10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'd really just be happier if things like this were never limited at all.  I can understand production limits, and having to manage factories, but arbitrarily limiting an item to induce a sense of collectability in it just feels unfitting for something of this nature.  It's a toy.. and you're limiting who gets to enjoy it?  Why?

I don't disagree, and I'm not one of them, but some do only get on board when there's a limited individually-numbered run of an item. Now KC has changed the terms after funds have changed hands, and I do wonder if some want to opt-out now due to that...and if they can. I can see how they would have a case.

Edited by Radioguy

On 9/3/2022 at 12:08 PM, jvmacross said:

I'd be curious if KC ever sold 1888 pieces of any of their "canon" VF's?

Hope they can produce one that is free of QC issues....this release probably has more eyes on it than usual, which won't help them if they produce another VF-1S "Rick Hunter"....

I would think it’s possible with either Roy or ‘Rick’, but in 2-3 days? Unlikely.

To me, it’s bonkers that KitConcept is the first company to give us a modern-day G1 Jetfire toy look-a-like. I thought this was a forever holy grail or unicorn. However, as cool as it is to see in pictures, I passed on it too. Those QC concerns are what keep me from committing to another KC VF-1.

That said, I do like to keep an eye on KC’s progress—and I guess I’ll watch for other interesting non-canon liveries that they may think up. If they can get the mold just right, I would be happy to take another look.

I'm thinking the "gift" should be a KitzConcept first-ever issue-free release for these "loyal fans"...

Hope it's free of faulty or missing tampo, busted joints, immovable joints, broken parts, un-glued parts, faulty parts, parts installed backwards, parts that break upon first handling, and other QC issues...

Best for KC to start praying to the God of Fire that at least 95% of the now 2600+ pieces are QC free when they ship out the door....I have a bad feeling that the majority of these new "loyal fans" won't be as forgiving as Macross fans if something goes wrong....again...

Good Luck KC!

10 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

LOL, is there one single person on the planet that thought they were buying a limited edition toy that would increase in value?:rofl: The core toy is garbage. It was never going to be something special.

That's why I didn't order. :spiteful:

Not that 2688pcs is a large number, it is still likely minuscule in comparison to Bandai’s already low DX release quantities, but it is getting rather comical when 2688 pcs is still advertised as ‘limited’ whilst other recent KC releases of say, the VF-1J CF was just 500pcs.

Great that more people can purchase this though.

14 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

The CG was only 500 units? KC must be absolutely falling down with excitement over this Jetfire release. They probably feel like they hit the lottery.

I could have sworn the VF-1J CF, VF-1A Max, Ben & CF were 500pcs each when it was up for PO, but looks like I’m wrong. They were each far, far less.. :rolleyes: (pics pulled from KC’s FB)

VF-1J CF: 399pcs

CA63A75E-2BBF-4370-85E9-EDF098DB8D6B.jpeg.05a400ba1910c5826488567a821546c9.jpeg

VF-1A CF: 180pcs

6DF08098-E896-44CF-A820-68EAB55ABD1B.jpeg.5ade765da21691f79e03eb4a6623ca4a.jpeg

VF-1A Max: 180pcs

14F33A8E-E4DD-4AD2-9FCE-45208C68EB63.jpeg.fcc0e705b902324b1a3cf121ada44616.jpeg

and drumroll for the true limited, VF-1A Ben: 98pcs!

F6B899C1-339E-4CD8-9082-F25A6DD94E57.jpeg.6db24529bf95d9f19e2ac9870054ceee.jpeg

3 hours ago, MKT said:

I could have sworn the VF-1J CF, VF-1A Max, Ben & CF were 500pcs each when it was up for PO, but looks like I’m wrong. They were each far, far less.. :rolleyes: (pics pulled from KC’s FB)

VF-1J CF: 399pcs

CA63A75E-2BBF-4370-85E9-EDF098DB8D6B.jpeg.05a400ba1910c5826488567a821546c9.jpeg

VF-1A CF: 180pcs

6DF08098-E896-44CF-A820-68EAB55ABD1B.jpeg.5ade765da21691f79e03eb4a6623ca4a.jpeg

VF-1A Max: 180pcs

14F33A8E-E4DD-4AD2-9FCE-45208C68EB63.jpeg.fcc0e705b902324b1a3cf121ada44616.jpeg

and drumroll for the true limited, VF-1A Ben: 98pcs!

