I think it's important to remember that fighter mode, while not bad, has never been the strength of the KitzConcept. If the improvements make Guardian better without completely ruining fighter mode, then it's still probably a step in the right direction. If the backpack is high but the toy looks more level, then they just picked a different poison. There are still areas for improvement... like you said, the landing gear length is a glaring issue. 

As for ThreeZero... I'm going to believe that when I own one. I'm guessing it will cost twice as much as the KC and be half as durable without much upside... if it ever gets made at all. 

Sorry, the improvements I were referring to were your earlier conversation about the intakes latching better in guardian. If the tweaks from 2.0 to 2.1 mean the intakes lock better then it's probably still trending in the right direction, despite the curious decision with the leg pegs and backpack. 

Yes....the way everything tabs in place now (based on what wasn't on V 2.0) is more or less resolved....the only thing now would a complete redesign of the intakes themselves which are too blocky when judged against the lineart...the misstep on the leg tabs just sort of makes the improvements a wash imho...still, it is now much better in gerwalk and battroid...as long as you can ignore the extremely long leg tabs....which don't actually tab in correctly with this latest revision of their VF-1....they actually cannot tab in all the way and just half way at most....not visible in most fighter poses, but what it does do is ruin the position of the rear vertical stabilizers....again, something that some photo tricks can disguise...like with the giant intakes...:rolleyes:

I guess since I like to display my VFs in a hangar or carrier deck diorama....the new version does not lend itself well for those type of display poses when in fighter mode...first world problems I suppose....8)

@jvmacross That's disappointing that they aren't acknowledging the newly created issue. I will email them with pictures and explain my experiences. That's at least one more person documenting problems with the newest version. Was hoping they would say something about a new Fast Packs version. They don't mount very well in the first place and now the arms can't be placed in fighter mode at all. Also I loosened my backpack considerably trying to remove the stupid booster bracket.

There really wasn't anything wrong with the 2.0 VF-1J. Mine looks great in fighter mode and so does every other one I have seen pictures or videos of.  

Yes, they seem to be characterizing the change to the leg tabs as a  "fix"....I am highly doubtful that many of their customers were citing this as a major problem that needed correction, which means that this was something likely pushed through by someone within their own design team....as I said, they may or may not "revert" based on feedback, but for now they apparently do not consider it a problem....not sure how or if it is even possible to cancel a PO since they take immediate deposits....a wave of cancellations may get the message across...as far as I am concerned, it was unecessary and should be reversed or re-engineered to lower the backpack...not sure how other buyers feel and I have no idea if negative feedback would even turn into a redesign or some sort of "fix" for those of us who took the bait and switch...;)

These just arrived today...

CannonFodderandRoyV2.jpg.c6963249727e28755c8b57e23f17c2e0.jpg

As for the current issues,  I am more likely interested in seeing what the fast packs look like when I attempt to mount them.   I at least plan on doing that to the Cannon Fodder 1A,  and eventually Max and Millia when they get released.       

The tabs on the legs now cannot be "unseen" and I am not sure what problem they were trying to address by doing this. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, Tober said:

Sorry to break up the 1/72 talk. But it looks like the 1/12 ACTION FIGURES SERIES - DANA STERLING WITH SC AMOUR has been pushed bect to December 2022. :unsure:

Its much of a muchness, given that nothing is shipping from Hong Kong until the CCP decides it suits them anyway.

• 2 months later...

I'm into those Destroid prototypes. HaHa! Who knew KC would get to the Tomahawk and Phalanx before Bandai?

Still, it's very cool to see them included in this initial trio. Looking forward to seeing them all painted.

Hm. Are those KC's signature LEDs on the Defender? That could be a cool added play function on these. 

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So KC is moving into the destroids..  nice.      Might be willing to keep going depending on pricing.

I need a good excuse to keep supporting them after their bewildering tinkering of their 1/72 VF-1 leg tabs....still have not heard from them if they will go back to how they were on the V2.0 or double-down on their V2.5 screw up...

The clear parts on the missiles and guns of the destroids makes me hesitant- not sure if they will make those light-up, which some may think is cool but is a bit of a turn-off for me. I'd love a Phalanx but not with light up missiles. And the whole gun pod assembly on the Tomahawk lighting up? No thanks.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

The clear parts on the missiles and guns of the destroids makes me hesitant- not sure if they will make those light-up, which some may think is cool but is a bit of a turn-off for me. I'd love a Phalanx but not with light up missiles. And the whole gun pod assembly on the Tomahawk lighting up? No thanks.

