• 3 weeks later...

Well, I sure hope you're up for an inspiring message about protecting part-time employees and their families from COVID-19, and financial hardship, and... dogs... and... whatever the hell else that was about.

It sure didn't have much to do with toys.  <_<

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

didn't the shop owner use the show's platform to try and find a rare toy for himself?

To be honest, most toy shops in this day-and-age are run by collectors renting retail space to show off their collections, and are happy to sell you just about any item they can readily replace online (for less than they charged you, of course).  <_<

There's this incredibly disorganized shop in my neighborhood, piled floor to ceiling with packaged figures and toys of all kinds, and nothing has any price on it, even.  If you can manage to crawl your way around the obstacle course to find something you want, you've got to bring it up to the counter and wait for the guy to look up its value online before he quotes you a price.  :huh:

Edited by tekering

1 hour ago, tekering said:

To be honest, most toy shops in this day-and-age are run by collectors renting retail space to show off their collections, and are happy to sell you just about any item they can readily replace online (for less than they charged you, of course).  <_<

I haven't stepped inside these type of shops for years....what I collect can't be found in these type of stores in the US anyway....but yeah....the  vintage toy selling obviously isn't their main source of income...as you said, the shop simply funds their personal collections and that side cash has run dry....so the purpose of the show is to make us feel bad for them? :unknw:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...