11 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

None....they have no set dates at the moment due to the pandemic creating so much chaos in their production schedules.....they said they were having a hard time finding quality manufacturing facilities within their set budgets.....the only thing that had not changed was the planned order of their releases....we will get Max after they release the Dana fig.....I had no plans on getting the Dana fig, but I really want more Macross figs...I may pick up one Dana "for the team"...:db:

Ok, cool, thanks! I thought maybe a preorder had gone up somewhere. 

I still have my preorders for Roy in May and Dana in July. Hopefully that hoverbike will come out around then too... :unsure:

29 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I've only seen MEP Toys tease a Hoverbike

They were taking pre-orders for a 1:18 3D-printed kit last year... (for your vintage Matchbox Robotech figures, I suppose...?) :huh:

I don't think it ever happened, though.

Edited by tekering

1 minute ago, tekering said:

They were taking pre-orders for a 1:18 3D-printed kit last year... (for your vintage Matchbox Robotech figures, I suppose...?) :huh:

I don't think it ever happened.  Their own Web site is pretending it never existed.

It's still there- you have to scroll down on the main page to see it.

https://www.meptoys.com/

image.thumb.png.3235384758cecb0a1946c3163639c867.png

It is still preorders, though, so you just get sent to an email link.

2 minutes ago, vladykins said:

It's still there- you have to scroll down on the main page to see it.

The main page, NOT the "Shop" page with the "Coming Soon" product? :huh:

Their Web page design certainly reflects the quality of their prototypes. :lol:

Thanks for the correction! :drinks:

Just now, tekering said:

The main page, NOT the "Shop" page with the "Coming Soon" product? :huh:

Their Web page design certainly reflects the quality of their prototypes. :lol:

Thanks for the correction! :drinks:

:lol:

I still am grabbing some of their 1/48 inbit scouts though. Once those FINALLY get done.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Their Web page design certainly reflects the quality of their prototypes

I mentioned them once that they were managing their social networks not as a Toy Manufacturer but as a personal account. It's hard to support them that way, when there's a gray area between what's actually on the release pipeline vs personal projects.

6 hours ago, vladykins said:

:lol:

I still am grabbing some of their 1/48 inbit scouts though. Once those FINALLY get done.

I still have their prototype. Looks good

• 2 weeks later...

What is going on with the GBP hands?  Those are not any of the previous issued hands in either S or J releases.  I like them and I don't, afraid they won't stand up to the test of time; swapped the itsy-bitsy hands for the anime style and never looked back.  While the lighting gimmick is nice on this line, I would prefer to see it ditched in an effort to bring the costs down.

Inquired to KC regarding display options for the GBP...they said you will also be able to display it with missile compartment covers closed and with covers open showing  unlaunched missiles.  I asked if other paint schemes would be possible, including a Focker Special version....they said if the current GBP sells well there could be additional GBP paint schemes....I'll definitely chip in for 1 GBP set

Wait a minute... May 2021? :huh:

Didn't they already release a Minmei figure this year?  (I haven't received mine yet, but I've seen in-hand pics from others...)

Does Kitz Concept seriously expect to release two character figures in a single year? :o

That would be a first for them. :p

• 1 month later...

I got this early this morning..

Dear Customer,

Good news!  Our 1/12 Action Figure Series - Roy Fokker will be available soon.

Please double check and revert to confirm your delivery information.  The parcel will be sent only after your confirmation
is received.  

Besides, please be reminded that our free shipping packaging does not include any extra carton box, unless you have
already selected packaging upgrade when placing the preorder or ordered more than 1 unit.   We will put 8 plastic
protective corners and then wrap the box with plastic bubble sheet before putting into vinyl shipping bag.  If you want
extra protection to the packaging boxes and would like to have an additional carton box, we can arrange.  But recently, as
HK Post has increased the postage fees by more than double, we can't afford any free upgrade and have to impose the
following surcharges per unit:

Asia USD4.00
Australia USD5.00  
US USD6.00
Europe  USD8.00
Others  USD10.00

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Kitzconcept

14 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I got this early this morning..

Dear Customer,

Good news!  Our 1/12 Action Figure Series - Roy Fokker will be available soon.

Please double check and revert to confirm your delivery information.  The parcel will be sent only after your confirmation
is received.  

Besides, please be reminded that our free shipping packaging does not include any extra carton box, unless you have
already selected packaging upgrade when placing the preorder or ordered more than 1 unit.   We will put 8 plastic
protective corners and then wrap the box with plastic bubble sheet before putting into vinyl shipping bag.  If you want
extra protection to the packaging boxes and would like to have an additional carton box, we can arrange.  But recently, as
HK Post has increased the postage fees by more than double, we can't afford any free upgrade and have to impose the
following surcharges per unit:

Asia USD4.00
Australia USD5.00  
US USD6.00
Europe  USD8.00
Others  USD10.00

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Kitzconcept

Got the same email. I assume you simply reply to it as there doesn't seem to be a confirmation in the "your orders" section of their website.

