9 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Even season 3 of TNG is mostly abysmal.  Though near the end it really starts to get better.

Yeah I remember “Yesterday’s Enterprise” being the turning point for me when I started to take notice of the show more. 

Chris

"Yesterday's Enterprise" is probably near the top of my favorite episodes in the entire franchise.  It's just such a fun time-twisty story.

If I remember correctly, that episode is also based loosely on one of my favorite classic "Twilight Zone" episodes, where a pilot in WWI flies into the future, and realizes he has to return in order for history to proceed correctly.  The universe didn't warp around him leaving though, leaving it as a stable time loop where he always did what he had to, which is what convinces him he has to go back.

Spoiler

He winds up leaving his personal papers in the future, which are then given to someone he knew during WWI, still in the military, after he mentions they were never recovered.  Kind of a reverse of the Tasha Yar situation,

TNG season 2 also had the first Sherlock/Moriarty holodeck episode, which I always found fun, even if it was a silly concept.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

"Yesterday's Enterprise" is probably near the top of my favorite episodes in the entire franchise.  It's just such a fun time-twisty story.

It was also the FIRST story to get Tasha Yar's character right.  A real pity it took so long. Worf was also patched up somewhere along the way, from the growling snarling non-menace to an interesting character with depth.

Season 2 of TNG -- Uhhggg...The Pulaski year (s) -- LOL - It did have a few bright spots though as others have mentioned. "Where Silence Has Lease" the one with Negellum (sp?) was and still is one of my favs. Also, the one with the old hotel from the corny novel on the alien planet made for the dead NASA astronaut and the one that I think ended Season 2 with the frozen humans from the 20th Century and the re-introduction of the Romulans was pretty good. 

I actually love season 1 of TNG because it's so awful and cheesy and enjoyably bad. :D

Season 2 was still bad, but not bad enough to be any good. Same with seasons 6 and 7.

I'd say there are more bad episodes of TNG than good ones.

Count me as one of the people who dislike "The Inner Light." It's an interesting idea, but the actual episode is boring as f*** to watch. Why the hell am I supposed to care about a dead civilization that sends probes to randomly snatch victims and force them to live a lifetime in a lame beige version of the Matrix? :p

The DS9 episode "Hard Time" explored this idea better as we get to see the impact on O'Brien after he's forced to serve a 20 year virtual prison sentence.

Edited by Lolicon

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I can barely tell what Pike is saying in that clip!:p

Another good episode from SNW. Definitely, as a whole, far better than last weeks. Mbenga centric and he carries it really well, as well as Hemmer. Bittersweet though, as...

Spoiler

Mbenga did 'find' a cure for his daughter. It just meant he had to let her go in order for her to have it.

I know this thread is dedicated to this show but it appears we don't have a Star Trek toys general, or a Playmobil toys general, but Amazon dropped the price on the Playmobil Enterprise, about $300 now.

https://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-Star-U-S-S-Enterprise-NCC-1701/dp/B097Q65LD7

I grabbed one, at that price I'll definitely bite, looks like a really fun display piece. Lots of bells and whistles, lots of figures, the usual price, $400+, scared me away, but $300 or so, below $300 would be ideal, works for me. 

57 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I know this thread is dedicated to this show but it appears we don't have a Star Trek toys general, or a Playmobil toys general,

No one said you couldn't start a thread dedicated to Star Trek or Playmobil toys...Or a thread dedicated to TNG, DS9, etc.

18 minutes ago, azrael said:

No one said you couldn't start a thread dedicated to Star Trek or Playmobil toys...Or a thread dedicated to TNG, DS9, etc.

True, I just didn't want to have multiple, mostly empty threads containing a lot of cross info and relevancy. I started a Playmobil thread, won't bother with the other Star Trek stuff because I'll just be watching those series on my own time and keeping the discussion here to SNW. 

No9 was pretty good too. I was expecting something zombie-ish, but the alien-esq approach was nice.

Spoiler

Real shame about Hemmer, as I liked him. I wonder if this was a planned death from the start or if the actor wanted out. Makes me wonder if we may get a young Scottie in season 2.

19 minutes ago, Thom said:

No9 was pretty good too. I was expecting something zombie-ish, but the alien-esq approach was nice.

Reveal hidden contents

Real shame about Hemmer, as I liked him. I wonder if this was a planned death from the start or if the actor wanted out. Makes me wonder if we may get a young Scottie in season 2.

Spoiler

Bruce Horak was told from the start that his was a one season role.

The Dr. Crusher one is still the creepiest one of them all. I remember freaked me out when I first saw it. Still did when I just watched the clip. So subtly done, not over the top at all.

Chris

Episode 10 (season finale)

Spoiler

Interesting what-if take on "Balance of Terror". Interesting to see Pike's take vs what Kirk did.

Now to see how much longer Ms. Romijn/Number One will stick around. Nice that we get some closure on 2 threads (M'Benga's daughter, and now Number One's heritage coming to light). She'll be back for Season 2...but after that...🤷‍♂️

I'm impressed with SNW after this season. Hopefully they continue. I'm still pissed about Hemmer. They better NOT bring in Scotty. It ain't time to bring him in. Not till we get Kirk's tenure as captain of Enterprise.