5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks for posting the head's up....PO'd VF-1S Roy V2.0 and Max VF-1A....

I just did the same thing.

I was debating the V2 Roy but went for it..  I already have all the other limited run versions anyway.

Where are my SD valks!.. lol  the whole reason why I started.

1 hour ago, CoryHolmes said:

What does it mean when the site says, "Shipping to North America not allowed" or words to that effect?  Should I order or not even bother?

It's probably due to their Post Office suspending airmail services to the United States. Best to contact them and ask what's the best way of having it ship to you.

Here's their message on the 1/72 VF-1A Max page:

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=87

IMPORTANT SHIPPING REMARKS
- Our Post Office has suspended all airmail services to Australia, Canada, France, Mexico and USA from 1 Jan 2022 until further notice.  All express delivery orders to these countries can only be shipped when the services are resumed.

Ben's VF-1A just went up for pre-order.  Same price as Max but limited to supposedly 98 pieces compared to the 198 for Max according to their Facebook post.  Does that even make sense?  BBTS is carrying Max so I assume they will have Ben as well.  Shipping is ridiculous to the US as well.  Ordering post via "Express Mail" for 7-14 days is $66 when shipping actually resumes.  Individually shipping each piece is $34 so not much of a break buying more.

Screenshot_20220119-010528.png

I asked KitzConcept if the videos recently posted are showing improvements over the V2.0 VF-1J release and they said they do.  So I guess the next batch of 1/72 VF-1's will be V2.5......guess it'll be a while before I can get a hold of mine as I am opting to hold off on shipping.  My biggest issues are the connection points when in gerwalk...the video really doesn't show an improvement as far as I can tell.  The other thing I do not like is how they are painting the cockpits....they have that goofy chrome look to them

8 hours ago, mantisfists said:

I can't remember, does Kitzconcept charge taxes if you live in The States?

Nope. They don't charge sales tax but their shipping cost makes buying from BBTS cheaper option even with the sales tax charged by BBTS.

13 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

So BBTS might be the better option?

KitzConcept shipped to the California, US (as an example) will cost you US$ 173.90. (139 + 34 shipping)

BBTS shipped to California will cost you around US$ 179.xx. (159.99 + 9.62% tax (atleast based on my purchase history) + 4 flat rate)

Yeah. If you're in the US, it's best to get it from BBTS. You just have to wait a little longer but atleast if you have problem/s with the item, sending it back to them is less hassle than sending it back to KitzConcept (Shipping International). But if you want to save a few bucks, order it directly from KitzConcept. However at this point, KitzConcept PO for 'Ben' & Max are already sold out. Since the production number is low for these two, not sure how that will impact BBTS PO's.

Edited by no3Ljm

Cannon Fodder now available for preorder.

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=89

Out of curiosity, I asked on Facebook why they were making such limited runs of their latest products and the answer was refreshingly honest. I think he thought I was upset that they were sold out but he said that the response for the new figures was not expected and that they would do what they could do locate a figure for me.  I'd already preordered through BBTS and was just curious as to the limited run, but I thought the response was very cool and open.  The prices on these figures is getting high enough for me to doubt whether or not I'll continue with the line much further but every interaction I've had with KC has very much made me want to support the company.  

I also sent him a link to this thread in case he wanted to get some feedback from people who are purchasing his products.  

35 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Cannon Fodder now available for preorder.

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=89

Out of curiosity, I asked on Facebook why they were making such limited runs of their latest products and the answer was refreshingly honest. I think he thought I was upset that they were sold out but he said that the response for the new figures was not expected and that they would do what they could do locate a figure for me.  I'd already preordered through BBTS and was just curious as to the limited run, but I thought the response was very cool and open.  The prices on these figures is getting high enough for me to doubt whether or not I'll continue with the line much further but every interaction I've had with KC has very much made me want to support the company.  

I also sent him a link to this thread in case he wanted to get some feedback from people who are purchasing his products.  

Kitzconcept has exceptional customer service. They are always both friendly and helpful when talking to customers. This is a large part of the reason I enjoy supporting them. They also keep making improvements to their products which is great to see.

I like the strategy. They can always do more runs later. Produce every 1A in one production run, save some money, and not risk producing more than you need. I just don't like paying up front, especially with their history of delays, so I switched to buying from BBTS. 

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Damn KC is really trying to get me to collect their 1/72 scale line.  I want that articulated Zentradi Soldier as well.

The V 2.0 was good....and the latest releases that include the TV VF-1S Roy and the TV VF-1A's are supposed to be V 2.5....so hoping that they fixed some of the areas that needed improvement...as it stands...it basically is like a smaller scale "DX", in terms of posability....the regult is a really cool addition to the line and it will do what the HMR didn't...which was to fit a pilot...I would have been satisfied with a rubber figurine...but they are making it "articulated"....looking forward to seeing what they have come up with....

I may double dip on a V 2.5 VF-1J if the improvements are worth upgrading to one