Would you like to see return of original characters?

Psajdak

I guess it would be a “sequel“ but I’d really hoped that dynamite 7 would be the first in a series of OVAs... “the out of this world adventures of Nekki Basara”.

Gamlin would always be half a step behind him, and Mylene catching up right at the end. D7 was fun.

4 hours ago, Marzan said:

I'd love a sequel of either. Yoshiki Fukuyama can still rock like the best of them and more Fire Bomber is always welcome for me.

Same here about 7; I'd love to see what became of Fire Bomber!

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing something with them. Just watched dyrl and I know it’s a cartoon but I feel horrible for minmay. It’s a sad little love triangle. 

Yeah; while I think Minmay and Hikaru wouldn't have worked out (amongst other things), that doesn't mean that she woulnd't ever find someone.

Yes and no. I’d like to see a new story revolving around a new set of characters inside the Megaroad. The old / original character are there just for background.  I want the VF-1 and VF-4 to be the main variable fighters.

I would like to see a reboot or an OVA covering some unseen events in the original series like Hikaru as a test pilot as briefly described in "Macross Outside Story: The Lost Two Years". Unfortunately, that story would be very similar as Macross Plus 

I we're wishlisting: I want the Unification wars covered please!!

MORE ROY!!

30 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Whatever happeneded to Kaifun (Minmei's "cousin"/ antagonist/ jerk)?

Last we heard (c.2045-7), Kaifun was living in the 41st large scale long distance emigration fleet "Macross-11" where he managed the unauthorized Fire Bomber cover band "Fire Bomber American".

Which is only popular ON Macross 11, as I recall. It’s safe to say that he’s alive, but nowhere near where he thought he’d be. He’s watching the galaxy turn through the actions of other, better, persons. 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:38 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

Last we heard (c.2045-7), Kaifun was living in the 41st large scale long distance emigration fleet "Macross-11" where he managed the unauthorized Fire Bomber cover band "Fire Bomber American".

I was wondering why that fleet was shown in the final episode of Frontier. Figured it was just to show the fleets being attacked. Didn't know it actually had a backstory.

29 minutes ago, Focslain said:

I was wondering why that fleet was shown in the final episode of Frontier. Figured it was just to show the fleets being attacked. Didn't know it actually had a backstory.

That's about all the backstory there is to Macross-11, apart from its supposed connection to the "Zomeo and Zoliet" radio play heard in Macross Dynamite 7 and the novelization(s) of the Macross Frontier story having the fleet be near-ish to the Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy fleets and (in the movie novelization) the Battle-11 being sent to reinforce the NUNS on the Vajra planet only to be disabled by fire from the Queen Frontier.

Outside of the novelizations, Kaifun's unauthorized cover band is about the only noteworthy thing the fleet has.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

37 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That's about all the backstory there is to Macross-11, apart from its supposed connection to the "Zomeo and Zoliet" radio play heard in Macross Dynamite 7 and the novelization(s) of the Macross Frontier story having the fleet be near-ish to the Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy fleets and (in the movie novelization) the Battle-11 being sent to reinforce the NUNS on the Vajra planet only to be disabled by fire from the Queen Frontier.

Outside of the novelizations, Kaifun's unauthorized cover band is about the only noteworthy thing the fleet has.

So he went from trying to smooch Minmay to managing a ripoff band?

Sigh... what's next? Bootleg Hikaru ichijo action figures?

I always thought the “fire bomber American is the original” bit wa supposed to be a play on all the Robotech creationist stuff. You know, “oh no we invented all this stuff, it’s not Japanese” that they used to tell fans. 

and hey, don’t sell Macross 11 short. They could be the setting for the Delta movie for all we know, and the main characters could be members of Halkure and, idunno, Iota flight. 

• 2 months later...

They actually flew through a rift in spacetime, arrived hundreds of thousands of years in the past, and became the original founders of the Protoculture empire.

18 Robotech End of the Circle Novel.jpg

Edited by JB0
Subtlety is for chumps

On 7/1/2020 at 11:23 PM, JB0 said:

They actually flew through a rift in spacetime, arrived hundreds of thousands of years in the past, and became the original founders of the Protoculture empire.

18 Robotech End of the Circle Novel.jpg

LOVE that book lol...