• 2 weeks later...

Thought I was done with their figures but the quality increase with little Roy impressed me enough to continue with them.  I really like the look of this figure but concerned how a soft good figure would look next to non-soft good figs.

32 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Thought I was done with their figures but the quality increase with little Roy impressed me enough to continue with them.  I really like the look of this figure but concerned how a soft good figure would look next to non-soft good figs.

Worry not because they're probably going to remake all the previous releases down the line and make them soft good. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

267988981_3116861995236840_3913431716698689764_n.jpg.ec235656616c540f99e7331afb2c0756.jpg

Facebook page says that if support is good, a Spartan would come as well.  Odd that they'd release just three of the Destroids.  Of course, their GBP armor was supposed to release in September of this year.......still waiting.  It will be interesting to see what light up features and gimmicks they'll include, though.

41 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Facebook page says that if support is good, a Spartan would come as well.

A Spartan would be most welcome, since Wave never produced one.  There are mass-produced injection-molded kits from Bandai and Wave far superior to the Kitz Concept models depicted above, however... <_<

...although I guess this is still good news for the toy-only collectors.

Edited by tekering

I doubt we will really see them next year. Their releases are always 6+ months behind the initial dates announced. Maybe some prototypes will be shown in summer.

That being said it will be cool to have these in 1/72 scale. They also said in some Facebook comments that the VF-1 has been modified even further. Curious to see what they have done with it now

9 hours ago, mantisfists said:

267988981_3116861995236840_3913431716698689764_n.jpg.ec235656616c540f99e7331afb2c0756.jpg

Facebook page says that if support is good, a Spartan would come as well.  Odd that they'd release just three of the Destroids.  Of course, their GBP armor was supposed to release in September of this year.......still waiting.  It will be interesting to see what light up features and gimmicks they'll include, though.

Kinda makes sense that Spartan would be the last one to come. The other 3 Desdroids all share the entire bottom half, reducing the number of unique molds and the design work required.

The Regult also shares a lot with possible missile/scout variants, plus being an enemy mecha which (in the US) means army-building.

I am all for encouraging Kitzconcept to further refine their 1/72 VF-1, and would greatly enjoy these readily available, since we are not likely to see Bandai/Arcadia VF-1 designs as part of the World Wide Macross initiative. I would really like to acquire myself the VF-1J Rick and the new VF-1S Fokker custom that should be coming out soon.

Twich

On 12/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, mantisfists said:

It will be interesting to see what light up features and gimmicks they'll include, though

Aren't you thinking of Kidslogic? I know they're into those expensive and totally unnecessary gimmicks.

15 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Regult also shares a lot with possible missile/scout variants, plus being an enemy mecha which (in the US) means army-building.

In, but not limited to, the US.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else receive the email from KC regarding the shipment for the VF-1S Roy V 2.0 and the VF-1S Rick V 2.0?  In the email they say mention airmail to the US and a select other countries has been suspended, leaving only surface mail as an option.  

Dear Customer,

The first batch of our 1/72 VF-1S is expected to be available before Chinese New Year Holidays.

Initially, we are going to have the Rick version only.  We received many feedbacks requesting to have Roy version
instead.  So, we decided to produce a smaller quantity of 1-S Roy after 1-S Rick.  

However, our factory has made a mistake which may be a good news to you.  They mixed up the quantity and the
sequence and now, VF-1S Roy is in production and the Rick Version will be in Feb after CNY holidays.

Please let us know whether you will change your order to 1S Roy.  

We would like to arrange for the collection of the balance too.  Before we send the invoice, please double check your
delivery information.   It will be very kind of you if you can repeat it in your reply.

Lastly, for the shipments to Australia, Canada, Mexico and USA, our Post Office has suspended all airmail services,
including Speedpost to these countries from 1 Jan 2022.  The only alternative is by Surface Mail which we don't
recommend as it takes more than 4 months for delivery.  We will wait and send out the parcel immediately when the
services are resumed.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Kitzconcept Ltd

I got the email about the VF-1S Rick/Roy too and the balance invoice for them. Went with the surface Mail because I am not paying any higher shipping fees.  Curious to see if these have further changes to them based on their Facebook page comments 

Looks like my reissue VF-1J and Heavy Armor just shipped too.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:27 AM, jvmacross said:

Anyone else receive the email from KC regarding the shipment for the VF-1S Roy V 2.0 and the VF-1S Rick V 2.0?  In the email they say mention airmail to the US and a select other countries has been suspended, leaving only surface mail as an option.  

Dear Customer,

The first batch of our 1/72 VF-1S is expected to be available before Chinese New Year Holidays.

Initially, we are going to have the Rick version only.  We received many feedbacks requesting to have Roy version
instead.  So, we decided to produce a smaller quantity of 1-S Roy after 1-S Rick.  

However, our factory has made a mistake which may be a good news to you.  They mixed up the quantity and the
sequence and now, VF-1S Roy is in production and the Rick Version will be in Feb after CNY holidays.

Please let us know whether you will change your order to 1S Roy.  

We would like to arrange for the collection of the balance too.  Before we send the invoice, please double check your
delivery information.   It will be very kind of you if you can repeat it in your reply.

Lastly, for the shipments to Australia, Canada, Mexico and USA, our Post Office has suspended all airmail services,
including Speedpost to these countries from 1 Jan 2022.  The only alternative is by Surface Mail which we don't
recommend as it takes more than 4 months for delivery.  We will wait and send out the parcel immediately when the
services are resumed.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Kitzconcept Ltd

I did NOT get the above roy/rick e-mail but did get this on 12/31, 10 days after payment in full for the rick 1/72 vf-1j.

"

Dear Customer,

We just got the following press release from our Post Office informing that all airmail services, including Speedpost to your
country is suspended from 1 Jan 2022.

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/press_release/index_id_823.html

The only alternative is by Surface Mail which we don't recommend as it takes more than 4 months for delivery.  We will wait
and send out the parcel immediately when the services are resumed.

Thank you again for your support and patience.

Regards

Kitzconcept Ltd"

The roy and rick e-mail does have me thinking its amateur hour at whatever factory is doing the work this time around.  what ELSE are they going to screw up?  they did mention they were using a different factory this time around to me earlier this year (in july they said the factory had cancelled their order last minute and they were looking for a new one)  new factory promised to deliver in december and i guess this is the current factory that screwd up the sequence and quantity.   its all very concerning.  also, no way we are seeing those destroids or regults in 2022.  this vf-1j v2.0 i'm waiting for was supposed to be out january of 2021 originally, now its after CNY 2022. 

Edited by Mechapilot77

yes.....one is a "Rick Hunter" VF-1S 2.0....the second is a new release of the VF-1S Roy as a v 2.0.....I remember asking them about it at the time the VF-1J was released and being told they had no plans....but based on their email message, I guess enough customers wanted a "better" VF-1S Roy than the floppy V 1.0