11 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

THIS IS NOT A TOY!  in bold letters...   uuuummm  yes it is.

No it’s not. You gotta use their upcoming micronization chamber and secure some protocultre flowers from harmony gold and you’ll be good to go. 

On 5/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, jvmacross said:

Yep..well, I think what they did is assembled the foot/thruster on the right leg backwards!

large.20220527_184328.jpg.a9e9af47f2de55

large.20220527_184343.jpg.e3b92d79415c7c

KC apologized and said they felt it was just mine that got mis-assembled.....two replacement legs will be sent to me...

As far as the "confused color" placement...I had let KC know about it a while back when they released the Max and Ben VF-1A's, which they also "confused" the colors on....oh well, not that big of a deal....I'll just have to live with it

If anyone gets their VF-1A Standard, hope yours is put together correctly!

I don't know about the KC version since I ditched mine awhile ago, but the HMR feet are on a ball joint which you can pop off and pop back on the right way. With new legs coming, you want to test that out?

15 hours ago, Big s said:

No it’s not. You gotta use their upcoming micronization chamber and secure some protocultre flowers from harmony gold and you’ll be good to go. 

HAHA,  almost forgot about that...   Damn you HG!  😅

37 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I been waiting days for someone to post a "two left feet" joke. :unknw: I guess I'll have to keep on waiting. :p

With those legs, everyone was confused with left being right and up being down. We were all lost

5 hours ago, vladykins said:

I don't know about the KC version since I ditched mine awhile ago, but the HMR feet are on a ball joint which you can pop off and pop back on the right way. With new legs coming, you want to test that out?

They do extend in/out, so I'll have to check....otherwise, I think, unless there is also glue in play...that removing the leg screw hole covers and then removing the screws will allow for easy access to the feet/thrusters....I actually have a busted leg off of a VF-1J that was replaced by KC...maybe I can experiment with that one first...

On 5/31/2022 at 9:58 AM, vladykins said:

So the KC feet/thrusters are also on a ball joint....unfortunately, it is too tight and I really do not want to damage it....however, it does seem like the issue was simply an assemby error....all that needs to happen to correct it, is to turn the feet 180 degrees, but that cannot happen without disassembly...or as you suggested, pop it off and pop it back in facing the correct position.....but the dang thing is so tight I am afraid to rip the ball joint off...maybe once I have the replacement leg in hand, I can try it with less worry about damaging it

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So the KC feet/thrusters are also on a ball joint....unfortunately, it is too tight and I really do not want to damage it....however, it does seem like the issue was simply an assemby error....all that needs to happen to correct it, is to turn the feet 180 degrees, but that cannot happen without disassembly...or as you suggested, pop it off and pop it back in facing the correct position.....but the dang thing is so tight I am afraid to rip the ball joint off...maybe once I have the replacement leg in hand, I can try it with less worry about damaging it

Yeah, I can understand wanting to wait until you have the sure thing in.  :)

My orders finally cleared customs after a strangely long delay. I opened all of my recent figures and mostly everything looks good, no backwards feet or anything on my 1J.

The 1S Rick has some major painting errors though... the side of one leg is a mess and one side of the cockpit/nose has no paint at all. I reached out to Kitzconcept and they said they will send me a new one. I really appreciate their excellent customer service!

3 hours ago, Corrinald said:

My orders finally cleared customs after a strangely long delay. I opened all of my recent figures and mostly everything looks good, no backwards feet or anything on my 1J.

The 1S Rick has some major painting errors though... the side of one leg is a mess and one side of the cockpit/nose has no paint at all. I reached out to Kitzconcept and they said they will send me a new one. I really appreciate their excellent customer service!

I guess you could strip it and do a custom paint job since a replacement is on the way

4 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Did KC admit to it being a production line error, which could be an issue with several of the Rick-1S, or did they think it was a one-off issue...can you post some pics of the problem areas when you have a chance...I still have not opened mine so would be good to know if the issues are potentially the same on mine....

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Did KC admit to it being a production line error, which could be an issue with several of the Rick-1S, or did they think it was a one-off issue...can you post some pics of the problem areas when you have a chance...I still have not opened mine so would be good to know if the issues are potentially the same on mine....

They didn't specify if it was a one off issue or not. Figured I could touch up the leg but then I saw the cockpit area. Here's the pics:

IMG_20220607_142029084.jpg

IMG_20220607_142043938.jpg

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

They didn't specify if it was a one off issue or not. Figured I could touch up the leg but then I saw the cockpit area. Here's the pics:

Looks like they messed up in several ways. Definitely a good candidate for a repaint project 

2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

Oh wow...that is pretty sloppy....guess I better check mine asap....

I see that the battery cover underneath the cockpit area seems like it is not flush...I think the V2.5 Fokker-1S has the same issue...but oddly enough, this part is flush on the rest of their VF-1 releases...I did not bring this up to them yet as I feel their current V2.5 mold has worse issues at the moment...

Edited by jvmacross

So opened my KC VF-1S "Rick Hunter".......unfortunately, more QC failures......

2 major ones....and one minor one...

The first major fail is that the joint holding the upper right-side leg is essentially non-existent...it droops and will not hold its position...the left leg is fine....

large.310265210_Rightlegloosejoint2.jpg.

The second QC fail involves tampo.....

The right side of the cockpit is fine.....

large.1148207956_correcttampopositionrig

The left side of the cokpit...not so much.....it's like one guy at the factory said, "how can we possibly screw up the tampo worse than Bandai?"...and his buddy replied..."Hold my beer"....

large.1713994016_Incorrecttampopositionl

The last is more of a nitpick since at this point, why the f@ck not?.....QC control on the heat shield.....

large.554866032_heatshieldmark.jpg.63de4

I'll be reaching out to KC, I'm not sure if leg replacements alone will fix these issues....I'll see what they say.......oh and the battery cover for the cockpit lighting compartment is also bent out of shape like the Focker VF-1S V2.5...forgot to get a pic of that! ;)

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So opened my KC VF-1S "Rick Hunter".......unfortunately, more QC failures......

