6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Another easy pass....guess I'll have to keep waiting for my Standard Super Parts that were supposed to come with the Super VF-1S "Rick Hunter"...along with  all the broken parts replacements I have not received yet...

I know that feels bro.. 

I liked my black and gold VF-1S,  so I will bite on this.         I find this much more appealing then the Jetfire clone.. TBH.

Prices more or less doubled over the past 3 years.  To be honest, I think their prices are more realistic now compared to when they started out.  Unfortunately, the current prices are getting into Arcadia VF-1 and Bandai DX price range.  The weak Yen isn't helping them.

40 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Charge back CC.

No, they will eventually send my stuff, but with all the garbage they have now added to their prod schedule it just means all the actual Macross stuff is now getting pushed back...

The deluxe Rick Hunter was supposed to be an August release...now it has been pushed to October....

On 9/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, MKT said:

I have v1 Dark Gold and I do like the colors a lot. As a display piece, the gold and subtle silver panel lining makes it pop. But bear in mind with these current prices, you could get Yamato 1/48 non-canon schemes - low vis, 25th anniversary, stealth strike set, perhaps the woodland+armor as well. 

For me, the green visor seems to clash with this livery/color scheme. If the visor were golden too...I dunno. Maybe.

That woodland camo valk is a longtime want of mine since I saw Revell's USA release of the "ROBOTECH CHANGERS" version of the Imai kit of the VF-1D labeled as "Orbot". It's a natural progression of repaint ideas, and Yamato was smart to do it. I'd jump if DX/Arcadia did a new one....maybe even if KC did too...

Edited by Radioguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came in this evening.. 

Box is pretty standard KC fare now,  both fastpacks and VF1 in the same box. 

Front,

KCVF1SGold.jpg.c1127efde14136a51429dcc5339fcfd3.jpg

Back,

KCVF1SGold2.jpg.c8cbf2f76138d0e6b0ada7a3a5ddaded.jpg

KCVF1SGold3.jpg.dd7629d8275cb8bed50e92c749b1bc6e.jpg

KCVF1SGoldFastPacks.jpg.e8de6e54d7deb84ede6e9b6273d8a402.jpg

The stand is clear this time around,   I actually prefer the Red Roundel painted base..  they should stick with this and no more goofy colors..

KCVF1SGoldstand.jpg.5a904df962f4ccc0b89d5fc50788a602.jpg

KCVF1SGold6.jpg.a5ac40f684e246e361ae8b749bbc4e08.jpg

KCVF1SGold4.jpg.59c44c2cfec3fd068972fdcb1ecfb23a.jpg

KCVF1SGold5.jpg.aa9d80a033d688c8f9fd44401d4bef7c.jpg

So some thoughts on this release.. QC seems to be good upon initial inspection.    No obvious goofs like Ricks TV 1S,  the gold gun strap for the gunpod is pretty cool.     The Panel lining is done pretty well,  I am tossed up though if it needed it for this release. 

The Black and Gold Fastpacks looks pretty fricken cool,  that alone made this purchase worth it. 

• 4 weeks later...

The matte metallic red is unexpected, but I like it. To me it looks better than the photoshopped pics they used for PO, and now I'm thinking of putting in an order, but then I remembered ThreeZero is also coming out with a 1/72 VF-1..

So, Dana figure to be out in April 2023. Rick in orange jumpsuit to be released this month itself?

16 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

I'd completely forgotten that I've already preordered and paid for her :D

It'll be interesting to see how this Dana Sterling matches against the KidsLogic 1/6th scale version, which I dearly love.

I hope they show the redesigned Dana soon. What's odd to me is that figures with fabric are supposed to be their new 'premium' line, and they are upgrading it when costs are already going up quite a fair bit in these times. I suppose it will be a good bonus for those of us who PO'ed early, but I expect the MSRP to jump quite a bit when the re-tool is shown.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, MKT said:

The matte metallic red is unexpected, but I like it. To me it looks better than the photoshopped pics they used for PO, and now I'm thinking of putting in an order, but then I remembered ThreeZero is also coming out with a 1/72 VF-1.

