I know there were lots of people who bought the 1st run Roy 1S who hated their toy and regretted buying one.  If any of you would like to sell yours for MSRP, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands as long as it's in great shape.  There's a few on Evilbay for around $160 shipped, but that's a bit too much to pay for this toy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I guess  I am a bit confused...Is this an announcement that they are releasing a GBP armor set?  Is it bundled with a VF-1J?  I guess I missed a link or something....Also, are they announcing if they are doing a reissue of the VF-1S Fokker with the improvements of the VF-1J Rick Hunter custom?

Twich

7 hours ago, twich said:

So, I guess  I am a bit confused...Is this an announcement that they are releasing a GBP armor set?  Is it bundled with a VF-1J?  I guess I missed a link or something....Also, are they announcing if they are doing a reissue of the VF-1S Fokker with the improvements of the VF-1J Rick Hunter custom?

Twich

On the Kitzconcept Facebook page, they have a post announcing it's release next year.  In the comments section they mention that the release will not be a bundle, but instead will include an extra head with a grey visor.  Preorders start sometime this week with an expected release date of Sept. 2021.  There's no mention of a reissue of the 1S, but somebody on this thread mentioned that there would be one. Kitzconcept has been very good with answering any questions if you leave a comment on their Facebook page, so if you'd like to ask them directly, I'm sure you'd get an answer.  

I just got my hands on both Rick's 1J and Roy's 1S, along with a set of strike parts, and I can't express how much I love them.  The detail in the tampo printing and the panel lining is stunning.  It's to the point that I can't stop looking at them.  I know a lot of people hated Roy's 1S, but I'm happy with mine. The Roy I got was used off Ebay but in great condition.  The legs are a bit floppy if I shake it while holding it, but it holds poses great and looks amazing once it's posed.  I don't have a lot of the gap issues that a lot of people have talked about nor does my 1S have the floppy chest that Jenius showed in his amazing review....at least, not yet.  I could see how those things could develop with continued handling, though. They definitely can't compete with the DX when it comes to being solid and the DX definitely FEELS higher quality but, MAN.....these things are beautiful, in my opinion.  The detail Kitzconcept has put into the detailing of these toys is exactly what I wish Bandai would have done with the DX and fawning over KC's version makes me even more disappointed in DX's lack of detail in this regard.  I wish Bandai'd release a PF version or something, similar to what Arcadia did with the VF-0D or is doing with the VF-4. I may be sold on this line, though.  With the HM line looking like it's dead, and KC stating that they're planning enemy mech and what looks like a complete lineup, this may turn out to be my favorite line.  And if they announce that they're doing destroids, it's a wrap for me.

I hope they can knock out some of the other VF-1's before September 2021's GBP set....VF-1J's in Max & Milia colors would just be repaints of Hikaru's VF-1J...and they also teased the VF-1A Soldier I think.....I would rather have the VF-1J M&M or VF-1A CF before a VF-1S v2....but I would like to replace the crappy v1 Focker-1S....;)

The translucent red and blue stands are cool...but I'd prefer the clear.....maybe as bonus items?  Just don't bring back the puke lime-green one! :bad:

10.jpg

TV VF-1A head looks ready to go....

11.jpg

12.jpg

Still would like this SD fellow....

IMG_4866.JPG

...and my Roy and Max figures....

48364676_10218266680758900_2626794108378677248_n.jpg

.....and I hope they are still working on this.....maybe someone with a Twitter or FB account can ask?

DRTYdUh.jpg

GenNGIP.jpg

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

and I hope they are still working on this.....maybe someone with a Twitter or FB account can ask?

DRTYdUh.jpg

GenNGIP.jpg

I asked them about the SDF release a couple months ago and they said they had no timetable for a release at the time, unfortunately.

I'm not usually a fan of LEDs, but the LEDs on the underside of the SDF look great.

Edited by mantisfists

36 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

If this SDF-1 ever sees the day of life, I certainly hope they change the colors. Looks like a cheap chunk of plastic as it is. 

GenNGIP.jpg

yep...when it first was teased most on MW concluded it was an upscaled Hasegawa TV kit...I would prefer it get resized down to 1/3000 and the mold would need to be reflective of a proper TV SDF-1...not some hybrid TV/DYRL job........I think KC can pull it off, but it definitely needs more work...what I would look forward from KC would be the gimmicks...lights and SFX

Edited by jvmacross

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

If this SDF-1 ever sees the day of life, I certainly hope they change the colors. Looks like a cheap chunk of plastic as it is. 

GenNGIP.jpg

KC's response to that exact concern back in 2017.....

