the only one standing next to me.

frakk!

addendum;

Awwww, frakk. That means I gotta sow up another red jumpsuit for another Stick. frakk you, random Japanese guy!

Edited by Alex

Sorry to derail the topic for a moment but something really sucky happened.

My Beagle Stick was stolen.

I was taking it out to show someone. Put it in the box and was carrying it in a clear bag. Maybe that was a mistake. Sat down on the train with it in the overhead compartment. Was texting but, hell, it's Japan. I see people leave wallets on tables in cafes while they go to the toilet.

So, I get to my stop and when I reach up to get my Beagle...yeeeeeah.

Worst part is I am pretty sure it was this arrogant frakking looking businessman who stole it. He was the only one standing next to me.

frakk!

addendum;

Awwww, frakk. That means I gotta sow up another red jumpsuit for another Stick. frakk you, random Japanese guy!

That SUCKS! :(

I suppose there's no way you can check security footage or anything? Probably not.

Was it an actual Beagle or a Toynami? The latter being much easier to replace at least.

Was texting but, hell, it's Japan. I see people leave wallets on tables in cafes while they go to the toilet.

Whoa. That's a big no-no. Are you sure those are wallets they are leaving? One always takes ones wallet (read valuables) when one leaves their belongings at the table (etc.) in Japan. ALWAYS.

It sucks what happened. Nevertheless, did you report it to the local Koban?

Thanks for the support :)

I'm pretty sure i've seen people leave wallets on tables in cafes, McD's etc. Other valuables at least.

I'm just annoyed with myself for being so careless. Didn't report it to the police though. Honestly, it wouldn't get me anything. Fuuuuuuu....

Pelvic crustaceons sounds about right.

I agree with you on the CMs vs the Toynami/Aoshima comparison. I think to make the Toynami better would require some serious tooling. Also if you take the Aoshima version and fix that up would be easier as it has already the less DIE CAST version of that toy. Yes there is DIE CAST in the Toynami but it is all in the wrong spots.

wait, i didn't realize there was a difference between the construction of the aoshima and the toynami. i thought they wre basically the same except for the deco and some under chest missiles? is it the toynami one i really want though. i prefer its deco and also the packaging is second to none IMO. only one on ebay right now and its $299 ( i wan the scott/stick variant).