But when??? I swear I don't what's happening these days. I still can't get my head around two companies having matching licenses (which the scale and articulation seem to be) with equal world distribution. Unless TZ has to wait for KC to shut down its range first...

10 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

But when??? I swear I don't what's happening these days. I still can't get my head around two companies having matching licenses (which the scale and articulation seem to be) with equal world distribution. Unless TZ has to wait for KC to shut down its range first...

It's a HG license...maybe HG doesn't care what what a licensee does with their "Robotech" license once they have paid in full for it?

BTW....anyone considering a KC purchase, it's probably best to hold off until ThreeZero puts theirs out....wish I had been in that position a few years ago....the 1/72 VF-1 KC was OK and it was heading in the right direction in terms of gradual improvements with each revision, but recently they made a poor decision in their mold that has now made their 1/72 take a few steps backwards in fit and appearance

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Still out of stock on V2 versions, I'm going to buy them all considering the price point and what's the alternatives like toynami in on the robotech side.

Just ordered GOF from BBTS, it's still in stock. 😃

Makes no sense to compare to Toynami as those are a different scale....if you are new to collecting valks at a smaller scale than 1/60 or 1/48...it would make sense to wait and see what ThreeZero does with their 1/72 scale VF-1....

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49682-threezero-robotech-macross-toys/#comment-1603591

However, if the KC would be your first foray into collecting VF-1 PT toys, then they may not disappoint too badly...sadly, as someone who has added each KC 1/72 VF-1 into their collection, the worst part about them is knowing that they were better just before the most recent V2.5 version

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

None of them were good.:(

No...the VF-1J actually was a step in the right direction...at that point they just needed to address the shape of the intakes and extend their landing gear so the gunpod doesn't drag....for some reason they thought the positioning of the rear tail was "off"...they adjusted the mold and that ruined fighter mode completely....they sadly  double-downed on the "fix" to something that did not need fixing instead of fixing something easy like extend the landing gears...oh well....up to that point they were improving their 1/72 with each release...without going back to V 2.0 VF-1J...in terms of the rear tail/leg tabs....even if they fixed the landing gears and re-tooled the intakes...it would still be a mess

18 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Are the KC's as good as:

-Arcadia VF-1's?

-Latest Version Yamato VF-1's

-Bandai DX VF-1's?

-Bandai HMR's?

The only thing I think a KC is better than is the Toynami stuff. And that isn't saying much!:p

If the KC's are "good". Compared to what? Toynami? "Better than nothing"? I'm genuinely curious where you think the KC's fit into the options available and why you would consider them good. Sell me on them (I do have one).

I'm not interested in trying to sell you or anyone else on anything....I was simply stating that they were an improvement over their own previous releases...I even said so in my post...

I liked where KC was going with their VF-1, but for me that has now changed....I'm sure some folks disagree and think they are still on a path of improvement....and that's ok....people can like or dislike whatever they want...they are free to spend their money as they see fit....more importantly, no one needs to provide you or anyone else with their reasons for why they buy or like something....unless they are a reviewer?  I am not, so you will need to remain "genuinely curious"....lol

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I'm not interested in trying to sell you or anyone else on anything....I was simply stating that they were an improvement over their own previous releases...I even said so in my post...

I liked where KC was going with their VF-1, but for me that has now changed....I'm sure some folks disagree and think they are still on a path of improvement....and that's ok....people can like or dislike whatever they want...they are free to spend their money as they see fit....more importantly, no one needs to provide you or anyone else with their reasons for why they buy or like something....unless they are a reviewer?  I am not, so you will need to remain "genuinely curious"....lol

I am in agreement with you and really dont care for the changes they made to the VF-1. Hoping they will make another revision to it for future releases. If not, kinda doubting I will buy any more of their VF-1 figures.

Also a little annoyed with the number of items I have put money up front on and have heard no updates about for long periods of time. 

21 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm asking you for information I may not have or a different opinion that may sway my own. Just a conversation.

-I said "None of them were good"

-You said "No"

I'm wondering where that "no" came from. I hear you when you say they're getting worse. My question is, were any of them good at any point (when compared to everything else available)?

