A traditional Figma/S.H. Figuarts treatment would be far better, like all but the most recently released Rick Hunter figure - the texture gives it a completely inauthentic look to the character's depiction in the anime, and covering the joints in no way makes up for that visual deficiency; however, since I've had a preorder paid for for years...

I can safely pass on this one.

I personally would wait until we see some production photos before I pass judgement,  but these early photos are not promising.      

This goes double considering the general lack of Southern Cross merch out there.

That cloth on Dana makes the toy look cheap. I can't go near cloth ever since the Beagle Mospeada.

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to this figure. Will wait for more pics to decide if I cancel.

I predict seam tears & cloth replacement tutorials in the near future.:unsure: Which I have no interest in watching or attempting myself.

I'm getting old, I don't remember anyone asking for cloth? Should've taken a survey. Know your customer base. We're the ones that have to deal with it. 

Edited by troyness

I liked how the fabric looked on the recently released Rick, but here it looks just terrible. Perhaps its the color..

I actually PO-ed with KC for 2 units, so I can display one with armor and one without. Now am considering cancelling one. 

Hopefully KC gets some feedback on the Dana figs current "look"...last thing we need would be a similar Misa in flightsuit fig...

I think the "cloth" gimmick can only work with the looser jacket and pants type officer uniforms....especially for the Zentran and Meltrans.....

image.png.c2c2bc2df98d276e5a8394f009d57c7c.png

image.png.31488d7a02f30ebf1569be9874983463.png

...any outfit that is more form fitting should just remain as molded plastic...like the Hikaru and Roy figs....the released Misa in officer outfit fig probably could be done using the cloth gimmick....

And it arrives.

KC GOF Purple Variant.   

I actually like this Purple schema more then I do the Red.     Basic box with trays mounted on this inside,  did a quick once over and not seeing any "errors".

I would say if mine arrived,  others should be in short order.

KCGOFPurple.jpg.16415259b851cc3a8d255a3d4bc26d4c.jpg

KCGOFPurple2.jpg.79dccfba0b50f4f4cd5df62c4a00abe4.jpg

KCGOFPurple4.jpg.37cbffa1317e27e05a5e3f45b0508f4b.jpg

KCGOFPurple3.jpg.518d747ead5a849a3b5ee1c39255500d.jpg

On 5/26/2023 at 8:20 PM, tekering said:

BBTS is still using this image:

556f6103-5b33-41e4-953a-5ab09b2a6abc.jpg

...and while I took issue with the proportions and some of the details of that prototype...

DisconcertingDana.jpg.19674621366aa8e289afd488c895294d.jpg

...it's vastly superior to what we're now seeing. 🙄

This Dana figure has been pushed back month after month for years now and this is the best that this toy company can come up with.

Just another failure for Robotech/Harmony Gold. I don't know why people want to keep throwing money and attention to a franchise that is so utterly dead. 

11 minutes ago, shazam said:

This Dana figure has been pushed back month after month for years now and this is the best that this toy company can come up with.

Just another failure for Robotech/Harmony Gold. I don't know why people want to keep throwing money and attention to a franchise that is so utterly dead. 

Unfortunately there’s no alternative for southern cross fans. If any of the major Japanese companies did an action figure of her in her armor, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. The Japanese companies don’t want to touch Southern Cross mainly due to it being a failure. On top of that I wonder if there’s also licensing issues on top of that. There are a lot of cool classic 80’s anime getting new products, but I and probably most of the few fans of Southern Cross have little hope for any products like action figures or model kits. Personally I don’t like the direction they’re taking on this figure and disappointed with the company overall and unless I see really good pics and a decent review of the figure, I’ll skip it

51 minutes ago, Big s said:

Unfortunately there’s no alternative for southern cross fans. If any of the major Japanese companies did an action figure of her in her armor, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. The Japanese companies don’t want to touch Southern Cross mainly due to it being a failure. On top of that I wonder if there’s also licensing issues on top of that. There are a lot of cool classic 80’s anime getting new products, but I and probably most of the few fans of Southern Cross have little hope for any products like action figures or model kits. Personally I don’t like the direction they’re taking on this figure and disappointed with the company overall and unless I see really good pics and a decent review of the figure, I’ll skip it

The problem with the Robotech/Harmony Gold franchise is that they NEVER finish anything they start. So the consumer such as yourself will start to collect from this toy line for no REAL pay off. You have to ask yourself, how long do you think it would take to develop and release a majority of the characters from the Southern Cross series? If it takes this long to develop one character that is still NOT released, then you will never see a completion for future characters you want. 

