Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

https://www.biginjap.com/en/content/24-revision-of-japan-post-rates-in-2021

Home > Revision Of Japan Post Rates In 2021

Starting April 2021, Japan Post will revise their rates for Small Packet shipments. Additionally, the USA and their overseas territories will be moved to a new zone 4, which means that this country will be more affected by the price hike than the rest of the world.

Rates for Parcel Posts and EMS will remain unchanged.

While we are still taking preorders with the current Japan Post rates, please note that all orders released from April 2021 onwards will have the new rate applied to them, regardless of what's written in your account. Please take it into consideration when placing orders for future releases.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

Starting April 2021, Japan Post will revise their rates for Small Packet shipments. Additionally, the USA and their overseas territories will be moved to a new zone 4, which means that this country will be more affected by the price hike than the rest of the world.

I just don't know how to respond to this. I mean, I know it's all political in nature and thus verboten but I don't know.

I guess all I can do is laugh. :rofl:

I checked my warehouse at HLJ when they made that announcement---still $80 to ship a Zoid and a few small things.   Will keep waiting.   Might just bite the bullet if there's nothing by Jan/Feb.   I don't expect to get like $25 shipping, but $80 is ridiculous for a $60 kit.   It's kinda big, but not THAT big.   

6 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

I just purchased a wing set for Gundam Destiny Metal Build that was 15000Y. The shipping is 7850Y. Which is damn expensive. Ouch.

its because of the empty white box that comes with those WOL. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Damn just got this from Amiami in regards to Canada:

We are contacting you to inform that your order has been placed on hold for shipment. This is due to a temporary shipping suspension to your country/region, and your order will be shipped once shipping resumes.

The suspension is affecting the following shipping methods: EMS, Air and all SAL shipping methods.

There are currently no available shipping methods that you can select for this order. Please note that suspended shipping methods will be shipped when shipping resumes to your country/region.

Looks like i'm not getting my Roy 1/48 and SOC Arcadia anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Damn just got this from Amiami in regards to Canada:

We are contacting you to inform that your order has been placed on hold for shipment. This is due to a temporary shipping suspension to your country/region, and your order will be shipped once shipping resumes.

The suspension is affecting the following shipping methods: EMS, Air and all SAL shipping methods.

There are currently no available shipping methods that you can select for this order. Please note that suspended shipping methods will be shipped when shipping resumes to your country/region.

Looks like i'm not getting my Roy 1/48 and SOC Arcadia anytime soon.

Here's hoping that it's just an automated message that doesn't take into account that DHL is an option. Worst case, you could request that they send the items domestically to a Tenso address that you set up, then have Tenso ship using DHL. I did that to get my remaining items out of Anime Export earlier this year when they were only offering that sketchy off-brand courier service. Cost me about $10 to have my stuff shipped across Tokyo. After that the usual Tenso fees kicked in, but it was better than letting my items sit there indefinitely.

@Anasazi37 - I'm thinking that is a regular response as@Sandman has selected EMS for shipping when he pre-ordered what ever he got. 

As of the post from Amiami about shipping, here's the link.

https://support.amiami.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043222891--Important-COVID-19-shipping-restrictions

DHL is available to Canada and just send a request to Amiami to switch over to DHL instead of leaving it in EMS limbo @Sandman.

It might be another year before EMS resumes into Canada giving this current situation. 

8 hours ago, borgified said:

@Anasazi37 - I'm thinking that is a regular response as@Sandman has selected EMS for shipping when he pre-ordered what ever he got. 

As of the post from Amiami about shipping, here's the link.

https://support.amiami.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043222891--Important-COVID-19-shipping-restrictions

DHL is available to Canada and just send a request to Amiami to switch over to DHL instead of leaving it in EMS limbo @Sandman.

It might be another year before EMS resumes into Canada giving this current situation. 

Thankfully, at this point, pretty much all online shops have added options for DHL, FedEx, and/or UPS. The alternatives would be to continue to hold items indefinitely or start turning away international business. Heck, even AE finally caved and started offering DHL after refusing to do so for roughly 7-8 months. Yeah, I'm betting that AmiAmi's system saw that he selected EMS during PO, couldn't find any other JapanPost options available besides ferry, and sent out that note.

On 11/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

HLJ's got about the same pricing as everyone else, excepting Amazon Japan.

At least they have private warehouse.

Yep, but then they want that cleared out in 60 days or you get auto-shipped. I ran into this with my Mospeada mook when I kept hoping for better shipping price but it didn't materialize.

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

Yep, but then they want that cleared out in 60 days or you get auto-shipped. I ran into this with my Mospeada mook when I kept hoping for better shipping price but it didn't materialize.

HLJ Private warehouse time limit has been removed since the pandemic. 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, vladykins said:

Mine kept telling me that it was active and kept ticking down; not sure if the limit adjusted when they offered the Air Post option.