There's nothing to "wonder" about....unless you think what you said, "none of them were good" was a fact that applies to everyone's opinion?  If so, I can assure you that your statement is 100% wrong....just look at the "limited" God of Fire" as an example....started at some low prod number and ballooned to whatever ridiculous "limited" amount it is at now....if folks thought it was not "good" it would have not sold out the initial PO....there is enough info out there to point out the "issues" with this toy, yet still people buy them....

But just to satiate your curiosity....I'll say it again...."NO", as I already explained....the releases starting from V 1.0 have steadily improved....once again...I am not comparing these to any other VF-1 PT toys produced by anyone else....I made no such claim in my original post....like I said before and now say for the third time...I was just comparing improvements within KC's own line...which logically includes everything from V 1.0 to the current 2.X...again, in my opinion, the Valk was "good" and the V 2.0 made it "better"...but that changed as of the recent V 2.X, which began with the release of the VF-1S Roy Focker....in my opinion it was a big step backwards....

This is nothing new...every company that produces valks has to start somewhere and then, hopefully, improve something about their product....but they usually do not deliberately make things worse....it usually is some production error that is either fixed through part swaps or corrected on the next release...

BTW, which version are you summing up your opinion about the KC 1/72 VF?  It sounds like you have only one...if it's the V1, then yeah...the average collector would have cut their losses and not continued on the KC journey

He answered your question: they're okay, they seemed to know what it would take to make them 'good' but they detoured and never quite got there. GOF sold well because there's hunger in the community for Jetfire, not because the toy is good. I would put them behind the HMR toys but if you're a sticker for perfect transformation that includes the chest shield, then you would put them ahead of HMR.

KC 1/72 line has it quirks,  it also has its benefits.      Level of Details with markings puts it on par with the Premium finish valks.   And if you have a problem KC is pretty quick to respond.   As opposed to Bandai..   anyone?  Yellowing Frontier valks,  HMR parts mismatch..   

The comment that none of them are good is Troll bait..   don't like it don't buy it.   

I bought in for the SD valks and I might be the only one still commenting on my desire for more of them..  (puts on flame suit)  I prefer them over the vintage Bandai Joke Machines.  

There I said it.  

I do agree @jvmacross about the latest version of VF1 valks,  particularly with the tab placements that just look weird on the 2.5  releases. 

1 hour ago, Chunky001 said:

Your ability to evade the simplest of questions is impressive. You should go into politics.

I already told you I am not reviewing these for you in terms of how they stack up to the competition....go else where if you want to debate their pros/cons against other brands....

22 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

The comment that none of them are good is Troll bait..   don't like it don't buy it.   

LOL

On 12/30/2022 at 3:01 PM, jvmacross said:

Makes no sense to compare to Toynami as those are a different scale....if you are new to collecting valks at a smaller scale than 1/60 or 1/48...it would make sense to wait and see what ThreeZero does with their 1/72 scale VF-1....

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/49682-threezero-robotech-macross-toys/#comment-1603591

However, if the KC would be your first foray into collecting VF-1 PT toys, then they may not disappoint too badly...sadly, as someone who has added each KC 1/72 VF-1 into their collection, the worst part about them is knowing that they were better just before the most recent V2.5 version

I was just comparing quality of detail of KC vs Toynami. 

I plan on just having them graded out of the box on loose scale for display only they will never be played with.  thanks for advice I am still learning again and new:)

13 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

Are the KC's as good as:

-Arcadia VF-1's?

-Latest Version Yamato VF-1's

-Bandai DX VF-1's?

-Bandai HMR's?

The only thing I think a KC is better than is the Toynami stuff. And that isn't saying much!:p

If the KC's are "good". Compared to what? Toynami? "Better than nothing"? I'm genuinely curious where you think the KC's fit into the options available and why you would consider them good. Sell me on them (I do have one).

They are Robotech, maybe the best on the Robotech Side at the moment? that's why I ordered them because I have autographs from all the robotech stars to add with them with photos of the pilots for a special set. 

I'm guessing your experience playing with them and quality feel in hand was kind of disappointing?

Your right all the Macross stuff is better in most ways but from a as far as my limited experience can tell just not sure detail wise.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12688

KitzConcept-172-Fast-Packs-4.jpg