F6B899C1-339E-4CD8-9082-F25A6DD94E57.jpeg.6db24529bf95d9f19e2ac9870054ceee.jpeg

...and even at those limited runs....some of those releases still had QC issues.........

VF-1J Standard.....right foot installed backwards

large.20220527_184343.jpg.e3b92d79415c7c

VF-1S "Rick"....complete mess...bad joints and tampo mess....

large.310265210_Rightlegloosejoint2.jpg.

large.1713994016_Incorrecttampopositionl

And this is just from the recent releases......I have yet to receive a KC VF-1 tat did not have some issue, even if minor.....the VF-1 Max and Millia came close but not 100%

I would be surprised if these "God of Fire" VF's are free of any QC issues...they can't even handle the QC on small runs.....

And the fact that their "new" Fast Packs do not fit securely in all three modes will probably disappoint some "transformer" collectors even if the release is free of QC issues...

Yeah...that was sort of the expectation when they were boasting about getting their own dedicated factory to produce their stuff....growing pains perhaps?

But based on their performance ever since moving production to their own manufacturing facility, it seems their problems have gotten worse....their explanation for the VF-1S Rick debacle was that a batch of confirmed QC'd bad assembly pieces somehow got mixed back into the batch that was marked for shipping...it seems like it is one screw up  after another....I'm hoping that the upcoming Regult, Glaugs and Destroids fare better....since they don't transform maybe they will be easier to assemble...fool's hope, I know....

Since they started out as a KO outfit, it wouldn't surprise me if they only have one injection mold machine. It would explain the low production numbers.

While I'm not a fan of this sculpt, as I don't care for the chunky intakes, I do like to keep tabs on what they are doing. They may very well be producing the best Robotech VF-1 ever.

Edited by DewPoint
Typo!

• 2 weeks later...

I have v1 Dark Gold and I do like the colors a lot. As a display piece, the gold and subtle silver panel lining makes it pop. But bear in mind with these current prices, you could get Yamato 1/48 non-canon schemes - low vis, 25th anniversary, stealth strike set, perhaps the woodland+armor as well. 

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

And here is their latest repaint up at BBTS:

Macross VF-1S Valkyrie (Dark Gold Ver.) with Fast Pack Armor 1/72 Scale Limited Edition Figure (bigbadtoystore.com)

f2a43620-21e5-4f87-8f71-37bb47f54a64.jpg

For $260? I just can't justify this, even if I wanted to get into another scale.

Another easy pass....guess I'll have to keep waiting for my Standard Super Parts that were supposed to come with the Super VF-1S "Rick Hunter"...along with  all the broken parts replacements I have not received yet...

6 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Unfortunately it's no better directly from Kitzconcept. They want 209 + 54 shipping (unless you do slow boat I think that was 28ish).

At least if you order from BBTS you don't have to pay until it comes in.

At least for me, if I order through KC, I don't have to pay taxes like I do through BBTS.  Shipping through the slow boat method also still gets it to you about the same time, if not sooner, than BBTS is receiving their stock and shipping it out.  That's been my experience, anyway.

Edited by mantisfists

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

At least for me, if I order through KC, I don't have to pay taxes like I do through BBTS.  Shipping through the slow boat method also still gets it to you about the same time, if not sooner, than BBTS is receiving their stock and shipping it out.  That's been my experience, anyway.

Good point I hadn't considered the taxes if you are buying in the US. 

I really enjoyed the original gold and black version (and red and black) so will probably cave and get this set.