I don't think that's a fair comparison. The market is flooded with VF-1's of nearly every variation. Ride Armors are far more limited.

I guess I'm just confused by New Generation/Mospeada fans lamenting the lack of quality merchandise, when quality merchandise is languishing on the shelves.

These might have been the ones liquidated by Beagle and were "on a boat" for a while. I got the Scott's and Rey for about $100 at F&S when they first came out. But I also went ahead and bought the imports. I liked the box art and the head sculpts a lot more with those.

Congrats SP. I guess you're ready. :p

The Kakizaki VF-1 is more understandable because of the character (goofball/comic relief, gets killed off quickly) and color schemes. I always felt like he got the worst paint schemes in both TV and DYRL versions. But the Rand MP Cyclone is almost exactly the same as the Scott model. I think the only difference is the head sculpt, fabric color, and forearm pieces. And his character is far more crucial the the storyline of Mospeada than Kakizaki is to Macross.

Edited by SuperSenpai

If you compare the prices on that auction site, he sold his bundle for about $80 a piece cheaper than all the rest. His price was actually below retail. They have the volume 2 restocked at robotech.com atm, but I didnt want to buy it from them.

Anybody notice that it's easy to get an MPC Rand VR-52T on eBay for $100 right now. Jeesh, that's a nice mark down... I thought I got a deal when I paid $150.

That didn't last long. The two sellers listing it for $99 and $100 have marked it up to $120 and $150.

These might have been the ones liquidated by Beagle and were "on a boat" for a while. I got the Scott's and Rey for about $100 at F&S when they first came out. But I also went ahead and bought the imports. I liked the box art and the head sculpts a lot more with those.

Congrats SP. I guess you're ready. :p

Oh I was already prepared ;) . I saw that auction and decided to buy them up to make original customs out of in the future. I've seen tons of custom vf-1's, and own many myself, but have seen very few custom ride armors. I'm sure there are plenty out there, I just have not seen them myself.

These might have been the ones liquidated by Beagle and were "on a boat" for a while.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was wondering how the RT.com store was able to restock Rand after the toy had been out of production for so long.

With all these "new" Rands hitting the market, it might be time to release some more bazookas and saddlebags. Just sayin. :p

Welcome to my nightmare 8 months ago...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35759

Hopefully you're not spending money buying the prototypes over and over and then they reject you once you made all the necessary corrections. Then they'l reject the sale when the customers start buying even though they finally let you print it for yourself. I have a bunch of the left hand samples but none of the right hands because I didn't see the point of printing both sides until the project was done. Once I realized the project was costing way more than it was worth I eventually abandoned it. The design obviously worked but Shapeways had too many issues to deal with.

Yeah ridiculous. I 'm not sure what's going on with amazon and it's price gouging. Even Amazon itself is doing it. My wife bought a rocking chair and the price immediately went up $50.

It just got back and left again. You missed it.

I was getting fired up again. I line the ride armor and do agree that different variations are needed. Color schemes and all. I can't imagine someone fighting in the jungles, deserts and all without some camo paint to try and hide themselves.

Welcome to my nightmare 8 months ago...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35759

Hopefully you're not spending money buying the prototypes over and over and then they reject you once you made all the necessary corrections. Then they'l reject the sale when the customers start buying even though they finally let you print it for yourself. I have a bunch of the left hand samples but none of the right hands because I didn't see the point of printing both sides until the project was done. Once I realized the project was costing way more than it was worth I eventually abandoned it. The design obviously worked but Shapeways had too many issues to deal with.

I wanted a couple dozen of those hands =/

Got my green Beta yesterday. Got him stickered up and panel lined today. Kind of sad....probably the last Mospeada toy that will go into my collection. Nothing else on the horizon. :-( (figs ....mostly still unpainted. ....by EXO)

post-11393-0-72716500-1364066559_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-94094600-1364066575_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-98572300-1364067165_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592