Jump to content

Kitz Concept Toy Thread 2.0


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jenius said:

This statement totally disagrees with this picture:

Note that the toy on the left is black without the armor on and the toy on the right is white without the armor on. If all we're doing is putting armor on, then how do the knees/elbows/pelvis/abdomen change colors? I think the best case scenario here is that the armor does swap on but the final product looks quite a bit different when wearing armor than this picture shows.

Looks like at least the chest armor also seems to include the abdomen black bit too.....don't care enough to examine the rest of it... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems pretty obvious to me that they photoshopped the armor image to black-out anything that wasn't part of the armor, so you could see what the armor parts actually are.

Similarly to how when they have new parts or add-ons for gunpla kits they shade everything that's not new grey sometimes.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that they photoshopped the armor image to black-out anything that wasn't part of the armor, so you could see what the armor parts actually are.

Similarly to how when they have new parts or add-ons for gunpla kits they shade everything that's not new grey sometimes.

I would be more inclined to believe this if there wasn't light reflecting off the black bits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tempted to buy two.

With regard to the armour, I'm sticking with my parts forming theory. It makes the most sense given the information that we have. For instance, notice how the upper bicep armour sleeves over Dana's arm. I'm thinking that her torso armor attaches in a similar way--by somehow fitting over the actual figure. It may be one piece that clips on from the front or it may be two pieces which snap together front and back. In any case, the armour has a smooth ab/belly piece that covers over the "flightsuit" detail.

That's how I see it, anyway. The painted shots could be photoshopped or not. Won't really be able to confirm unless someone asks or we get it in hand. I'm not really fussed to do anything but wait, although I will say to my eyes the marketing photos KC posted for Rick and Minmay were spot on to the actual release. That gives me hope that these color photos of Dana are accurate too.

Edited by technoblue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is useful info. I'm down for for Dana, Roy and Max.

Also Nova, Bioroid Pilot Zor, Corg, Sera and Bioroid Terminator if they ever do them.

And since their doing removable armour not making Zentraedi soldiers will be a damn shame.

Koruyucu-Isık-Mediuetms-Body-Armor-Type-B-8.jpg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2020 at 10:26 PM, sh9000 said:

I’m ok with how they look.  I’m just glad that there are 1/12 TV figures and will support them to get Max and hopefully a Miriya and Zentraedi Soldier.

Just messaged them. They  are planning to make the alien figs at some point.

Lets hope it happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

This is useful info. I'm down for for Dana, Roy and Max.

Also Nova, Bioroid Pilot Zor, Corg, Sera and Bioroid Terminator if they ever do them.

And since their doing removable armour not making Zentraedi soldiers will be a damn shame.

Koruyucu-Isık-Mediuetms-Body-Armor-Type-B-8.jpg

Nonsense.....everyone wants a Dana Sterling over a Zentran Soldier! :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nonsense!  Everyone knows Roy Focker is a manly man that does manly things like fly drunk into combat, womanize and eat pineapple salad....how dare you suggest otherwise! :drinks:

Exactly but this figure makes him look otherwise. I know these are the best articulated figure for SDFM available at this time but the headsculpts just doesn't seem to capture the faces correctly. Something is off. All the male bodies seem too skinny as well.

Edited by crackpot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

I know these are the best articulated figure for SDFM available at this time but the headsculpts just doesn't seem to capture the faces correctly. Something is off. 

Maybe you can just leave him with the helmet on?  Just curious...did you PO one or will you be purchasing a copy regardless of his current appearance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, crackpot said:

I know these are the best articulated figure for SDFM available at this time but the headsculpts just doesn't seem to capture the faces correctly. Something is off. All the male bodies seem too skinny as well.

I feel the same. Even though I've been waiting a long time for SDFM figures (not DYRL), the headsculpts are not good enough. That's just a skinny blonde soldier wearing Roy's uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The smallest but loudest contingent of Robotech fans are probably thrilled to finally be getting Southern Cross merchandise while simultaneously fashioning their excuses as to why they won't buy this. "I would get it, but only if it were $29.99!" They will then loudly protest when the next announced release is a Macross character wardrobe change and not Louie Nichols or Bowie Grant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

The smallest but loudest contingent of Robotech fans are probably thrilled to finally be getting Southern Cross merchandise while simultaneously fashioning their excuses as to why they won't buy this. "I would get it, but only if it were $29.99!" They will then loudly protest when the next announced release is a Macross character wardrobe change and not Louie Nichols or Bowie Grant.

They could do it Bandai DX style and just sell the basic character figure for the normal $50-ish and then offer a $20 armor set as a web exclusive!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2020 at 12:43 AM, jenius said:

when the next announced release is a Macross character wardrobe change.

It would actually be great if they released all the character costumes.

But if we start getting a run of Min May's wardrobe changes ala Barbie, instead of unreleased characters, then everyone should protest.

 

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...