Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

Nobody's posted yet that HLJ is offering surface shipping now for the US?  Says it takes 1-3 months, but I can wait. (been 11 months already I think?)  I shipped everything I had the moment I got their email announcing it.   $40 instead of $110 for DHL/FedEx.   

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Nobody's posted yet that HLJ is offering surface shipping now for the US?  Says it takes 1-3 months, but I can wait. (been 11 months already I think?)  I shipped everything I had the moment I got their email announcing it.   $40 instead of $110 for DHL/FedEx.   

It's long overdue for them to offer it, but I also wonder if their warehouse was getting *really* full after almost a year of customers not shipping stuff and that pushed them over the edge.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's long overdue for them to offer it, but I also wonder if their warehouse was getting *really* full after almost a year of customers not shipping stuff and that pushed them over the edge.

Going by the near-constant promotions they're doing to encourage people to ship, I would guess that is in fact the case.

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Covid vaccination has begin in Japan.  Hopefully normal international mail will restart in the next 2 or 3 months.

If memory serves, normal international mail uses passenger aircraft.  So, that may (or may not) restart when people start flying again (if we're in luck, that'll be for the '2020' Summer Olympics ;) )

2 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Japan post is now shipping to south america. Finally.

Screenshot_20210224-065303_Chrome.jpg

Great! Can I EMS stuff to you and then you can simply mail it up to Canuckland free of charge as a fellow MWFer? hey we're on the same of the Pacific. :crazy: Ain't no such thing as a free lunch eh.

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Has there been any change?

I just got notified by Jungle that some items I had paid to be shipped by Small Package were going to be shipped today

They contacted me about something that was slated for EMS, and offered to ship it via Surface or other available method.

So now it's coming by surface.

25 minutes ago, borgified said:

Would that be your 1/48 Roy that is still hanging at Jungle or not @Sanity is Optional? That has been sitting on Jungle's floor for so long and it might be totally covered in dust by now. 

1/60 Weathered Roy, with the cracked shoulder joints yeah.

Not surprised they want it out of their storage already.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got some decent news today.  I've had quite a few packages at CDJapan waiting to ship via registered SAL, and since maybe CDJapan is getting tired of holding onto my items they are shipping them Non-registered air mail free of charge as it is the only shipping option to the U.S. 

SAL/Surface has been available for quite some time (to the US, anyway).

I wouldn't expect Air Mail or even EMS to come back online until Japan reopens to tourists; as others have pointed out, those packages are heavily reliant on commercial airline traffic to move them back and forth.

I think EMS and commercial travel to Japan will be back by the time of the Olympics. With vaccines rolling out and the sheer amount of money already put into and riding on the games, there's no way that the Japanese government is going to postpone it again.

Money > fear of covid

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I think EMS and commercial travel to Japan will be back by the time of the Olympics. With vaccines rolling out and the sheer amount of money already put into and riding on the games, there's no way that the Japanese government is going to postpone it again.

Money > fear of covid

Olympics are cancelled as of January, no longer just postponed.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like they put the article behind a pay wall so I could only read the first paragraph.

The best face-saving option would be to move forward with the games and pull them off successfully, not to mention the money involved. I think they will push forward with it, unless some other major catastrophe occurs between now and July.

EMS and Air mail have been available for a couple of weeks now. At least that's what I've been using to ship all the things that were being held.

If they can ship my things to Chile using those methods, I don't see why wouldn't they be available to other countries

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

EMS and Air mail have been available for a couple of weeks now. At least that's what I've been using to ship all the things that were being held.

If they can ship my things to Chile using those methods, I don't see why wouldn't they be available to other countries

Air packet has opened up to the US with some vendors (though with HLJ there was like a dollar difference from DHL so there was no point to pay a dollar less and have it arrive weeks later). EMS still seems unavailable.

just an FYI for proxy users (for YAJ, etc), it seems like Buyee is offering Fedex shipping that's based on weight instead of volume/size (https://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/shipping-method). Buyee fees are not that competitive compared to other proxies, but depending on what you're buying might be a good option while EMS and other Air shipping are still suspended.

Edited by pafy6285

• 2 weeks later...

Subject: [PREMIUM BANDAI] Follow Up for the delay of shipment – Your Order Is Coming to US

<Please note that this email has been sent from a send-only address.>

Thank you for using PREMIUM BANDAI USA.