You have a better chance at army building by buying up the old Arii Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross models.

349293322_249799151036732_2160122083941888101_n12.jpg

Edited by shazam

59 minutes ago, shazam said:

The problem with the Robotech/Harmony Gold franchise is that they NEVER finish anything they start. So the consumer such as yourself will start to collect from this toy line for no REAL pay off. You have to ask yourself, how long do you think it would take to develop and release a majority of the characters from the Southern Cross series? If it takes this long to develop one character that is still NOT released, then you will never see a completion for future characters you want. 

You have a better chance at army building by buying up the old Arii Super Dimension Calvary Southern Cross models.

349293322_249799151036732_2160122083941888101_n12.jpg

As much as I liked the Arii kits back in the day, they really need an update. I don’t really have much hope for more modern toys or kits beyond this new action figure and like I said above, I’m holding back. 

As far as modern American Macross though there are designs upcoming for Zentraedi soldiers and mecha. And that honestly is surprising to me that they are going that far even though I feel like other companies do it better. But there are items that these companies are touching that the others don’t.

As far as Southern Cross Arii really only did a small handful of kits and no one else is doing anything modern. With this new figure it’s gonna depend on how the armor turns out. I couldn’t care less about her dress uniform. If it’s not a pile of junk and ends up looking cool I’ll buy it, and then I’ll worry about other armored characters 

17 minutes ago, Big s said:

As much as I liked the Arii kits back in the day, they really need an update. I don’t really have much hope for more modern toys or kits beyond this new action figure and like I said above, I’m holding back. 

As far as modern American Macross though there are designs upcoming for Zentraedi soldiers and mecha. And that honestly is surprising to me that they are going that far even though I feel like other companies do it better. But there are items that these companies are touching that the others don’t.

As far as Southern Cross Arii really only did a small handful of kits and no one else is doing anything modern. With this new figure it’s gonna depend on how the armor turns out. I couldn’t care less about her dress uniform. If it’s not a pile of junk and ends up looking cool I’ll buy it, and then I’ll worry about other armored characters 

I guess you could probably lobby Ramen Toy into making figures inspired by the Southern Cross series. Ramen Toy would do a better job than Kitz Concept ever could. The plus side of that is no money would ever be sunk into Harmony Gold.

Edited by shazam

18 minutes ago, shazam said:

I guess you could probably lobby Ramen Toy into making figures inspired by the Southern Cross series. Ramen Toy would do a better job than Kitz Concept ever could. The plus side of that is no money would ever be sunk into Harmony Gold.

I wouldn’t doubt they could do a better job. I’d be interested 

On 5/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

And it arrives.

KC GOF Purple Variant.   

I actually like this Purple schema more then I do the Red.     Basic box with trays mounted on this inside,  did a quick once over and not seeing any "errors".

I would say if mine arrived,  others should be in short order.

KCGOFPurple.jpg.16415259b851cc3a8d255a3d4bc26d4c.jpg

KCGOFPurple2.jpg.79dccfba0b50f4f4cd5df62c4a00abe4.jpg

KCGOFPurple4.jpg.37cbffa1317e27e05a5e3f45b0508f4b.jpg

KCGOFPurple3.jpg.518d747ead5a849a3b5ee1c39255500d.jpg

I wasn't planning to get the purple GoF variant but man does that color look great. It's definitely tempting

Damn….that looks amazing. I had no intention on buying this but now I'm tempted.  

That cloth, though.  Unfortunately, you can see it's already ripping…..

image.png.b58d3d0e2d40304596997ab65c65f750.png

What a shame. I'd buy two if it didn't have that cloth.  I'm scared to death to pull out my Beagle ride armors all because of some stupid material.  Not really trying to experience that a second time.

It’s quite the abrupt zero in uniform to hero in armor now lol.. The armored look is turning out to be much better than hoped for, especially in comparison to the early promo pics.

Im thinking to maintain good proportions in both modes is quite an achievement at this scale. The armor doesn’t appear to take away & thin-out base Dana, nor does base Dana having decent proportions make her look too bulky in armor.

When I look at my Sentinel Armorize Iron Man figure, it was a cool play concept to attach his various suit-up pieces. However, without his armor pieces Tony looks so weedy & thin that I don’t think anyone displays him armor-less.

KC just needs to iterate further on base Dana’s white cloth & this will be a complete winner!

4 hours ago, Big s said:

you can see what they were looking at

Yes, but even using the promotional artwork you chose, there are major discrepancies in the shape:

stilliffy.jpg.d710026c85b1e6ef2b5d204641fe7c04.jpg

The sculpt still needs major work, I'd say. 🤨