Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

11 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Does anyone know who Anime Export is using for US shipments?  Looks like on Aug 15th they posted that they have contracted with some new shipping service to the US...maybe DHL?  

I was told it was a company called ECMS.

19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Does anyone know who Anime Export is using for US shipments?  Looks like on Aug 15th they posted that they have contracted with some new shipping service to the US...maybe DHL?  

It does appear to be ECMS. My dx missle set arrived in just over a week surprisingly from them.

2 hours ago, hkj711 said:

I was told it was a company called ECMS.

2 hours ago, RIBFIR said:

It does appear to be ECMS. My dx missle set arrived in just over a week surprisingly from them.

Thanks guys!

@RIBFIR can you tell me what the cost was to ship your missile set?  Do they seem comparable to UPS/FEDEX/DHL in terms of pricing?

19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

@RIBFIR can you tell me what the cost was to ship your missile set?  Do they seem comparable to UPS/FEDEX/DHL in terms of pricing?

It was just over 2000 yen, so for the size of package I would say similar to EMS and a little less then DHL.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing shipping may be opening up or getting better at least.  The other day my Nippon Yasan order started to be processed for shipping, and today I got an email indicating that my Misa Hayse figure from Kitzconcept will ship soon.  Just seems like everything is moving all of a sudden.

Edited by sharky

35 minutes ago, sharky said:

I'm guessing shipping may be opening up or getting better at least.  The other day my Nippon Yasan order started to be processed for shipping, and today I got an email indicating that my Misa Hayse figure from Kitzconcept will ship soon.  Just seems like everything is moving all of a sudden.

How is that related to EMS shipping? Were they shipped EMS?

16 hours ago, sharky said:

I got an email indicating that my Misa Hayse figure from Kitzconcept will ship soon.

Kitzconcept is in Hong Kong, and they ship directly from their factory in China.  Nothing to do with Japan Post.

My HMR VF-4G by way of Unregistered Mail form Nippon Yasan still hasn't moved.  At this point I'll be trying to break the VF-31A shipping delay record!  :crazy:  My Legioss Eta isn't moving either.  That one is also on Unregistered Mail but from CDJapan.  I didn't feel like paying 3000 yen more to upgrade to DHL.  This lull in shipping is curbing my need to grow my collection.  Maybe that's a good thing?  :unknw:

Honestly saying @DewPoint, I can say that this lull is actually helping me to pick and choose what to collect next as I don't have a ton of space (unlike some collectors here) and also my cat is keeping me occupied at the moment as I can play with her more often. 

I did spoil her to a degree as I let her sleep on my bed and on my computer chair as well. :lol:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Honestly saying @DewPoint, I can say that this lull is actually helping me to pick and choose what to collect next as I don't have a ton of space (unlike some collectors here) and also my cat is keeping me occupied at the moment as I can play with her more often. 

I did spoil her to a degree as I let her sleep on my bed and on my computer chair as well. :lol:

You don’t keep cats, cats keep you :p I have 2 masters

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I see cats and dogs sleeping in bed with me as a plus. I feel like it is some sort of primal/mother nature need that I must fill. Plus, snoring bully dogs is adorable. The wife, not so much.:p

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I see cats and dogs sleeping in bed with me as a plus. I feel like it is some sort of primal/mother nature need that I must fill. Plus, snoring bully dogs is adorable. The wife, not so much.:p

You have a snoring bully wife?  8P

Wait, don't answer that. She might see.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:16 AM, tekering said:

Kitzconcept is in Hong Kong, and they ship directly from their factory in China.  Nothing to do with Japan Post.

I know that. I mentioned it along with my N-Y order which is directly related to Japan Post.  I mentioned it as an aside that international shipping seems to be moving better after months of inactivity.  I didn't think I needed to spell it out, but oh well.

Edited by sharky

On 9/15/2020 at 8:34 AM, sqidd said:

How is that related to EMS shipping? Were they shipped EMS?

Who said anything about EMS shipping?  I thought EMS was a method that was getting through based on what I read on prior posts in this thread?  Maybe I'm mixed up on that.  My bad.

I originally selected SAL-Registered.  At the time I ordered it back in late Feb.  I didn't realize it would be a problem.  It was ,and still is, an in stock item, so my only assumption is that they were not processing orders because people weren't able to go to work and/or not able to ship due to the suspension of Japan Post international shipping which I only learned about through this thread.  I tried to contact them to get the shipping method changed to something else, but I never got a reply.  Since so much time had passed I am assuming it's because they weren't able to send it out at all due to shipping restrictions.

So, even though my order is being processed, I suppose it will still get held up because of the shipping restrictions on Japan Post?

Edited by sharky

2 hours ago, sharky said:

I know that. I mentioned it along with my N-Y order which is directly related to Japan Post.  I mentioned it as an aside that international shipping seems to be moving better after months of inactivity.  I didn't think I needed to spell it out, but oh well.

I don't think that passive aggressively calling me and Tekering dummies was your best option here. At least one of us is a genius (possibly both) and one of us is a English professor.:unknw::p

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I don't think that passive aggressively calling me and Tekering dummies was your best option here. At least one of us is a genius (possibly both) and one of us is a English professor.:unknw::p

Like he wasn't doing the same in a round about way by trying to correct me.  I went to the websites and ordered the stuff.  It's pretty obvious where each respective webshop is located to anyone that goes on the site.  Assuming I didn't know even after going on there various times to shop would be calling me dumb, so correcting me is an insinuation in itself.  Even more passive aggressive if you ask me.  Generally speaking I think collectors of Macross tend to be pretty smart.  I don't think anyone on here is a dummy.  Nor, do I think I'm smarter than everyone.  So, you don't have to posture up and explain how smart you are.  Bragging is not a good option either by the way.  I could go on about my education and profession, but there's really no point in doing so.

What happened to this place?  I make some comments trying to add to the discussion, not directed at anyone, and people jump on you trying to be know it alls.  It used to be much more friendly around here.  I guess I was being a bit cranky myself.  A humble apology for snapping at you and Tekering.

Edited by sharky

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

A @jenius? Totally different person.

We're brothers from a different mother. He was the one that was accidentally dropped on his head. That's why Dad used different spellings for our names.

God, I hope he's gets the joke.:p

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

No apologies necessary, man.  We're all geeks with fragile egos here, and we just love to correct each other. :lol:

Thanks,  I'll do my best and not read to much into comments in the future.  I guess I was inferring negative tone where there was none.  I used to be a regular here, but I seemed to have fallen away the past years.  I may go away for a while, but I'll never leave my dark master that is Macross. :D