Anyone else thinks that "Rick Hunter" decal under the canopy for VF-1J and future re-release VF-1S reduces the market for these toys? I was on the fence about buying one but ultimately decided against it.

They should just release the toys without this decal applied. The box is double branded with Japanese SDFM logo and Robotech logo anyway - what's the point of that?

12 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

Anyone else thinks that "Rick Hunter" decal under the canopy for VF-1J and future re-release VF-1S reduces the market for these toys? I was on the fence about buying one but ultimately decided against it.

They should just release the toys without this decal applied. The box is double branded with Japanese SDFM logo and Robotech logo anyway - what's the point of that?

Coz it was produced under HG prior of the announcement between BW and HG. Hence it's Rick Hunter. And it won't reduce the market value for it. If one wants the Robotech version, then there's this option. If people wants the Macross one, then there's the DX or YamArcadia ones. The only difference is that there's no 1/72 available from DX and YamArcadia. There's only model kits.

And to be honest, that's just an easy fix. Scratch the name, paint it with black, print a decal that says Hikaru Ichijo. There's a lot of 1/72 VF-1 kits out there that you can get and use the decals that came with it. Problem solve. :good: 

The important thing now is that there's now a big possibility that these collectibles will be widely available to all the channels. East and West. Macross and Robotech. Lots of choices. In the end, Hikaru or Rick, it's our wallets that are going to suffer.

QuGwGIo.gif

Edited by no3Ljm

Hopefully, the recent BW/HG news has not screwed up their existing licensing agreements....was looking forward to at least completing their 1/72 VF-1 lineup through the previously teased VFs...and who else has even teased the possibility of an updated TV SDF-1 in some sort of "DX" scale...they definitely have the ability to pull it off...just needed to un-Hasegawa that last prototype.....descale it to 1/3000....oh and work on the colors.....:wacko:

C0-BQS8UUAEta8F?format=jpg&name=medium

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

...and who else has even teased the possibility of an updated TV SDF-1 in some sort of "DX" scale...they definitely have the ability to pull it off...just needed to un-Hasegawa that last prototype.....descale it to 1/3000....oh and work on the colors.....:wacko:

Best start over from scratch on that one.  There's more wrong than right with it. <_<

18 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Anyone else thinks that "Rick Hunter" decal under the canopy for VF-1J and future re-release VF-1S reduces the market for these toys?

I would imagine there are just as many collectors out there who would be happy with (or even prefer) "Rick Hunter" nomenclature as there are fans that would insist on "Hikaru Ichijo..."

...just not on this site. :p

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, no3Ljm said:

Coz it was produced under HG prior of the announcement between BW and HG. Hence it's Rick Hunter. And it won't reduce the market value for it. If one wants the Robotech version, then there's this option. If people wants the Macross one, then there's the DX or YamArcadia ones. The only difference is that there's no 1/72 available from DX and YamArcadia. There's only model kits.

And to be honest, that's just an easy fix. Scratch the name, paint it with black, print a decal that says Hikaru Ichijo. There's a lot of 1/72 VF-1 kits out there that you can get and use the decals that came with it. Problem solve. :good: 

The important thing now is that there's now a big possibility that these collectibles will be widely available to all the channels. East and West. Macross and Robotech. Lots of choices. In the end, Hikaru or Rick, it's our wallets that are going to suffer.

QuGwGIo.gif

Humor aside, that's a great graphic!  Guess I'm not used to seeing such fluid movement like that, reminiscent of  Zero, Frontier, and Delta. Thirty-some years on, and the VF-1 is still a beauty.:wub:  Kinda makes me wish they'd remaster the original series with modern art.

As for suffering wallets, mine's willing to pay the penance for domestic Macross releases. Punish me with merch overload, Big West and Bandai!

13 hours ago, Tober said:

So it seems Roy and Jeanne/Dana have had their release dates pushed back another month to June and August respectively... :unsure:

Hopefully not too far off in this month. I hope I responded to them early enough that my 2 Roys are in one of the first batches that get shipped out.  

I’m still debating whether I should buy the 1/12 scale VF-1S cockpit and try to fit Roy in there.  Maybe I could try to fit Hikaru in there instead.

I wanted a 1/12 cockpit too, but it looks like the figure's torsos are too long...even after removing the legs, it may still not work without further modding of the fig...

Unless, there is a way to make some room on the cockpit without destroying it? :unknw: