Long time lurker.

Hey all. I am sorta new. I have been a long time lurker, but never made an account as I could usually search the forums to find the answers I was.looking for. I am mostly here for the toys as that is where my nostalgia lies. I am not the biggest fan of the show, however, but have a deep love of the toys. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:19 AM, Kenny G said:

Hey all. I am sorta new. I have been a long time lurker, but never made an account as I could usually search the forums to find the answers I was.looking for. I am mostly here for the toys as that is where my nostalgia lies. I am not the biggest fan of the show, however, but have a deep love of the toys. 

Welcome!  If it makes you feel better I'm almost never on the boards for the shows, and I actually did like the last one.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, David Hingtgen said:

The most recent show is quite divisive, and I'm MUCH more fond of the valk toys that came from the show, than the show itself...   :D     

Hey David, I am so out of the loop, I don't even know the name of the latest show, nor can I figure it out from reading MW this afternoon.

Hey Agent One, long time no see----but the latest show is "Macross Delta"*, with 26 episodes and 1 movie. Main valk is the VF-31 Siegfried. Movie is much like most of the franchise movies, in being a condensed retelling of the series with a bit different ending.  Overall the series goes all-in on the "J-pop band singing" part of Macross.  

*technically, it's actually called "Macross Δ", pronounced Macross Delta. 

22 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Hey Agent One, long time no see----but the latest show is "Macross Delta"*, with 26 episodes and 1 movie. Main valk is the VF-31 Siegfried. Movie is much like most of the franchise movies, in being a condensed retelling of the series with a bit different ending.  Overall the series goes all-in on the "J-pop band singing" part of Macross.  

*technically, it's actually called "Macross Δ", pronounced Macross Delta. 

Ah, yep, that's my problem, I knew it was not a word but a symbol. Duke called and told me it was coming, then called again and said to skip it. Sad. Happy to be back, I was really expecting more activity here. Did anything happen? Or is everyone on Facebook discussing this now?

21 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

If you want to take another long break from Macross just watch Delta. 

HAHA, yeah, you are on the same page with Duke Togo. Glad to see the die hard people still here.

18 minutes ago, Agent ONE said:

Ah, yep, that's my problem, I knew it was not a word but a symbol. Duke called and told me it was coming, then called again and said to skip it. Sad. Happy to be back, I was really expecting more activity here. Did anything happen? Or is everyone on Facebook discussing this now?

The discussion's pretty much done. Some people really liked it, but I think a LOT were disappointed in it. I loved Frontier, hated Delta.  If it tells you anything, I waited over a year to watch the Delta movie, and I think I'd rather have my 2 hours back.  MW's pretty quiet when there's neither a current series to discuss, nor "still interesting discussion to be had about the last one".    

Frontier=best Macross TV series

Delta=worst Macross TV series.  IMHO.    

17 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

The discussion's pretty much done. Some people really liked it, but I think a LOT were disappointed in it. I loved Frontier, hated Delta.  If it tells you anything, I waited over a year to watch the Delta movie, and I think I'd rather have my 2 hours back.  MW's pretty quiet when there's neither a current series to discuss, nor "still interesting discussion to be had about the last one".    

Frontier=best Macross TV series

Delta=worst Macross TV series.  IMHO.    

Thanks for letting me know, I will skip it. Ny new GF is so sad there is no Macross sequel worth seeing. She loved the show, and super loved DYRL, but I just can't show her anything else I guess. M+ is ok I guess but not really about the larger plot, which is what she liked. 

With Frontier they saw that cute mascot characters that wore costumes and did little dances was popular so they decided that a plot or even choreographed action scenes wasn't needed at all and quadrupled down on the cute dancing mascots.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

With Frontier they saw that cute mascot characters that wore costumes and did little dances was popular so they decided that a plot or even choreographed action scenes wasn't needed at all and quadrupled down on the cute dancing mascots.

Wow, got it. Sounds like the Ewoks movie... Who needs Jedi or Empire, or rebels... Just Ewoks: 

On 6/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, Agent ONE said:

Hey David, I am so out of the loop, I don't even know the name of the latest show, nor can I figure it out from reading MW this afternoon.

Hey, Agent ONE! Good to see you! Miss you, guy! Some of us are still here.

Oh and welcome, Kenny G. Your music is the best!

Edited by Drad