"KitzConcept

Thank you for your question. This is prototype only and we will follow the colors in the TV series for our finished product."

Looking at more of the pics for this SDF, looks like the bay doors for the Daedalus open. 15401180_1835007070089012_4509769742317047078_n.thumb.jpeg.013b9feaf196edf1a04a6bb23cf22673.jpeg

Wonder if they'll be mini destroids inside.  LEDs in the feet add nice pop, as well.  KC mentioned in the comments when asked about pricing that their goal is to keep it under $400.  At 1/2000 scale, that's not bad.  Of course, that was over 3 years ago, so who knows?

Some very nice detail as well....

15403788_1834901773432875_5414669340154321516_o.thumb.jpeg.b96a40e01cb528e687c7198042d1b14b.jpeg

15590366_1835542653368787_3669174998145399420_n.thumb.jpeg.61368416bce73535b050282c788e5edf.jpeg

Those pics are from way back in early 2017, as well.  With the GBP armor not being released until late 2020, maybe we see it sometime in 2022?  I'm excited for it, though.  Especially with how KC finishes their products.  You can even see the detailing with this prototype.  I'm guessing all the panel lining will really shine with the TV colors.

Edited by mantisfists

Overall shape -- good, not perfect, but I'll take it. Paint colors...terrible! Definitely needs better paint. Details...look good.  I say scale it down to 1/3000, make just the engines light up, I DON'T need ridiculous amounts of super bright LED's all over the ship and I for sure DON'T need sounds!! Keep the price out of the stratosphere and I would bite. 

22 hours ago, jvmacross said:

GenNGIP.jpg

11 hours ago, mantisfists said:

KC's response to that exact concern back in 2017.....

"KitzConcept

Thank you for your question. This is prototype only and we will follow the colors in the TV series for our finished product."

Looking at more of the pics for this SDF, looks like the bay doors for the Daedalus open.

If and when it gets released then I’ll happily buy one.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, jvmacross said:

Anyone else get theirs?

large.1565568005_KCVF-1J16.jpg.b902d76e5

First impression out of the box....way less diecast...but that is probably a good thing....hopefully this will end up better than their VF-1S, if so, would like a re-release of the VF-1S using this mold...the tampo is great...the panel lining much better than the "heavy" panel lining on the VF-1S....dare I say this almost feels like a Yamato? :ph34r:

If you own the original Focker....you will immediately notice the difference in weight...

Will transform it to fighter tomorrow and take some pics...crossing my fingers and everything else I can in hopes that this will be the KC VF-1 release we were looking for...

Three month update........."The Tragedy"

Well, it has been a little over three months of owning the V2.0 of the Kitz Concept 1/72 VF-1J.....sadly, I do not have good news to report....

My copy, which has sat untouched in Gerwalk mode on the supplied stand for the last 3 months, has had a fatal injury to it's leg....namely, the joint that allows it to "pose" (pun intended?) as a mini Bandai DX....

large.1062164876_DXjoint.JPG.9eb0a227ffe

.....has broken! :(  

large.thumbnail_20201220_221647.jpg.a5cc

large.thumbnail_20201220_221700.jpg.0fb8

large.thumbnail_20201220_221739.jpg.51dc

large.thumbnail_20201220_221805.jpg.f5d2

large.thumbnail_20201220_221536.jpg.2146

I will attempt to fix it using the usual "crazy glue" fix for this type of break, but I doubt it will hold....what broke is a small plastic "ring" that is attached to the lower portion of the leg that in turn attaches to the "hip" or intake portion....it is all that basically holds the entire leg together when extending that joint and when bending it for Gerwalk mode....

Fortunately, I can still display it in fighter mode, but I am afraid it's PT days are over.....

Be careful if you own this toy, as that is a very weak point in it's construction....

The piece appears to be able to be disassembled, however, I will not attempt it...I am guessing someone with the skills can probably reproduce this part and perhaps make it stronger....I have not reached out to KC, but I will not hold my breath on a part replacement....I will think hard on my decision to continue to collect these....they look nice enough, but the engineering is obviously not well thought out or the materials are just poor...

Anyways.....it still makes a good fighter display....but I think I will have a much better 1/72 fighter when Calibre Wings releases their VF-1J.....;)

Do you think it was the weight of the leg on that one joint, since it was off the ground, that broke it? Maybe a good cautionary tale for only displaying this one in fighter? Also looks like it would be easy to break it by over extending the range in battroid.

It has to be because I literally "set it and forgot it" since I last handled it 3 months ago

I selected Gerwalk and sat it on KC's supplied stand...took it off the stand today and decided to transform it into fighter and that is when the piece/leg broke off...