2 major ones....and one minor one...

The first major fail is that the joint holding the upper right-side leg is essentially non-existent...it droops and will not hold its position...the left leg is fine....

large.310265210_Rightlegloosejoint2.jpg.

The second QC fail involves tampo.....

The right side of the cockpit is fine.....

large.1148207956_correcttampopositionrig

The left side of the cokpit...not so much.....it's like one guy at the factory said, "how can we possibly screw up the tampo worse than Bandai?"...and his buddy replied..."Hold my beer"....

large.1713994016_Incorrecttampopositionl

The last is more of a nitpick since at this point, why the f@ck not?.....QC control on the heat shield.....

large.554866032_heatshieldmark.jpg.63de4

I'll be reaching out to KC, I'm not sure if leg replacements alone will fix these issues....I'll see what they say.......oh and the battery cover for the cockpit lighting compartment is also bent out of shape like the Focker VF-1S V2.5...forgot to get a pic of that! ;)

Yeah, I think anyone getting this product needs to check it for drunken painting problems at this point 

9 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, I think anyone getting this product needs to check it for drunken painting problems at this point 

Yuppers I agree,  I will need to check mine.   

On the plus side at least KC customer service is pretty solid.

So KC responded and said that my copy, along with several others, were part of a "bad batch" that had been sorted out, but somehow one of their workers put them back into the "good batch"....so will be getting a replacement at some point....

I also brought up the cockpit battery cover fitting issue, which seems to affect both of my V2.5 VF-1S Roy and now Rick....they want to see some pics, so will send those out along with pics of the same part on the VF-1J and VF-1As, which do not seem to have this issue....will post the pics here too...maybe some of you may also have this issue on their own copies...

Here are the pics demonstrating the issues I was referring to regarding the poor fitment issues with the battery cover found underneath the cockpit area...I will list them WORST (not flush) to BEST (very flush)....

VF-1S Roy V2.5......

large.1936867381_VF-1SRoyFokkercockpitBa

VF-1S Rick........

large.780328481_VF-1SRickHuntercockpitBa

VF-1J Standard.....

large.1789846998_VF-1JStandardcockpitBat

VF-1A Standard.....

large.1485323315_VF-1AStandardcockpitBat

VF-1A Ben.......

large.561315569_VF-1ABencockpitbatteryco

VF-1A Max.......

large.336879515_VF-1AMaxcockpitbatteryco

VF-1J Rick V2.0....

large.60193244_VF-1JRickHuntercockpitBat

I have opened and reseated the covers and this is as good as it gets with all of them....

The worst offenders are the 2 recent VF-1S V2.5's...the Roy and Rick.......not sure what's going on but it almost looks like a bad batch of battery cover parts...they just don't sit flush, almost like they are warped......

Anyway, I sent these pics to KC, waiting to see what they have to say about it.......

Anyone else seeing these issues with their KC VF-1's? ;)

Edited by jvmacross

I think it's cool that there are more companies tackling Macross products, but this is looking pretty rough. At least they seem to keep the lines of communication open.

I guess the VF-1 Valkyrie is just very difficult to get right. Lotta nuance in the design.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else get their notification on the Super M&M?

I went ahead and paid the extra 30 dollars for expedited shipping....

They said that the parts to "fix" my VF-1S Hikaru will ship with my 1/12 Advanced Rick figure in August along with my Fast Packs V 2, if production completes on them

Edited by jvmacross

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone else get their notification on the Super M&M?

I went ahead and paid the extra 30 dollars for expedited shipping....

They said that the parts to "fix" my VF-1S Hikaru will ship with my 1/12 Advanced Rick figure in August along with my Fast Packs V 2, if production completes on them

Yeah, I went ahead and did the same they are sending out what I need to fix my 1S Hikaru,  along with my M&M order.     I forgot to inquire about the V2 fastpacks.

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Yeah, I went ahead and did the same they are sending out what I need to fix my 1S Hikaru,  along with my M&M order.     I forgot to inquire about the V2 fastpacks.

I really appreciate how quickly KC is churning out these 1\72 VF-1's...but each release seems to have some issues that they then need to follow up on...hoping the Super M&M sets come out free of any QC issues so I don't need to contact their customer service desk for once....lol

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I really appreciate how quickly KC is churning out these 1\72 VF-1's...but each release seems to have some issues that they then need to follow up on...hoping the Super M&M sets come out free of any QC issues so I don't need to contact their customer service desk for once....lol

I hear you on this one,  I'll probably check mine out once I get them.

8 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I hear you on this one,  I'll probably check mine out once I get them.

I normally am content with keeping my stuff misb until the day  when I have the time to open them....but KC products now have become my exception to this routine...and once opened I usually just pick a mode and leave it be....they seem more like kits to me in terms of handling....they look nice, but sort of fragile IMO

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So this arrived faster then I expected.     I probably won't get these open for a day or 2,  but I will try and go over them this weekend.

KCMaxandMillia1.jpg.f96db936a0af3f90b466ec7fd9358893.jpg

KCMaxandMillia2.jpg.225c8289b4c555c02e427e8e4e3df0f1.jpg

KCMax1.jpg.5e588cd896c7fb2b5c3c03bc59efdc16.jpg

KCMillia1.jpg.3b6144adfcb40a5a01b46ee3710be629.jpg

That was quick!

Is everything inside one box?

Hoping these are free of QC issues...