1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I thought they're Hong Kong based? Are all their products shipped from China and not from Hong Kong?

Isn't Hong Kong effectively "in" China now? I was under the impression that COVID was the cover the CCP needed to tighten the noose.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Isn't Hong Kong effectively "in" China now? I was under the impression that COVID was the cover the CCP needed to tighten the noose.

I know that. I'm just under the impression that the item will ship from Hong Kong and not from China. Even if Hong Kong is "in" China now, I'm not 100% sure if they're following the same shipping rules.

Anyways, if BBTS is the best route for you, @Podtastic. Might as well wait until they list the item. ;) 

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I know that. I'm just under the impression that the item will ship from Hong Kong and not from China. Even if Hong Kong is "in" China now, I'm not 100% sure if they're following the same shipping rules.

Anyways, if BBTS is the best route for you, @Podtastic. Might as well wait until they list the item. ;) 

Yeah, I have no idea. I was wondering if someone else did.

I do know shipping in general out of China is an absolute disaster right now. I get stuff manufactured in China at a plant that is well away from Shanghai (which is locked down hard and also their biggest shipping hub) and it's still screwing with shipping times. My latest shipment is coming UPS Freight (by air) and it looks like it's still going to take  45 days to get here. It of course has to be trucked to the airport then trucked from a hub near me to me, but that's still quite a while. Last time I shipped UPS out of there it took 11 days.

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

China doesn't allow shipping to SA? Why?

I didn't ask, I just assumed it was Co-Vid related.  

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not 100% sure if they're following the same shipping rules.

Is there any reason why they wouldn't after the takeover? In any case their site doesn't allow it, and they informed me that their "Post Office has suspended all mailing services to your countries".

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Apparently that's going to be "when the Officer's Pod and Destroids are ready for pre-order".

Logically this means the Destroids and Officer's Pod must be coming up for pre-order this year.

Edited by Podtastic

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I didn't ask, I just assumed it was Co-Vid related.  

Is there any reason why they wouldn't after the takeover? In any case their site doesn't allow it, and they informed me that their "Post Office has suspended all mailing services to your countries".

Apparently that's going to be "when the Officer's Pod and Destroids are ready for pre-order".

Logically this means the Destroids and Officer's Pod must be coming up for pre-order this year.

How much does BBTS charge you to ship from the US?

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

How much does BBTS charge you to ship from the US?

Looks around 20% of the order total.

The downside is that they just use "Express Mail International" rather than an actual courier service, despite my insistence. So far none of their shipments to me have been stolen or left to rot at a processing hub by postal workers, but its just a matter of time. Using our PO is like playing Russian Roulette, except in this case there is only one empty chamber in the revolver (and only 10% of the time).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else get emailed by KC regarding the 1/72 Super VF-1S TV "Rick Hunter"?

I responded by asking whether or not the set will include the V2.5 VF-1 with the new leg tabs and a set of V2.0 Fast Packs, since the V1.0 Fast Packs are not compatible with the VF-1 V2.5.....waiting for reply

TBH, I would prefer they would have went back to the original mold used for the V2.0 VF-1J Hikaru, but I think they are doubling down on their leg tab blunder...releasing V1.0 Fast Packs with the upcoming 1/72 Super VF-1S TV Hikaru bundle will just add insult to injury IMO

6 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Yeah,  my email asked me how you wanted to ship.    Seemed to be Surface (free) or $22 for express.      Standard shipping option apparently is still not available from HK to US.

$22 is pretty reasonable.....I'll probably go with that

Still, I am hoping for them to just clarify what exactly we will be getting with the TV Super VF-1S bundle

So in case anyone was wondering....KC will be releasing the Super VF-1S Rick Hunter "bundle" as a V2.5 and will be including a set of V1 Fast Packs....meaning the packs will not be able to be mounted properly in Fighter mode....gerwalk and battroid modes should not have an issue locking their fast pack armor in place due to the V2.5 leg tab placements...but the arms will not be able to be properly held in place by the leg tabs  with the arm packs mounted while in fighter mode...they will just hang on via friction and a prayer.....

This is terrible, of course....so I am hoping they will be able to modify the fast packs to work with their badly redesigned leg tabs by the time they get to the M & M Super -1Js

Edited by jvmacross

On 4/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Seemed to be Surface (free) or $22 for express.

Where does that go to? To your door or to the Post Office?

If it is the Post office what is their rate of parcel tampering/parcel theft? And how many months do they take to deliver the parcel once it clears customs?

4 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Where does that go to? To your door or to the Post Office?

If it is the Post office what is their rate of parcel tampering/parcel theft? And how many months do they take to deliver the parcel once it clears customs?

Items from KC generally come right to my doorstep.    And generally (knocks on wood) have been pretty fast.   I would expect my package in 7-10 days.   Customs at least for me is pretty quick.

15 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Items from KC generally come right to my doorstep.    And generally (knocks on wood) have been pretty fast.   I would expect my package in 7-10 days.   Customs at least for me is pretty quick.

So cheap and fast? Nice.

We have to use expensive couriers over here or there is at least  a 95% chance of not getting the parcel. And as for speed of delivery well, in a comparative study our post office delivery speed was vastly outmatched by the ancient Roman Empire. Worse, they tied with a common garden snail (actually I cant believe the snail did not win).😲

postboxcourierdelivery234.jpg

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=100

It's a shame that KC finally got this toy to more or less stay together in the modes that were the biggest problems, gerwalk and battroid....then fudged up fighter mode and didn't bother to redesign that modes biggest problem....the ginourmous intakes...

The completist beast within is telling me that two modes out of three ain't that bad....:girl_devil:

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Why get this if you already have the HMR?

In the Regult's case you get a cockpit fitting pilot. What is special here?

I’m not into these myself and also agree about the hmr being better, but some people like the line and the scale. They oddly enough might have a better chance of putting out the oddball entries Bandai and Arcadia haven’t

4 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I'm pretty sure it's like asking people too that already have Yamato and Arcadia VF-1's, still buys the DX version. For some probably the scale. For some probably the collectibility of it. Or probably because this lights up and the others out there didn't. ;) 

7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

To each their own I suppose. I don't understand why I have the HMR's and 1/48 Yamato's. One pair seems plenty.:unknw:

On the other hand I have every transforming Skull One ever made (and some that don't). That doesn't make sense to me either.:fool:

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure it's like asking people too that already have Yamato and Arcadia VF-1's, still buys the DX version. For some probably the scale. For some probably the collectibility of it. Or probably because this lights up and the others out there didn't. ;) 

The Completist's Code is like an itch.  He cannot help it....

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

If KC releases a VF-1D this line will have more VF-1 variants from Macross TV than the HMR line.

Currently tied....but it seems like it will surpass it soon, with or without the VF-1D :unknw:

HMR:

VF-1J TV

VF-1A TV/DYRL combo

VF-1D

VF-1J Max (hybrid TV/DYRL)

VF-1J Millia (hybrid TV/DYRL)

KC VF-1 1/72 line:

VF-1J

VF-1S

VF-1A CF

VF-1A Max

VF-1A "Ben"