The concerning part is that it is the one joint that essentially sets it apart from the HM/HMR and Yamato/Arcadia and attempts to bring it into the "DX" range of poses....I am sure Bandai's plastics quality is much better, but it is something to consider when deciding to use that joint or perhaps leaving it in poses that engage this joint for a long time....

I am not sure I can even attempt to glue it without disassembling it...I cannot tell if the part was initially a full circle "o" attached to the pin on the hip/intake part of the leg or if it was more of a c-shape that allows it to be clipped onto it....if the piece was a closed "o"...then that means the pin was added after the "o" was positioned....this part is hidden on the other leg...it allows the leg to be pulled and bent into "Gerwalk" positions...

I will look more into how I can possibly take it apart to attempt a good glue job

OK, so looked into the issue a bit more....

The small piece that got stressed and broke definitely was one complete closed piece....

large.thumbnail_20201220_234043.jpg.f0a2

....which means that even if I were to glue it together and it held....I would still need to remove the pin to position it back and then place the pin back....

large.thumbnail_20201220_233940.jpg.ec81

large.thumbnail_20201220_233953.jpg.3e2e

large.thumbnail_20201220_234054.jpg.c48e

If I cannot remove the pin, there is no way to really try and fix the leg permanently....I can possibly get the part replaced but it would still require breaking the pieces apart that hold that "Gerwalk" knee part as it is between the white outer leg parts which are glue in place....

I will try and remove the pin, if that proves to difficult, I will just leave it in fighter mode.....;)

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

OK, so looked into the issue a bit more....

The small piece that got stressed and broke definitely was one complete closed piece....

large.thumbnail_20201220_234043.jpg.f0a2

....which means that even if I were to glue it together and it held....I would still need to remove the pin to position it back and then place the pin back....

large.thumbnail_20201220_233940.jpg.ec81

large.thumbnail_20201220_233953.jpg.3e2e

large.thumbnail_20201220_234054.jpg.c48e

If I cannot remove the pin, there is no way to really try and fix the leg permanently....I can possibly get the part replaced but it would still require breaking the pieces apart that hold that "Gerwalk" knee part as it is between the white outer leg parts which are glue in place....

I will try and remove the pin, if that proves to difficult, I will just leave it in fighter mode.....;)

That's a bummer, man.  I'd still contact KC over this, though.  I ordered a 1J on ebay that came with a bent head laser.  When I tried to straighten it out, it snapped off.  When I contacted KC about it, they offered to send me a new head to be shipped with another 1J I preordered for the GBP armor set.  Their customer service seems to be pretty good (at least in my experience), so they may be able to help you. I'm sure they'd at least look at options to do so.  At this point, what have you got to lose I guess, right?  That does suck, though, man.  I felt really nervous about flexing that joint too much as there doesn't seem to be a way to know how far you can flex it before it would break. The hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up every time I manipulated it.  I'll make sure to be extra careful.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by mantisfists

13 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

anyone know if the super parts released earlier (in the roy vf-1s timeframe) fit the newer Rick 1J?

As per @jenius review on his Anymoon website, there were no changes on the slots of the leg and arm were the Super Packs are mounted. Backpack were also not changed.

1/72 VF-1 Review Page: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12136

1/72 VF-1 Fast Pack Armor Review Page: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12688

KitzConcept-VF-1J-Rick-Hunter-23-Movie-1

KitzConcept-VF-1J-Rick-Hunter-27.jpg?w=1

Though he pointed out that the extra weight of the leg super parts causes the leg intakes to disconnect frequently as shown in this photo:

KitzConcept-VF-1J-Rick-Hunter-22.jpg?w=1

Photos courtesy from @jenius Scorched Earth Toys website.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 12/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, jvmacross said:

The concerning part is that it is the one joint that essentially sets it apart from the HM/HMR and Yamato/Arcadia and attempts to bring it into the "DX" range of poses....I am sure Bandai's plastics quality is much better, but it is something to consider when deciding to use that joint or perhaps leaving it in poses that engage this joint for a long time....

I do wonder if there is enough room inside the leg to reinforce that joint a bit (doubtful), but as far as I can tell, Bandai made that entire joint out of metal on the DX.

39 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I do wonder if there is enough room inside the leg to reinforce that joint a bit (doubtful), but as far as I can tell, Bandai made that entire joint out of metal on the DX.