That's possible. Thinking back to earlier this year, I remember getting a message from their support team saying "ignore the countdown." Maybe we can't ignore it anymore if there's a viable shipping option? :unknw:

14 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's possible. Thinking back to earlier this year, I remember getting a message from their support team saying "ignore the countdown." Maybe we can't ignore it anymore if there's a viable shipping option? :unknw:

Yeah, I never got an "ignore" message, so it is probably worth checking out.

Air Post didn't change the price much, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

Yeah, I never got an "ignore" message, so it is probably worth checking out.

Air Post didn't change the price much, unfortunately.

It’s best to just give HLJ an email , it could be different from country to country .   

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/one-apus-lost-or-damaged-containers-could-exceed-1900

Container ship en route to Port of Long Beach reportedly encountered violent storm Monday night

Ocean Network Express said Wednesday the number of lost or damaged containers from a vessel en route to the Port of Long Beach, California, “could exceed 1,900.”

It’s a jaw-dropping sum — more than the average number of containers lost in an entire year from all vessels around the globe. And the accident comes during the last rush to get Chinese exports into U.S. consumers’ hands before Christmas. 

8 hours ago, F360 said:

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/one-apus-lost-or-damaged-containers-could-exceed-1900

Container ship en route to Port of Long Beach reportedly encountered violent storm Monday night

Ocean Network Express said Wednesday the number of lost or damaged containers from a vessel en route to the Port of Long Beach, California, “could exceed 1,900.”

It’s a jaw-dropping sum — more than the average number of containers lost in an entire year from all vessels around the globe. And the accident comes during the last rush to get Chinese exports into U.S. consumers’ hands before Christmas. 

Holy smokes. Can you imagine being a store like BBTS and you have all of your eggs in that basket? Even if you were insured you wouldn't be able to replace them.

@Slave IV the slow boat master definitely had 187 things in there.:p

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes. Can you imagine being a store like BBTS and you have all of your eggs in that basket? Even if you were insured you wouldn't be able to replace them.

@Slave IV the slow boat master definitely had 187 things in there.:p

Lol, I should probably check my tracking on them but it will take hours just to figure them all out. 

• 2 weeks later...

As we announced by the previous email sent 12/13, we won't be able to meet December's shipping date.
The containership that carried Bandai products was hit by severe storm and lost many containers near Hawaii. The ship is at Port of Kobe, Japan for investigating its damages. It will take several weeks to over a month. We are currently waiting to hear about the container's status from the authority, and we'll announce any shipping information as soon as it's available.

Moreover, if you have purchased another, non-delayed product that was also supposed to be delivered in the same month as the delayed item, it will be held and then bundled with the delayed item for delivery.

We sincerely apologize for the shipping delay and appreciate your patience.

PREMIUM BANDAI USA
URL: https://p-bandai.com/us
----------------------------------

6 hours ago, F360 said:

As we announced by the previous email sent 12/13, we won't be able to meet December's shipping date.
The containership that carried Bandai products was hit by severe storm and lost many containers near Hawaii. The ship is at Port of Kobe, Japan for investigating its damages. It will take several weeks to over a month. We are currently waiting to hear about the container's status from the authority, and we'll announce any shipping information as soon as it's available.

Moreover, if you have purchased another, non-delayed product that was also supposed to be delivered in the same month as the delayed item, it will be held and then bundled with the delayed item for delivery.

We sincerely apologize for the shipping delay and appreciate your patience.

PREMIUM BANDAI USA
URL: https://p-bandai.com/us
----------------------------------

Who is this from? Is this supposed to apply to BBTS items for example?

Edited by sqidd

10 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Looks like it's from the US arm of Premium Bandai, which does have a domestic storefront (https://p-bandai.com/us). Were items from other stores like BBTS on that ship? I really hope not, but it's likely.

Kinda what i'm thinking. I'll bet my DX Voltes V and Dynaction Evangelion were on there. I put a email into BBTS. I'm not sure what's going to happen here. If they're lost. Can BBTS replace them? And when? Or will they allow me to cancel my orders now (getting my deposits back) so I can source them elsewhere before they go WAY up in price or I can't get one at all.

I feel bad for BBTS if they had a load of stuff on that ship. What a MASSIVE PITA for them.

EDIT: I thought the Voltes was alreday released. AmazonJP says 12/16. So it's looking pretty good for it not being on that ship.

Do I order another Evangelion off AmazonJP with good shipping while I can or do I roll the dice on BBTS????????

EDIT - EDIT: Screw it, I just ordered the Evangelion off AmazonJP.......for more $$ than BBTS would cost. We'll see if my bet pays off.

Edited by sqidd

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Who is this from? Is this supposed to apply to BBTS items for example?

This is from p-bandai usa.     

Lots of Containers fell to the sea... so it very light that some of them are for BBTS or other stores too..