Jump to content

Kitz Concept Toy Thread 2.0


Recommended Posts

Preordered Jetfire.  I don't plan on getting any of the other 1/72 scale Valkyries.  I always thought this scheme would work for Milia if she ever had a VF-1S so this will be good in my Transformers collection as Jetfire and Macross collection as a VF-1S Milia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, vladykins said:

$260 from BBTS. That's a nope for me for a 1/72

Oof. I was hoping to get it from them in case I change my mind. But at 236.36% increase from the original price, it's a sign that I don't need it.:nea:

15 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No interest in this one....with all the QC issues and the redesigned VF-1 and fast packs that don't attach correctly in fighter mode...it just seems a bit much for this release

Plus the reason that I don't need a lone VF-1 in different scale in my collection, I trust JVM's opinion on this one. :drinks:

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

$260 from BBTS. That's a nope for me for a 1/72

Yeah.. that's.. just way out of the range of what I'd want to pay for something like this.  That's.. actually more than I paid for my Arcadia VE-1 PF release. :blink: 

It's a fun subject, but I don't have any particular attachment to the old VF-1 Jetfire that makes this a must-have for me.  I'd probably just paint up one of my VF-1S kits in the scheme instead, since I have a couple still unopened.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah.. that's.. just way out of the range of what I'd want to pay for something like this.  That's.. actually more than I paid for my Arcadia VE-1 PF release. :blink: 

It's a fun subject, but I don't have any particular attachment to the old VF-1 Jetfire that makes this a must-have for me.  I'd probably just paint up one of my VF-1S kits in the scheme instead, since I have a couple still unopened.

Love to see that if you decided on doing it. :good: 

But then, are you sure you don't want to paint it on DX VF-1S instead? You know just to justify BBTS 'asking' price. :spiteful:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love to see that if you decided on doing it. :good: 

But then, are you sure you don't want to paint it on DX VF-1S instead? You know just to justify BBTS 'asking' price. :spiteful:

Nah, because I don't want to deal with taking apart anything suffering from Bandai's fetish for superglue. :lol:  If I'm going to paint something, it's going to be something I can take apart easily, and even better if it's not even assembled to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hoping they have fixed the updated mold issues by the time this releases.  I can't stop myself from wanting this.  like many, g1 jetfire was the path towards macross love for me.  i wonder if KC, a licensed robotech toy maker can do this....could threezero (who are doing a 1/72 veritech soon right?)?  i bet they won't if they don'tn want to lose all their TF licenses though.  lol.  damnit, why couldn't takara x bandai by a DX chogokin in jetfire deco?  yes there is custom painted dx chogokin option but with that usually comes a delicate paint application and a slightly undesirable feel in hand.  its a very bad price since the improvements last time were a step back and since V1 its been a mix of good and bad tolerances etc.  ugh....i want to love this and buy it but i feel like its a need to buy it because a better factory made option won't come along anytime soon.  i'll be OK double and triple dipping if 3zero and bandai follow suit.  lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

Licensing! KitzConcept is going 3rd Party Transformers.

Oh what I meant was, why can’t Bandai announce additional numbers right after when their PO immediately sells out?

But in hindsight, they do: for their web exclusives only, just not for their retail release..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Oh what I meant was, why can’t Bandai announce additional numbers right after when their PO immediately sells out?

But in hindsight, they do: for their web exclusives only, just not for their retail release..

Unless it's the VF-25 armor packs.  Despite being in practically every episode of Frontier, and used on Ozma's valk in almost every episode, if you didn't buy those from the first day, you are pretty much SOL. <_< 

I really wouldn't mind getting one of these, just in a scale that actually went with anything else I already have. :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Unless it's the VF-25 armor packs.  Despite being in practically every episode of Frontier, and used on Ozma's valk in almost every episode, if you didn't buy those from the first day, you are pretty much SOL. <_< 

I hadn’t started collecting then, but were the PO numbers for the VF-25 armors high enough for Bandai to open up 2nd or even 3rd batches for sale?

As far as Macross collecting goes, I only remember additional PO batches opened up for the VF-1 Strike packs when the initial batch sold out almost straightaway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MKT said:

I hadn’t started collecting then, but were the PO numbers for the VF-25 armors high enough for Bandai to open up 2nd or even 3rd batches for sale?

I don't think initial demand for those was quite so high, but the market was also just recovering from Bandai's first failed attempt at a transformable VF-25.  Alto's and Ozma's VF-25s came before the current pre-order insanity had even begun, and were pretty easy to place an order for, because Ozma's pre-order came before Alto's release, so no one had any way to guess at the quality of this second attempt.  Since orders for the armor packs also were around that time, it's possible they really didn't get much demand. (It was also before international shops even really started offering those sorts of web-exclusives, so many of us here had to rely on bulk orders placed by very generous forum members located in Japan.)

However.. even after seeing what hot items the VF-25s were later, and even reissuing Ozma's VF-25S multiple times, they never revisited those armor packs, despite prices for them climbing steadily into orbit.  It always felt like they were being willfully oblivious to the demand for those packs, since they were such an absolutely iconic part of Ozma's valk, and to the series of Frontier as a whole.

I am happy to see KC re-evaluating the demand for this one though.  I just hope they don't attract any ugly attention from other companies on the international market.  It doesn't have any obviously infringing markings at least.. though I'm sure those will be very easy to acquire, for those who want them. :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the little history insight @Chronocidal.

Bandai steadfastly refusing to reissue the VF-25 armor packs seem to solidify even more into the strong belief that web-exclusives are never re-issued verbatim.

Yet the VF-1 missiles and strike packs did have reissues down the road, so Bandai did the right thing here.

Now that Frontier can be worldwide, here’s hoping Ozma’s and Alto’s VF-25 will be released again, perhaps a full pack with armor like they did with the VF-1J. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...do the original 500 who ordered this get copies with the "x/1000" label they ordered, or will they now get the same "x/1888" label that everyone ordering now gets?

I ask, because wouldn't changing those terms potentially be a reasonable basis for someone to cancel their preorder and expect a deposit refund? I can imagine some being upset at the extension of the run to where what they ordered, even if it's the label on the box, has materially changed after payment was made.

Just curious...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

So...do the original 500 who ordered this get copies with the "x/1000" label they ordered, or will they now get the same "x/1888" label that everyone ordering now gets?

I ask, because wouldn't changing those terms potentially be a reasonable basis for someone to cancel their preorder and expect a deposit refund? I can imagine some being upset at the extension of the run to where what they ordered, even if it's the label on the box, has materially changed after payment was made.

Just curious...

I was in the 500, and I really don't care about a numbered card.

A few friends missed out on the original preorder and it made me feel kinda guilty about it. So it's fine by me that the run was extended.

Otherwise, it reminds me of a scene in South Park where Cartman is playing with a toy in front of Kyle, who also wants the toy. Cartman isn't so much enjoying playing with the toy as enjoying that he has it to play with and Kyle doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd really just be happier if things like this were never limited at all.  I can understand production limits, and having to manage factories, but arbitrarily limiting an item to induce a sense of collectability in it just feels unfitting for something of this nature.  It's a toy.. and you're limiting who gets to enjoy it?  Why?

 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it is a toy, the question is "what age group is this toy for?"  Unlike the Chunky Monkey, it doesn't appear that it is intended for 10 year olds.  So they add a bunch of details and add a bunch of gimmicks and call it a collectable.  Then limit the production run and change a premium for it.  Chunky Monkeys weren't that cheap back in the day either.  Not sure if it would be $260 adjusted for inflation though.  :unknw: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...