Ahhh - the much debated Beagle release order.

Me - I would play dirty and do the red Fuke second but leave out the bazooka. Then include it and a Mint figure in the Ray release third.

That way you get large orders for all three and raise funds for the Yellow fourth... But - they didn't...

Yeah but it was the easiest and cheapest move. Not a lot to remold. But I agree, if they would have done Rook then Lancer they would have kept high interest in the line and could have milked it in the end with the Rand for the completest.

Everyone who thinks Ray shouldn't have been second is ignoring business economics. The fact Beagle didn't survive long enough to get Houquet out means we were very lucky to get Ray, not that Houquet should have been earlier. I think it's just a bummer that Beagle happened when it did. It was the worst possible time. Had they shown up to the party today with the economy on the mend they may have been better off... maybe not though, it's still a tiny niche and it's not like Robotech has done anything to make Toynami want to order more units.

I would have loved to see a quality modern Legioss or more ride armor toys. But frankly, I'm just counting my blessings that we got anything after Gakken's releases. It's pretty amazing that we got any Mospeada merchandise at all past the 80's. From what I understand, Mospeada was not nearly as popular as Macross, and the lack of any follow-up anime (excepting Love Live Alive) seems to support this. Considering the popularity of Macross vs. Mospeada and the fact that we still call Macross a "niche" franchise (at least outside of Japan), I'm surprised that any company would be willing to take the risk to put out Mospeada toys. I'd liken it to some American company deciding to release modern versions of toys from defunct 80s cartoons like Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors or M.A.S.K.

Going to be cutting up my broken Beagle any day now. Ok, that sounds so wrong :)

Wanted to ask exactly what the differences are between the Blow Superior and the other Mospeada. There's the shape of the bike cowl, the shape of the seat and the exhaust at the back. The wheels have different arm gauntlets, of course. Wheels are beefier.

Are there any other major differences i'm not seeing?

Oh, and cheers Robodragon. Awesopme comparison shots. That helps me out a lot!

Hmm. Looks to be a pretty good match for the 1/10 scale. Perhaps a tiny bit smaller.

Edited by Alex

Stripped down Beagle. Once the 1/12 Blow Superior kit arrives I can start deciding what will be canninalized from that or will have to be scratchbuilt. Really hoping the seat and cowl are big enough to integrate.

Edit

Hmm. Photo does not seem to be showing up for me.

Sexy! Would buy.

They should have released this after the Stick bike.

I'm sure that releasing Ley directly after the similar Stick turned off a lot of people.

I think everyone here would have picked up the Rook Cyclone / Ride Armor. It's awesome. Sad that we didn't get it and Toynami showed little business interest in giving funds to help.

Should have been....

Stick

Yellow

Houquet/Fuke

Rey/Ray

Shadow Variants.

:)

Nope. My order:

Rook / Houquet / Fuke

- Always release the girls first. With all the girl figures that sell, it's crazy that one of the best anime bikes didn't get made first.

Tie between:

Stick / Scott

Yellow / Lancer

- Lancer's bike is cooler but Scott is the main one. I prefer Lancer's bike.

Going to be cutting up my broken Beagle any day now. Ok, that sounds so wrong :)

Wanted to ask exactly what the differences are between the Blow Superior and the other Mospeada. There's the shape of the bike cowl, the shape of the seat and the exhaust at the back. The wheels have different arm gauntlets, of course. Wheels are beefier.

Are there any other major differences i'm not seeing?

Oh, and cheers Robodragon. Awesopme comparison shots. That helps me out a lot!

Hmm. Looks to be a pretty good match for the 1/10 scale. Perhaps a tiny bit smaller.

It is few basic details.

1.) The 10th division helmet is slightly different than than the later 21st division or even the Jupiter helmets(Fuke).

2.) The front area has the RPG launchers built into the chest

3.) The Saber arm guards

4.) The exhaust runs in a single tube directly out of the back of the bike instead of the duel exhaust like the VR-052

5.) The maneuver thrusters in the rear of the bike on sides next to seat exit down instead of being intakes on the VR-052

Check out page 041 of the Mospeada Complete Art works for a nice diagram.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my copy of that book.

No worries. Have lllllllloads of online reference images.

Also, does anyone have (ideally) a 1/15 Fuke kit built that they can compare to the 1/10 Beagle? Preferably standing.

Edited by Alex

Don't leave any DNA evidence...I'd go a full-body bio-hazard suit.

OR... shave your head and eyebrows,arms,chest(back??),legs , wear socks..burn all clothes and change the tread on your car/bicycle...or just burn/blow 'em up....did I forget anything..oh yeah don't smoke any cigs and leave the butts.