Your favourite Valk that has the Worst Toy.

Sandman

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

Ran across this Arii 1/100 Prototype release pic in one of the old magazines(appears to be the same battroid as shown on the playing card above).
This time they got the VF-1D name correct, but that head is the VF-1C
They were still tweaking on the nose in fighter/gerwalk, but wow-those are the biggest hands I've ever seen! :)

image.png.600338192dda9f228dfb76b56e61be0b.png

The forgotten VF-1C...nice find! Would love to get some ARII product team guy from the SDFM era to discuss the story behind it

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

Ran across this Arii 1/100 Prototype release pic in one of the old magazines(appears to be the same battroid as shown on the playing card above).
This time they got the VF-1D name correct, but that head is the VF-1C
They were still tweaking on the nose in fighter/gerwalk, but wow-those are the biggest hands I've ever seen! :)

image.png.600338192dda9f228dfb76b56e61be0b.png

Just noticed the weird markings on the thrusters....

BTW, it's a shame no PT toy has really captured the elongated canopy that the VF-1D is supposed to have...maybe in another 10 years :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just noticed the weird markings on the thrusters....

BTW, it's a shame no PT toy has really captured the elongated canopy that the VF-1D is supposed to have...maybe in another 10 years :rolleyes:

I hope you’re right. The canopy length is very hard to capture while attempting to keep a great looking Battroid.  The other big challenge is using the proper sized trapezoids on the chest to get the right look for any mode.

• 7 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 1:42 PM, jvmacross said:

Bah!

I'll raise you a Henkei...anyone of them.....you pick!

large.20200424_134212.jpg.6a79f1d8181521

....but at least it tranforms you say?  They sure do...into this...

large.gallery_12176_633_976217.jpg.74da8

large.gallery_12176_633_267250.jpg.f4846

....actually, never mind.....they're awesome! :wub:

I have to admit: I really loved these awful bootleg-level Valkyrie toys. As a young child they were my first Macross toys. I wanted the real deal 1/55 Takatoku VF-1S of course, which wouldn't be in my grubby little hands until years later. But until then, these craptastic dollar store VF-1 figures were as awesome as my imagination could make them. That being said, my imagination had to work some killer overtime.

58 minutes ago, Drad said:

I have to admit: I really loved these awful bootleg-level Valkyrie toys. As a young child they were my first Macross toys. I wanted the real deal 1/55 Takatoku VF-1S of course, which wouldn't be in my grubby little hands until years later. But until then, these craptastic dollar store VF-1 figures were as awesome as my imagination could make them. That being said, my imagination had to work some killer overtime.

That Super VF-1S looks really good; wish the dollar stores had them nowadays here! (sigh)

Edited by pengbuzz

The V.1 VF-25S Ozma. One of the first valks I bought when I first found out there were MP type toys. This type of heartbreak wasn't something I was ready for. 

The VF-2SS. Man, I love this design but this toy was the worst. 

Any YF-29. Those hips are just trash.

I really hope they are for you guys. My hips (on the originals) were good for about a year in a single pose and then the first time moved them it was like shaking an old wooden puppet.

4 hours ago, Benson13 said:

My hips (on the originals) were good for about a year in a single pose and then the first time moved them it was like shaking an old wooden puppet.

^ Both of my YF-29s are the same. I bought the 30th Fokker and Ozma versions, posted them in battroid for about a year and when I moved them, they were floppy as hell. Unable to hold a pose at all. :(

11 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Both of my YF-29s are the same. I bought the 30th Fokker and Ozma versions, posted them in battroid for about a year and when I moved them, they were floppy as hell. Unable to hold a pose at all. :(

There is however, this weird little sweet spot where the joints want to stick in a super dynamic pose but it that's not what you want or if it's hit, they just dangle.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 4:36 PM, Ryoma said:

I would go with the YF-21...Don't get me wrong, when the yamato version came out it was a good toy but i am surprised that no company so far attempted a 2.0 version...i mean, except for the prototype Bandai showed us few months ago but i guess we have no news of when we will see a release of it. I also liked a lot the VF-11 from Macross plus and the 1/60 from Yamato was good but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. Looking forward for a 2.0 version from Arcadia or a completely new version from Bandai. 

I also hated yamato for not giving us a 1/48 version of a Max VF-1S and Super Ostrich and Octopus Plushie. I hope Bandai will be able to give us a decent version of those two Valks in a 1/48 scale.

Same pinch.

I’m just gonna go simple and put the transformation revoltech vf1. The non transforming one is nice, but the other is an absolute hand grenade that always explodes in hand. Second runner up would be those old parts forming vf 25 toys. Those damn things were always falling apart and had a mess of pieces everywhere.