These are just prototypes that are unpainted. They probably just molded those parts on the same runner as the clear parts and will be painted later. Then again who knows 

13 minutes ago, Big s said:

These are just prototypes that are unpainted. They probably just molded those parts on the same runner as the clear parts and will be painted later. Then again who knows 

True. What KC will do with those parts is all speculation at this point.

Given how their VF-1 compares to Bandai's Hi-Metal R, though, I'm thinking that these Destroids are not going to be a good option for 1:100 scale purists.

56 minutes ago, Big s said:

While it is speculation, KC does like incorporating LED lights into their VF-1s and appears to have done so for the sensor on the Regult as well. It appears they have them on the spotlights on the Defender and it looks like you can see an LED bulb on the autocannon gun pod as well. The specific choice to use clear plastic in these zones leads me to believe they'll be lighting them up with LEDs.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Given how their VF-1 compares to Bandai's Hi-Metal R, though, I'm thinking that these Destroids are not going to be a good option for 1:100 scale purists.

Way better than the current options:;)

-1/60

-Nothing

29 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Except no Spartan yet (or Monster) so you'll still be incomplete. ;)

I was thinking worse case I could mix the 1/100's and 1/72's. It may not be THAT bad. IDK.

The HMR Spartan is just under 6" at the antennae.

The HMR Defender is 5.375".

A HMR VF-1 in Battroid is 6.375" at the antennae. 

A HMR Regult is 7.75"

The HMR Monster is about 8" tall (I don't want to pull my display apart to get an exact measurement). And it's loooooooong and wide.

I'm guessing the KC's will be in the 6.25"-6.5" range. That may not be too bad as far as scaling goes considering Destroids don't conflict visually in size with VF-1's and the Destroids are all over the place as far as size goes.

Fingers crossed. I've pretty much given up on HMR Destroids.

Edited by sqidd

7 hours ago, vladykins said:

Maybe they will include missile launch effect parts like they are doing with the GBP armor sets?

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

A HMR VF-1 in Battroid is 6.375" at the antennae. 

According to anymoon, it's real close. The v2 KitzConcept VF-1 stands 197mm in Batroid whereas the HMR stands 193mm in the same mode.

If the same holds true for the Destroids, then sweet. B))

I'm still flip-flopping about picking up any of the v2 KC Valkyries, though. :unsure:

51 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

So if the Regult is 19.685 cm then the 7.75 cm must be the pilot's height. That's rather small, but I guess he would have to be to fit in the cockpit.🤨

Yes, that is the pilot's height as per KitzConcept description.

KitzConcept has now have the 1/72 Battle Pod available for preorder on their website for $125.90 with deposit of $65.90.

- stands 25cm high
- fully articulated for maximum poseability
- high metal content
- light up LED effects
- One unit of Gluu-Ger is included (Stands 7.5cm high, fully poseable articulation)
- display stand

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93

1170429633_1_72BATTLEPOD-1000x1000.jpg.e915a60a7118e497694054c7bc20b3dd.jpg

Oops. I searched but now I have no idea where I got that number--my bad.

Anyway, yeah...KC's Valkyrie stands a whole head and shoulders above Bandai's HMR so it would be a noticeable difference in size. Not necessarily a deterrent to those who want a complete set of Destroids but still worth noting, I guess. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

KitzConcept has now have the 1/72 Battle Pod available for preorder on their website for $125.90 with deposit of $65.90.

I cancelled my orders with them (not their fault) due to China not shipping to SA, and who knows when that will change. So I and switched to BBTs, which they informed me is their US distributor.

If I hadn't I would still be waiting for Roy Fokker.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

stands 25cm high

- fully articulated for maximum poseability- high metal content
- light up LED effects
- One unit of Gluu-Ger is included (Stands 7.5cm high, fully poseable articulation)
- display stand

Three things I asked them about:

• Whether the pilot will have a rifle
  • Whether the thrusters could be made to look pinkish (translucent pink bulbs?) rather than orange to be more show accurate.
  • The date the pre-order will come up at BBTS

And their answers are:

• The pilot will NOT come with a rifle
  • The thruster colour they will have to discuss with, inter alia, the licensor. (This is entirely expected. While I believe that anime accurate differentiation of the sensor eye and thrusters light colour will enhance the product, its still just a suggestion from a single customer.)
  • No specific date, but they did say that it would the same time that the "Officer's Pod and Destroids" come up from pre-order.

Edited by Podtastic