I hope Bandai used metal.  I imagine that KC must have taken apart a DX VF-1 to figure that specific joint, which essentially allows it to act as a scaled down DX.  Unfortunately, the part on the KC is made of plastic and due to it's size, I can see why it would crumble with the pressure being applied if utilizing that specific joint.  Without using that joint, I do not think there is any danger of it breaking.  But if you do not use it, it basically is more of a Yamato V2, than a Bandai DX due it's posing limitations.

As an update....I managed to glue the broken piece back together, however, the affected leg's "DX" abilities have ceased....I do not want to attempt to bend it for fear of it snapping apart again.....

large.thumbnail_20201222_211440.jpg.3f0b

The good thing is that it still can do some extreme poses as the other leg is still able to bend outwards...though I think I will not use it too often going forward as I do not want to risk it breaking......

large.thumbnail_20201222_211639.jpg.4c9b

large.thumbnail_20201222_211705.jpg.c6ec

large.thumbnail_20201222_211907.jpg.cce0

large.thumbnail_20201222_212100.jpg.69bf

large.thumbnail_20201222_211915.jpg.1b78

The other good news is that I contacted KC and they will be replacing the leg for me and will include it with the package containing my 1/12 Chinese Dress Minmay PO which they said will be shipping next month....so I'm really grateful for their continued excellent customer service! :good:

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The other good news is that I contacted KC and they will be replacing the leg for me and will include it with the package containing my 1/12 Chinese Dress Minmay PO which they said will be shipping next month....so I'm really grateful for their continued excellent customer service!

That's great to hear.  They shipped a replacement part for my minmay with my misa order and, although it took close to a year, they kept their word on it and I didn't have to remind them about it at all.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Pre-order is up for a Rick Hunter 1S with or without fastpacks.

Assuming this is a V2 release of the Fokker 1S with some tampo changes.

That's good eyes.  I was on there today looking to see if the GBP was up for preorder and didn't even see that.  I got a V2 with fast packs because....why not?  But, $139.90 is getting close to DX pricing and, while I love the KC line, that's pushing it, price wise.

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

V2 with fastpacks is listed at $200, and $140 for w/o packs.

That's a bit rich for my blood. Kinda wish they'd drop the LED gimmicks and the price.

I'll keep an eye out in case it ever goes on sale, I suppose.

Exactly. Not even worth it in my opinion for that price. Not when many of us are getting DXs at MSRP. It’s a shame because I would prefer to purchase this scale and leave the 1/48 for special displays. I actually like the 1/72 better than the 1/60 scale. I do like the price better than Arcadia’s PF but the quality sucks compared to them so again not worth it.

9 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Exactly. Not even worth it in my opinion for that price. Not when many of us are getting DXs at MSRP. It’s a shame because I would prefer to purchase this scale and leave the 1/48 for special displays. I actually like the 1/72 better than the 1/60 scale. I do like the price better than Arcadia’s PF but the quality sucks compared to them so again not worth it.

Your joking right?  MSRP DXs if you get in on an early preorder.  I don't think I have managed that once.       $200 nets you both the KC VF1 and the fast packs in comparison to $250+ for the DX VF1 and another $150-200 for the DX fast packs.        I could understand this argument if they were both in the same price point..  but they are not even close.

I bought in on the KC line for the SD Valks.. and then went for the 1/72 releases because they have impressed me.    I have yet to see KC not address a problem when brought to their attention,  both this thread and the 1.0 thread have examples of this.    Anyone have any luck with Bandai?...   anyone?...  Buehler?

I'm personally late to the DX game, and the KC 1/72s are no DXs,  but they also sell for 1/2 the price.     The scary thing for the Bandai Fans to admit is that KC has gotten better with each release..   so not a DX .. yet

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Your joking right?  MSRP DXs if you get in on an early preorder.  I don't think I have managed that once.       $200 nets you both the KC VF1 and the fast packs in comparison to $250+ for the DX VF1 and another $150-200 for the DX fast packs.        I could understand this argument if they were both in the same price point..  but they are not even close.

I bought in on the KC line for the SD Valks.. and then went for the 1/72 releases because they have impressed me.    I have yet to see KC not address a problem when brought to their attention,  both this thread and the 1.0 thread have examples of this.    Anyone have any luck with Bandai?...   anyone?...  Buehler?

I'm personally late to the DX game, and the KC 1/72s are no DXs,  but they also sell for 1/2 the price.     The scary thing for the Bandai Fans to admit is that KC has gotten better with each release..   so not a DX .. yet

They're not half the price. If comparing MSRP to MSRP, that's $190 (DX) vs $140 (KC) for a naked valk. As was specifically stated, those that get it at MSRP (some with PO discount - $170 and upwards) will find KC's price as not worth it.