We appreciate for your continued patience during this time of uncertainty. We are pleased to inform you the cargo ship containing your purchased items is en route to the US and is expected to arrive in Los Angeles mid-April. As you know, the initial shipment was involved in a terrible storm and the cargo ship had to make a detour. Over the past several weeks, crews have been working tirelessly to clean up the mess and destruction left from spilled containers. It’s worth noting our containers were stored below deck and inside the cargo hold area but may have still suffered damage.

Once the containers arrive, we will have to inspect each and every item to ensure both quality and integrity are up to collector’s standards. Upon completion of the inspection, we will begin to ship out your orders as quickly as possible. We will continue to keep an open line of communication should there be any further delays.

We understand your frustration and we want nothing more than to get these items to you posthaste. Thank you again for your continued support and we look forward to bringing you more amazing collectibles in the future.

This email is being sent to customers who have purchased any of the following items:

METAL BUILD EVA-02 PRODUCTION MODEL
EVA2020
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2533582001001

S.H.Figuarts ANDROID 17 -Event Exclusive Color Edition-
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2412659001002

S.H.Figuarts ANDROID 18 -Event Exclusive Color Edition--
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2412690001002

S.H.Figuarts Iron Man Mk-85 -
I AM IRON MAN EDITION (Avengers: Endgame)
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2533329001001

S.H.Figuarts Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Endgame)
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2543182001001

S.H.Figuarts SON GOHAN -KID ERA-
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2526142001001

S.H.Figuarts SON GOKU Ultra Instinct "Sign" -Event Exclusive Color Edition-
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2492385001002

THE ROBOT SPIRITS <SIDE MS> RGM-79C GM TYPE C SPACE ver. A.N.I.M.E.
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2532272001001

Sincerely,

PREMIUM BANDAI USA
URL: https://p-bandai.com/us
----------------------------------------------
Sender: BANDAI SPIRITS Co., Ltd
108-0014 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 5-29-11 G-BASE, Tamachi 9F
(C) BANDAI SPIRITS

On 3/22/2021 at 7:05 AM, vladykins said:

HLJ must be sick of all the stock people have sitting in their private warehouses, because they sent me this:

image.thumb.png.fb9c5117248e8257759a2347f7891b1e.png

They've been exceptionally aggressive the last 5-6 months about trying to get people to ship. I can only assume it's exactly for that reason, a lot of people waiting for EMS to return and them running out of space. Hell by now they're probably blowing a lot of money on extra storage space to hold it all, there's no way in hell their PW storage space was meant for this many products being held for so long for so many people.

5 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

They've been exceptionally aggressive the last 5-6 months about trying to get people to ship. I can only assume it's exactly for that reason, a lot of people waiting for EMS to return and them running out of space. Hell by now they're probably blowing a lot of money on extra storage space to hold it all, there's no way in hell their PW storage space was meant for this many products being held for so long for so many people.

I've been shipping my stuff out regularly, but I have definitely been taking advantage of going past 60days to fit in the odd item that doesn't release quite in time.

For instance, both of the new Bandai 1/72 Delta kits and the Metal Build F91 still haven't released yet, but all 3 are slated for March...

Since that selected EMS shipping is resuming from Japan, for those who have bought hobby goods from Hong Kong, HKpost is also resuming EMS to some countries as well (including Canada). 

I've pre-ordered two items (one for June of this year and one for August/September of next year) and hopefully no delays present. If so, then I can email and change the shipping to DHL. 

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've been shipping my stuff out regularly, but I have definitely been taking advantage of going past 60days to fit in the odd item that doesn't release quite in time.

For instance, both of the new Bandai 1/72 Delta kits and the Metal Build F91 still haven't released yet, but all 3 are slated for March...

Same, took advantage of that a few times to get things I didn't consider high priority together with existing major orders since everything is going out via DHL and that mostly seems to be via volume, so waiting for a large box to toss a few small items in is basically free. But mostly I've been keeping to monthly or every-other-monthly shipments of items via DHL, and I'd started using it just before things went to crap due to covid so I was already used to the cost (and amazing speed) of it. I was already using EMS and for me DHL was only a few bucks more.

Edited by Atheonyirh